Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir rural FTTH thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Just used the airwire checker there. Should be available in early October thank ****

I just hope the current duct I have will be OK. Its around 80 feet to the pole so quite a bit of digging if it's not OK.

It will be some upgrade from the current 2.5mb down.

Get a 6mm or 8mm nylon pull rope into it ...... then you will know it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I am ordering ftth on eirs web chat . is it normal to request my IBan.

UrbanFret wrote: »

If you are agreeing to direct debit, then I would say yes.

Not that your IBAN could allow anything to happen you have not agreed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I think they need it for setting up DD.

I think they need it for setting up DD.
    I am an existing customer so they should already have had it.

• Advertisement

Hehehehehehehe ....... everyone you communicate with in eir will ask the same list of questions, even if you have answered them two minutes previously.

:D:D

TBH I'd rather order over the phone or in person where I can gauge the other person's competence. I find the live chat only useful for trivial issues. Definitely ask why they are requesting it if you're an existing customer.

TBH I'd rather order over the phone or in person where I can gauge the other person's competence. I find the live chat only useful for trivial issues. Definitely ask why they are requesting it if you're an existing customer.
    "once the order is placed, the IBAN details get auto deleted so that no one can access it, we do take care of our customers security and privacy. Therefore we need to set it up everytime we add a product to the account"

"once the order is placed, the IBAN details get auto deleted so that no one can access it, we do take care of our customers security and privacy. Therefore we need to set it up everytime we add a product to the account"

Sounds plausible but I have no idea if it is true or not.

Sounds plausible but I have no idea if it is true or not.

I don't think it matters who has your IBAN.

EDIT:
    Bank account funds cannot be debited, withdrawn or transferred using only IBAN and BIC account details. they are used solely to credit or transfer funds into bank accounts.

So no danger in anyone knowing this, as it is used to transfer money into the account and not out.

https://www.yescapa.com/help/payment/how-secure-it-provide-my-iban-and-bic/

• Advertisement

Ah well the harms done now.

Ah well the harms done now.

See edit on previous post. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I don't think it matters who has your IBAN.

Your account can be debited.

HOWEVER: to be able to do this, you need to be sponsored by a bank to process direct debits and have an originator number to submit these direct debits to their bank.

On top of that, any SEPA direct debit can be reversed for up to 3 months.

So yes .. the risk is extremely low.

/M

Carolan Lennon will appear before the Communications Committee tomorrow to discuss broadband installation issues particularly in rural areas.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/press-centre/press-releases/20180917-broadband-installation-issues-on-communications-committee-agenda-as-it-meets-with-eir-chief-executive-carolan-lennon/

2pm start time and it can be viewed here:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/oireachtas-tv/cr2-live/

Marlow wrote: »
    Your account can be debited.

HOWEVER: to be able to do this, you need to be sponsored by a bank to process direct debits and have an originator number to submit these direct debits to their bank.

On top of that, any SEPA direct debit can be reversed for up to 3 months.

So yes .. the risk is extremely low.

/M

But not based solely on having the IBAN.
    For an unauthorised debit fraud would have to be involved (or bank error).

The account can be credited solely on the IBAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

Right folks who's DDoSing Eir.

m99T wrote: »

All those with unlimited 1Gb/s connections :D

Another bump in the road with the F2000 modem ......

Apparently there is a limit of 8 devices that can be assigned reserved IP addresses on the LAN!

Yep ...... just tried to give another one a 'static' ip and was told the limit had been reached!

This F2000 is getting old fast!

Another bump in the road with the F2000 modem ......

Apparently there is a limit of 8 devices that can be assigned reserved IP addresses on the LAN!

Yep ...... just tried to give another one a 'static' ip and was told the limit had been reached!

This F2000 is getting old fast!

Can you set static IPs manually on the devices that require them? Change the DHCP pool on the router for example to .100 to .254 and have .2 to .99 for statics or whatever suits your needs.

Can you set static IPs manually on the devices that require them? Change the DHCP pool on the router for example to .100 to .254 and have .2 to .99 for statics or whatever suits your needs.

I expect it can be done, on most devices at least, but that is neither convenient nor as easily managed as doing them all in the one interface on my PC.

The hardware of the F2000 must be severely limited if this limitation is due to some lack of storage of the info.
    If not then why a limitation at all? :mad:

I get peeved at trying to work around stupid limitations on devices.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

We have updated the database for OpenEIR FTTC/FTTH today.

It can be found at https://www.airwire.ie/avail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

m99T wrote: »

Using an Eir connection (mobile or VDSL) their website and webmail is working but not via some other providers. Wonder if they have limited access to only the Eir IPs due to some other reason.... Time to change the my eir email password perhaps....

MBSnr wrote: »
    Using an Eir connection (mobile or VDSL) their website and webmail is working but not via some other providers. Wonder if they have limited access to only the Eir IPs due to some other reason.... Time to change the my eir email password perhaps....

Nah. They have massive problems today. Both internally (hardware failure in their hosting somewhere) and externally (multiple 10gig out of the country toast).

They're website has been on and off at best today.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We have updated the database for OpenEIR FTTC/FTTH today.

It can be found at https://www.airwire.ie/avail

It's strange, that update says that there are "currently no ports available", yet the Eir site has been saying for the past week that it is available. I think they're messing with my head, and I'll probably need counselling.

I started an Eir chat session and asked them for confirmation, but no one replied, and I assume that their website trouble was the reason.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It's strange, that update says that there are "currently no ports available", yet the Eir site has been saying for the past week that it is available. I think they're messing with my head, and I'll probably need counselling.

I started an Eir chat session and asked them for confirmation, but no one replied, and I assume that their website trouble was the reason.

Eir retail DO NOT pull every file from OpenEIR. They're often a month behind.

"No ports available" means there's a problem with the exchange and/or rollout or the DP is full. Once they sort that, it'll be available again.

But it does mean, that the providers can't order on that eircode. And with Airwires checker, there's at least a date of when OpenEIR published that data. With Eir you never know.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

oh bloody hell I have just checked the eir broadband coverage map for our area and where it once said "expected 4th quarter of 2018 now it says "available within 6 months!" - I mean , I know they might cover themselves but this is ridiculous! - I can see the DP on the pole right across from my bleeding house! - why do they keep moving the goalposts and the available dates like this?

461588.jpg

oh bloody hell I have just checked the eir broadband coverage map for our area and where it once said "expected 4th quarter of 2018 now it says "available within 6 months!"

This is which map, please ?

The maps on Openeir.ie are out of date. You can't go by those dates. And as ejmaztec already notice above, Eirs own database is also out of date again.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    This is which map, please ?

The maps on Openeir.ie are out of date. You can't go by those dates. And as ejmaztec already notice above, Eirs own database is also out of date again.

/M

its here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/ this looks like a different map i am used to seeing - looks more updated than before

its here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/ this looks like a different map i am used to seeing - looks more updated than before

Ignore it.

• Advertisement

Ignore it.

is it an old / outdated ... wrong then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement