Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir rural FTTH thread II

Options
1337338339340341343»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭kazoo106

They ABSOLUTELY should not have taken your neighbours eircode to place an order - this is against openeir policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kazoo106 wrote: »
    They ABSOLUTELY should not have taken your neighbours eircode to place an order - this is against openeir policy.

Yes, this will cause awful problems but the sales person will still get their commission.
    EletricMan wrote: »
    Anyone been through this on new build with a new eircode? The job itself is simple the pole is directly outside my house with a roped duct into the house and it has one of the firbe joint boxes on the top of the pole.

I think there is a process for new builds to be added and it is sometimes possible. Eir retail are not the company I want to be reliant on for this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭EletricMan

kazoo106 wrote: »

Okay, how do I get FTTH so when my eircode doesn't work?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tuxy wrote: »
    Do open eir offer a business product with higher upload like siro do?
    If they did would everyone be happy?

I had a look through their product sheets and for Business it looks mostly the same except for the 300meg plan.

FTTH Home: 150/30.- 300/50. - 1000/100

FTTH Business: 150/30. - 300/72. - 1000/100

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gonzo wrote: »

Don't think those are commonly available currently.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

What's going to happen next is a lad is going to call you and tell you he's on the way pull up outside the eircode on the job then tell you your house is not the eircode given then he's going to fail it for incorrect eircode and add correct eircode which will get sent back to provider and likely not go anywhere if your eircode isn't indexed which as a new build it wouldn't have been. It's a waiting game I'm afraid unless you can grab aholda a suit and see if they can make a special case. If the installer puts a line in for your neighbours address into your house your neighbour may not be able to get ftth as their line would be in your house.which would likely lead into knock on headaches of disconnecting you to give them their port back which then would leave you in contract for a service your not able to get and constant faults being flagged. Common sense doesn't exist in openeirs database.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Gonzo wrote: »

There's no 300/72 FTTH product available to order from open eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

EletricMan wrote: »
    Okay, how do I get FTTH so when my eircode doesn't work?

If your installation fails which sounds like it could happen then you could try these steps:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111612208&postcount=10212

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

We have updated the database for OpenEIR FTTC/FTTH today.

It can be found at https://www.airwire.ie/avail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Do we know what area's they are working on for FTTH? Cannot really tell form there roll-out map. I currently can get fibre between 20-70MB in Castlebar but its very inconsistent. I emailed them and the mailbox has been closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Do we know what area's they are working on for FTTH? Cannot really tell form there roll-out map. I currently can get fibre between 20-70MB in Castlebar but its very inconsistent. I emailed them and the mailbox has been closed

No ... your best bet is the Airwire checker. Once it shows "Available soon", it'll be a matter of months opposed to years.

The fibrerollout map .. while being updated again ... is out by nearly 6 months. And I don't think they're going to give us a map for the urban rollout.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Marlow wrote: »
    No ... your best bet is the Airwire checker. Once it shows "Available soon", it'll be a matter of months opposed to years.

Our area has been "Available Soon" now for 14 months approx. Fibre has been run but no DP's. They must have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Supertoucher

jgbyr wrote: »
    They must have an issue.

I think it's safe to say that they have a lot of "issues" :pac:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Closing this thread because it has reached its size limit before the rollout was completed.

The conversation continues here...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement