Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir rural FTTH thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I just called them and it’ll be Monday 14th before I’ll get an appointment. Had it confirmed the other day the appointment would be today as booked online. Absolute joke of a company.

Pay peanuts get monkeys: KNIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

ninja 12 wrote: »
    The official fibre live date for my exchange is today (9th May) .

I preordered a couple of weeks ago and was told that I'd get a call / email / text today with an installation date .

Me , being the impatient type , rang after lunch today to enquire about any updates .

I was told that there was a survey / installation scheduled for the morning of Monday 14th May but that the message hadn't been sent yet :D

She asked would I like to confirm if Monday suited , I said "Yes please "

Can't wait :D:D

Only a few more days to go ( hopefully )

:D
    I pre-ordered too, and was expecting fibre to be up and running yesterday. I then found out the the fibre part of the order didnt go through, just the phone line order. So, now i have to wait for the failed fibre order to be cancelled so they can re-order it and schedule an install. You might want to double check that your order isnt in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I pre-ordered too, and was expecting fibre to be up and running yesterday. I then found out the the fibre part of the order didnt go through, just the phone line order. So, now i have to wait for the failed fibre order to be cancelled so they can re-order it and schedule an install. You might want to double check that your order isnt in the same situation.

I was definitely told that Fibre Extreme 300 was to be surveyed / installed on Monday .

The confirmation email with the Monday appointment even states that the installer will bring the router with them .

Fingers crossed all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I was definitely told that Fibre Extreme 300 was to be surveyed / installed on Monday .

The confirmation email with the Monday appointment even states that the installer will bring the router with them .

Fingers crossed all goes well

Sounds good so. I have the router nearly a month now and the fibre cable sitting in the hall, but no light yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Sounds good so. I have the router nearly a month now and the fibre cable sitting in the hall, but no light yet.....

They wouldn't do any work when they had no light at the pole/DP for me, 'only paid for completed jobs' keeps being mentioned
    KeRbDoG wrote: »
    So eventually the pole/DP serving my house was lit so an install was planned for last Friday - failed install as the install needed 2 KN folks as the DP was on diagonally across a road on a corner :/ was of a half day, the previous 'no light there' engineer should have marked the future install as a two person job...anywho, new install date Tuesday next week so lets see what happens.
    When initially walking the path with the KN installer, I could see him trying to find out a way which he could get out of the install job :)

My '3rd time lucky' install date got pulled in from next Tuesday to this Friday, sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

No sign of eir/kn yet. Booked an evening install slot. Highly unlikely they’ll install/survey this afternoon.

Afternoon slot is always a bad plan. From what I've seen, they do all the AM and All day appointments. By the time they've gone through them, the day is gone and all the PM appointments just get cancelled off.

Next, you'll be chasing to get your install done.

Sad, but true story.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Hopefully a quick one.

Do you need an ETU on the house or can they pull the cable straight in?
    Our ducting/vault runs straight from the base of the pole to the internal location in the house.

Thanks,

C.

Cuauhtemoc wrote: »
    Hopefully a quick one.

Do you need an ETU on the house or can they pull the cable straight in?
    Our ducting/vault runs straight from the base of the pole to the internal location in the house.

Thanks,

C.

Assuming an ok bend radius then I don't see an issue.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

We've updated the database today for OpenEIR FTTC/FTTH.

It can be found at https://www.airwire.ie/avail

The VDSL data includes supervectoring speeds. We're waiting for OpenEIR to confirm availability on these at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

We've updated the database today for OpenEIR FTTC/FTTH.

It can be found at https://www.airwire.ie/avail

The VDSL data includes supervectoring speeds. We're waiting for OpenEIR to confirm availability on these at the moment.
    I don't see my eircode on there yet Martin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

AidenL wrote: »
    I don't see my eircode on there yet Martin?

It is the pre-qual file from Openeir. For all of the Eircodes on the list the preparatory work is finished and orders can be made. The fibre has not even been run in your area yet? If so you'll be waiting a few months most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

It is the pre-qual file from Openeir. For all of the Eircodes on the list the preparatory work is finished and orders can be made. The fibre has not even been run in your area yet? If so you'll be waiting a few months most likely.

Thank you! I thought it was a list for future availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

We're finally one step closer. Pole erected this morning on the side of our driveway and cable team scheduled for next Thursday to bring the cable to our shiny new pole and down into our duct. Fingers crossed we're on the last lap. KN are really nice guys to deal with. Eir not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Hey,

Fibre was installed down the road two weeks ago, this week the junction boxes were put up. Anyone have any idea what the timeframe is from this stage to going live?

Also, I dont have an active phoneline at my house...is this a requirement to receive fibre? (I currently have SkyTV and Fixed Wireless BB)

Hey,

Fibre was installed down the road two weeks ago, this week the junction boxes were put up. Anyone have any idea what the timeframe is from this stage to going live?

Also, I dont have an active phoneline at my house...is this a requirement to receive fibre? (I currently have SkyTV and Fixed Wireless BB)

No phoneline is required. The service is delivered over a fibre optic cable that is brought into your home.

The time frame to allow orders can vary. If the exchange area is already live then it could be a matter of a week however if your road was one of the first deployments in the exchange area it could be up to a month.

The only way to know for sure is keep checking your Eircode on those links I gave you in the other thread,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

No phoneline is required. The service is delivered over a fibre optic cable that is brought into your home.

The time frame to allow orders can vary. If the exchange area is already live then it could be a matter of a week however if your road was one of the first deployments in the exchange area it could be up to a month.

The only way to know for sure is keep checking your Eircode on those links I gave you in the other thread,

Thanks.

The cabinets in town are live, Im about 1.8km from the nearest one.

Thanks.

The cabinets in town are live, Im about 1.8km from the nearest one.

The cabinets are irrelevant for this discussion. When talking about the exchange area being live I mean if other parts of the area are live for FTTH then you may not have to wait as long.

Way hay! FTTH installed! ...but they put me on the 150Mb package instead of the 1000Mb which I originally ordered. Contacted them and they are insisting its a physical installation needs to happen...in 5 days time.
    Maybe this is a sales person being confused or do they ship a new router? They dropped a new F2000 router today with the FTTH install

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Way hay! FTTH installed! ...but they put me on the 150Mb package instead of the 1000Mb which I originally ordered. Contacted them and they are insisting its a physical installation needs to happen...in 5 days time.
    Maybe this is a sales person being confused or do they ship a new router? They dropped a new F2000 router today with the FTTH install

No. The sales person is talking sh*te. Also, what's going to happen now, is that they probably are going to install another line into your house, if that's what is happening.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    No. The sales person is talking sh*te. Also, what's going to happen now, is that they probably are going to install another line into your house, if that's what is happening.

/M

They are assuring me that this isn't a new line to be installed but a move from the 150Mb package to the 1000Mb package :) next week should be interesting

• Advertisement

They work off an accounting package (bespoke) but the real info is in OE's Unified Gateway. Likely just misreading the status messages.

Profile changes happen almost instantly, Product changes (what you've got prodcessing) take a bit longer. There forecast date is 5 days away but it may tick over any night between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

A change to 1Gb takes a minute or two to implement and is usually up and running within an hour or two but can take a bit longer
    Get onto customer care, sounds like you have a new order

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Admin: Sorry for any interruption to services there but the old thread needed closing for reaching 10,000 posts so this is the new thread.

Old thread locked.

A 10ker in BB? Unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Admin: Sorry for any interruption to services there but the old thread needed closing for reaching 10,000 posts so this is the new thread.

Old thread locked.

Are you not like 3 months too late...

fritzelly wrote: »
    Are you not like 3 months too late...
    Well, the ftth rollout is running late, so why should this surprise you! :P

Better late than never :)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Whats Eirs policy on new builds?
    I mentioned here before that my brother has a built a new house in a fibre-enabled area, he can see the fibre box from his house, he got an underground trench dug from the pole to the house, but now Eir say they cant do it, something to do with his house/ eircode not showing up on their google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Hi all..I just wanted to share my experience, which might provide reference for those yet to be installed...

Tree cutting and pole replacement commenced around the start of Dec last..roll out of cables mid Jan..boxes on poles early March..I put my order in with eir on 28th March.. Got installed on 30th April (day before they introduced install fee)..so all in all from where the first sign of work commenced took about 5 months end to end..obviously that's just my experience and all seemed to go to plan.. Everything has gone smoothly since and enjoying the super and reliable speeds since.

PS: big thanks to the contributors on here, esp Marlow and navi for their informed and much appreciated postings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Barry5714

Just tried ringing Eir to order FTTH first thing she did was do a line test and i thought what has my landline got to do with FTTH she came back and told me upto 8MB which i already knew cause thats what im currently on. It's supposed to be live since Wednesday 09/05/18 and according to Airwire's eircode checker it is even Eir's main website is telling me great news Fibre to the Home is available Openeir site still saying first half of 2018. She left it by saying maybe their system isn't fully upto date and ring back in a couple of days. Shouldn't EIR be more upto date then Airwire since it's their infastructure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement