Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir rural FTTH thread II

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

We've updated the database today for OpenEIR FTTC/FTTH.

It can be found at https://www.airwire.ie/avail

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

After pole went in, final install date was set for next Monday. Got a call today to say OpenEir working overtime and would we like install tomorrow instead. Jumped at opportunity. Cross your fingers and if anyone else is waiting, keep an eye out for missed calls from OpenEir in case your install is available sooner too!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Marlow wrote: »
    There is a different issue here, that's causing this. I've seen an area in Kerry go live with RFO dates for the 9th. And then on the updated file on the 10th, all ports on said sub-exchange went unavailable. Now the story is end July/start August.

There's constant fiddling of figures going on. Sometimes orders on the fiddled lines go in and then you end up with ... well, the fiber is there, but no gear in the exchange. Or the gear they installed in the exchange turns up faulty.

That looks like being the reality of it. I won't spell it out further.

/M

Sounds familiar, I ordered fibre last month, as the go live data for my area was 8th May. First two fibre orders failed, one before the go live, one after. Third order went through with an appointment for tomorrow. I texted the KN installer that had done some prep work last month including pulling the fibre into the house. He rang to tell me that fibre on the road isn't live yet and probably wont be by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Told they have to do a survey. 14th of June

I kind of wish our corporate partner was wrong when they told me end of June for FTTH to our large factory in the town. Maybe he was told early May and just knew to add two months for all this crap.

Got an update today, still telling me end of June for our go live for the business. Were part of a trial group for a large 'reseller' or 'partner' that doesnt offically sell ftth at the moment so i had assumed the June date was because of that...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Excellent....I'm looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

It would be interesting to know how many houses can get > 100mb/s from more than one provider (as opposed to reseller). i.e. we have Virgin but can only get 30mb over the phoneline and no FTTH. There can't be that many places that can get Virgin and FTTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Just SIRO and NBP, still boycotting Eir.

“ Our reach will continue to grow year on year through our relationship with partners such as [ESB/Vodafone joint venture] Siro and through backing the Government’s National Broadband Plan, which will make superfast broadband a reality for currently under-served communities,” she added.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The company’s new “aggregate product” utilises existing fibre technologies and networks from other suppliers, bundling them into a single package for the consumer, which it claims is 10 times faster than the standard fibre product on the Irish market.

Read between the lines. Sky's relationship with Eir is via BT.
    BT are aggregating services for Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

The company’s new “aggregate product” utilises existing fibre technologies and networks from other suppliers, bundling them into a single package for the consumer, which it claims is 10 times faster than the standard fibre product on the Irish market.

Correct. BT are offering an aggregation service that provides Sky with access to both SIRO and eir. Sky have not partnered with eir or have a direct relationship with them. This is handled through BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Let's see. It should be obvious from address checker results. I'm more interested in seeing Sky's FUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭michaelheno

Lads thinking of going with Digiweb for openeir FTTH are they good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭shigllgetcha

Anyone beats eir

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

Fcking joke. Middle of Tallaght, less than 500m as crow flies from Square.............and 7mb "fibre".

what a p1ss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Saw on Sky Ireland web site this morning....if you are interested in Sky 1G Fibre to register.
    They will contact you when it is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Fcking joke. Middle of Tallaght, less than 500m as crow flies from Square.............and 7mb "fibre".

what a p1ss take.

But ... But ... this is the RURAL FTTH thread ........ Tallaght hardly qualifies!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

garroff wrote: »
    Saw on Sky Ireland web site this morning....if you are interested in Sky 1G Fibre to register.
    They will contact you when it is available.
    The question is can we get sky FTTH on Eir FTTH network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

rob808 wrote: »
    The question is can we get sky FTTH on Eir FTTH network.
    And the answer is yes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

joe_99 wrote: »
    And the answer is yes :-)
    We wait and see if true it be great.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Can you clarify something?

Free installation if I switch to airwire from let’s say Vodafone ptsn and sign an 18 month contract?

Is it odd that KN are doing what I can only assume is FTTH work on roads that arent on the on the 300k rollout?

EM0Af0a_d.jpg

They were working on this lane that goes nowhere and isnt on the 300k before they went to the next back road that was on the map. they dug up the footpath in a few places between the eir manholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Is it odd that KN are doing what I can only assume is FTTH work on roads that arent on the on the 300k rollout?

EM0Af0a_d.jpg

They were working on this lane that goes nowhere and isnt on the 300k before they went to the next back road that was on the map. they dug up the footpath in a few places between the eir manholes

No it's not unusual. In many of the areas that have gone live they have passed a greater number of premises than was originally specified in the pdf that was released to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

EM0Af0a_d.jpg

Is that around Ballyshannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can you clarify something?

Free installation if I switch to airwire from let’s say Vodafone ptsn and sign an 18 month contract?

A PSTN line is not a fibre line (FTTH I assume you are wanting) so it's a brand new line installation and ergo a charge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

fritzelly wrote: »
    A PSTN line is not a fibre line (FTTH I assume you are wanting) so it's a brand new line installation and ergo a charge

Provider move / Existing fibre line
    6 months €99.00 From €89.00
    12 months €99.00 Basic router free
    18 months Free Basic router free

That suggests I can migrate my PSTN Vodafone service ie number to Airwire if I sign up for 18 months. Fibre line will be installed free.

Edit. Nothing in the T&Cs or disclaimers

Provider move / Existing fibre line
    6 months €99.00 From €89.00
    12 months €99.00 Basic router free
    18 months Free Basic router free

That suggests I can migrate my PSTN Vodafone service ie number to Airwire if I sign up for 18 months. Fibre line will be installed free.

Edit. Nothing in the T&Cs or disclaimers

You would need a fibre provider
    On an 18 month (150mb) contract Airwire would make probably less than a hundred euro if the install was free (maybe marlow/navi can give the exact figures)

Only company (after eir started charging) doing it for free is westnet (but they have their reasons)

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep Westnet: Paul

fritzelly wrote: »
    Only company (after eir started charging) doing it for free is westnet (but they have their reasons)

We like to be different. :pac:

AidenL wrote: »
    Is that around Ballyshannon?

Yeh out the rosnowlagh road

• Advertisement

We like to be different. :pac:

Surprised you didn't bring in a charge, if even nominal, after eir introducing a charge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement