Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir rural FTTH thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    I’m in contract with Eir until November.

Can I sign up to new contract now to avail of unlimited FUP or do I have to wait under contract expires?

(Sorry if this is a dumb question. I assume I have to wait until current contract expires)
    well no you can change your package given you a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

rob808 wrote: »
    well no you can change your package given you a new contract.

So somone with a fttc package of broadband only would need to add the phone or something.

It would be mad if they don't relent on this. What are they trying to gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

What are they trying to gain.

More confusion.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Am I not correct in thinking it's only the 1000mbit package has unlimited usage? it's the only one that states "Unlimited Ultra Fibre broadband. Ireland's fastest broadband with unlimited usage"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Am I not correct in thinking it's only the 1000mbit package has unlimited usage? it's the only one that states "Unlimited Ultra Fibre broadband. Ireland's fastest broadband with unlimited usage"

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part3.1.pdf

Page 6, note 5

All eir Fibre packages have no FUP if signed up after 25th July.

• Advertisement

So somone with a fttc package of broadband only would need to add the phone or something.

It would be mad if they don't relent on this. What are they trying to gain.

Well if you change package you'll be subject to, at least, a new 12 month contract so they'll have achieved retaining you for at least that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part3.1.pdf

Page 6, note 5

All eir Fibre packages have no FUP if signed up after 25th July.

Odd that they chose to only put unlimited usage on one of them so

Odd that they chose to only put unlimited usage on one of them so

It does seem somewhat peculiar alright but I trust that fritzelly knows what they are talking about. The eir rep has confirmed it on the Talk To forum also.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/107613455

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

They actually don't.

What they're trying to highlight, is that it's the fastest broadband package in Ireland without limits.

While that's true, it's not the cheapest at that. Westnets SIRO Gbit/s offering is 45 EUR/month with an introductory 25 EUR for the first month ... with no limit.

/M

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I am delighted to hear that Eir have gotten rid of the Caps/Usage Policy for new contracts and sign ups, but it's extremely annoying that this doesn't apply to all customers who have fibre with them.

I am out of contract about 2 months and still on their 300meg package. So what am I to do now, upgrade to 1000 to avail of a new contract or add a mobile plan?

This is really annoying for current customers, wouldn't it be far easier to just remove the caps for everyone.

I hope this move by Eir also wakes up the likes of Digiweb, Pure and Vodafone who all still have 1tb caps in place. Hopefully they will see sense to remove the caps for all customers, not just new customers or contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The saga continues...

I've got a lend of a 3m endoscopic camera so I'm going to try and locate the end of the duct tonight.  After that I'll have to get hold of a line or rods somewhere to check the ducting.  But...  I just spoke to the guy who fixed my phone line after a digger broke it, and he doesn't remember whether he fixed the duct or just the line!

So I might have to break out the shovel...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Gonzo wrote: »
    I am delighted to hear that Eir have gotten rid of the Caps/Usage Policy for new contracts and sign ups, but it's extremely annoying that this doesn't apply to all customers who have fibre with them.

I am out of contract about 2 months and still on their 300meg package. So what am I to do now, upgrade to 1000 to avail of a new contract or add a mobile plan?

This is really annoying for current customers, wouldn't it be far easier to just remove the caps for everyone.

I hope this move by Eir also wakes up the likes of Digiweb, Pure and Vodafone who all still have 1tb caps in place. Hopefully they will see sense to remove the caps for all customers, not just new customers or contracts.
    Out of curiosity, have your usage details dissapeared from your account? Someone else posted that it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

KOR101 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, have your usage details dissapeared from your account? Someone else posted that it had.

I checked yesterday....usage details were there...no change

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep mine are totally gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Just checked now... historic usage GONE

garroff wrote: »

the only place it refers to usage is one line of text as a heading but there is no information.

'Your usage since latest bill
    Next bill will be issued 26 Jul
    '

mine keep batching on me being happening for months it annoying with the 1TB limit.

Could you not just threaten to move and negotiate signing up to the new 300Mb bundle at whatever the non discount price is? I don't see why you'd have to take a mobile package.

garroff wrote: »

My usage, both current and historic, is still there in My eir.

Could you not just threaten to move and negotiate signing up to the new 300Mb bundle at whatever the non discount price is? I don't see why you'd have to take a mobile package.
    He could get the 150mb package and get a new contract.

• Advertisement

and a mobile package also ties you into a 2 year contract which is way too long!.

He could get the 150mb package and get a new contract.

Probably doesn't want to downgrade though.

and a mobile package also ties you into a 2 year contract which is way too long!.

My 300Mb package will go to €92.99 after 12 months. No way in the world am I paying that so they either put me on a new deal or I'm gone to another ISP.

Probably doesn't want to downgrade though.
    I have it and it grand im on the broadband only contract wonder if I add phone to get a new contract work.

I have it and it grand im on the broadband only contract wonder if I add phone to get a new contract work.

I don't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I would take that to mean no enforcement of FUP. I grant you it is puzzling that some still have it.

I would take that to mean no enforcement of FUP. I grant you it is puzzling that some still have it.
    eir Rep wrote:
    We are aware customers have been experiencing issues viewing usage on their "my eir" accounts, we are hoping to have this resolved soon.

I'd be wary of breaching the cap unless specifically confirmed that it doesn't apply.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/107613455

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

@Gonzo - you are signing a new contract so you will get the new pricing and unlimited download (no one is allowed to use the old pricing). Don't need to add anything to it
    Will have to fight your own corner for the discounts tho

My 300Mb package will go to €92.99 after 12 months. No way in the world am I paying that so they either put me on a new deal or I'm gone to another ISP.
    That strange online it say €75 after 12 months that mad how yours is €92.99.That more expensive than the 1Gb broadband after 12 months which is €90 online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Old pricing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement