Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir rural FTTH thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Gonzo wrote: »
    No you still have the 1tb cap in place. Eir will not give unlimited to any current customers unless they ring and upgrade their plan by taking out another contract AND adding an extra service such as a mobile phone plan.

Plenty of annoyed current customers on the Eir forum. Not sure anyone has been successful in changing to unlimited without taking on some extra service. https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057895884

Who is your ISP these days Gonzo? Think we got FTTH around same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No you still have the 1tb cap in place. Eir will not give unlimited to any current customers unless they ring and upgrade their plan by taking out another contract AND adding an extra service such as a mobile phone plan.

Not true, if you are in contract then yes you need to add something (like maybe the 30 day sim package...). If outta contract then recontract and you get the unlimited allowance (it does require a little jigging of the order to get it to be implemented and make sure you ask for it)

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not true, if you are in contract then yes you need to add something (like maybe the 30 day sim package...). If outta contract then recontract and you get the unlimited allowance (it does require a little jigging of the order to get it to be implemented and make sure you ask for it)

Hi, so for new contract (existing customer) what do you need to ask for?

Should it not be auto applied?

How will you know if it has been correctly applied?

Are agents aware if you ask for it?

Thanks Friztzelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Have you managed to do this yourself?
    People on the talk to Eir forum (customers not reps) say they had to change bundle. Even if you are out of contract the new bundle must have a different name for them to remove the FUP.

It may also take several hours waiting on the phone getting transferred to different departments.

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi, so for new contract (existing customer) what do you need to ask for?

Should it not be auto applied?

How will you know if it has been correctly applied?

Are agents aware if you ask for it?

Thanks Friztzelly

They need to change your package and put you back i.e. 150 to 300 and back to 150 once active which should be within an hour or two. This is only if you are out of contract tho.

• Advertisement

They need to change your package and put you back i.e. 150 to 300 and back to 150 once active which should be within an hour or two. This is only if you are out of contract tho.

I see, do you think that eir reps know about this procedure?

You will be paying €65.99 for the 150 service and not the price new customers get.

Just go with airwire 300 mbit with 2 TB cap for €60 if 2TB is enough for your usage.

Sounds like only agents who know this would be able to help so it would be hit and miss....

Have not had great experience with Eir to date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

And in the meanwhile Eir manages to make a mess of your bill :)

It's certainly not a customer friendly approach.

/M

Sounds like only agents who know this would be able to help so it would be hit and miss....

Have not had great experience with Eir to date

I agree, it would be an easier process to move to an ISP that has better customer service.

Marlow wrote: »
    And in the meanwhile Eir manages to make a mess of your bill :)

It's certainly not a customer friendly approach.

/M

It can be taken as a given that they would leave most people paying €74.98 for 300 mbit and not switch you back.

• Advertisement

You wont get any discounts because you are not a new customer so you pay the full price.
    Make sure you go to loyalty and not customer care who wont have a clue
    It's a software problem - probably would cost a fortune to get it changed.

tuxy wrote: »
    I see, do you think that eir reps know about this procedure?

You will be paying €65.99 for the 150 service and not the price new customers get.

Just go with airwire 300 mbit with 2 TB cap for €60 if 2TB is enough for your usage.

Airwire option looks good.

Would hate to go through the Eir customer service trauma I encountered at start of FTTH again.

If your out of contract with Eir do you need to give 30 day notice to switch ISP?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's worked for a few people who are out of contract but not them all. I read on the Eir forum people like myself out of contract being asked to add on something extra.

Eir could easily have applied the unlimited to all customers, but instead we have this current mess of a situation so that current customers add new products or re-contract for another 12 to 18 months.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Who is your ISP these days Gonzo? Think we got FTTH around same time.

I am still with Eir and out of contract. I am not sure I want to enter another contract because there is a slight chance I might be selling the house over the next 12 months and moving to a smaller house in a more urban area.

If I move i'll be making sure the new home has either Eir or Siro FTTH or Virgin Media.

There are alot of new developments in Dunshaughlin and most of them are being prepared for both Siro and Virgin.

If you are being asked to add something then ask for a supervisor

Re cancellation - pretty much every company has a 30 day cancellation period.

If you are being asked to add something then ask for a supervisor

Re cancellation - pretty much every company has a 30 day cancellation period.

Apart from, when you do a provider change using the UAN.

Vodafone - 30 days start counting from when the port is migrated to another provider.
    Eir - ??
    Airwire - account ceases, when the port is migrated to another provider.

Haven't checked others.

Obviously, that only applies within the same wholesale network.

/M

Apart from, when you do a provider change using the UAN.

Vodafone - 30 days start counting from when the port is migrated to another provider.
    Eir - ??
    Airwire - account ceases, when the port is migrated to another provider.

Haven't checked others.

Obviously, that only applies within the same wholesale network.

/M
    Yes ?? is the best way to describe Eir's position on customer support and service

It was my understanding that changing using your UAN would allow for a seamless switch to another provider without having to give notice and without loss of service.

Eir has been known to charge people regardless and comreg were involved to try to get to resolved. I don't know what the outcome was.

Many years ago when I left eir to move to another company I was told there is no cancellation period when moving to another provider with the UAN (as you are still operating with in the same sphere of providers or words to that effect).
    eir subsequently charged me the full price for not giving notice even after someone in loyalty telling me the same thing
    Subsequently overturned by comreg and cheque issued (several years later) for a lot of people including myself.

Just remembered they also cancelled the package deal I was on starting from the previous billing date resulting in a massive phone bill charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

If your out of contract with Eir do you need to give 30 day notice to switch ISP?

Nope, new isp sorts it. As soon as your UAN is given and you’re migrated Eircom will post you a final bill.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Our pricing has been updated today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Our pricing has been updated today.

You remove your cap? and how does that work for existing customers? Also one of the more comprehensive pricing policies i have seen, looks good.

Calhoun wrote: »
    You remove your cap? and how does that work for existing customers? Also one of the more comprehensive pricing policies i have seen, looks good.

just had a look and Airwire's Cap is completely gone on both Siro and OpenEir FTTH!.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

It automatically applies to all customers.

There will be a few customers on legacy fixed wireless packages, that don't exist anymore, that we will have to contact and see, if they want to change.

For the majority of our existing customer base it's just an automatic change to the current pricing plan. Disregardless if you're in contract or not.
    just had a look and Airwire's Cap is completely gone on both Siro and OpenEir FTTH!.

On all products. Like it was in the past, before we started offering VDSL and FTTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

There will be a few customers on legacy fixed wireless packages, that don't exist anymore, that we will have to contact and see, if they want to change.

For the majority of our existing customer base it's just an automatic change to the current pricing plan. Disregardless if you're in contract or not.

On all products. Like it was in the past, before we started offering VDSL and FTTH.

Good stuff, thank you !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Thanks for clarifying :) the pricing is really clear and I like the option for free install with the longer contract to reflect .

You guys keep getting better, can't recommended aorwirr highly enough .

Thanks for clarifying :) the pricing is really clear and I like the option for free install with the longer contract to reflect .

I think the install is still €200. Switching to them as always been free with an 18 month contract.
    I doubt anyone can offer free installs as I think the openeir price wholesale is €240 per install.

I think the install is still €200. Switching to them as always been free with an 18 month contract.
    I doubt anyone can offer free installs as I think the openeir price wholesale is €240 per install.

OpenEIRs wholesale pricing is 272.50 + VAT all in. That's over 300 EUR to the operator. And then the cost for router on top of that, if it's provided for free. SIRO is 1/3 of that.

/M

OpenEIRs wholesale pricing is 272.50 + VAT all in. That's over 300 EUR to the operator.

/M

Yikes, can see why Sky and Vodafone were reluctant to offer a service on the network.

So how can Eir offer €100 install on a short 12 month contract?

• Advertisement

Yikes, can see why Sky and Vodafone were reluctant to offer a service on the network.

So how can Eir offer €100 install on a short 12 month contract?

By hoping, that people don't switch and recouping the remainder in year 2. There is a reason, that they stopped offering free installation. It got way too expensive for them.

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement