Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir rural FTTH thread II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

fritzelly wrote: »
    Nope, all Openeir - usually what happens is they forecast a month, if it's not done within a few weeks it's a bigger issue (either no one at all is connected or the equipment is faulty etc) in the exchange and will likely take months before it's sorted but they will still keep giving a month forecast.

Is there anyway for the company you order from to check and update you on the status of the DP? Eir have no interest in contacting me since I signed up, it's up to me to keep contacting them. I ordered in May but the DP has been there since January.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not really - they rely on what OE tell them
    Some areas have waited 6 months and more to go live after everything was installed and apparently working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

tuxy wrote: »
    Is there anyway for the company you order from to check and update you on the status of the DP? Eir have no interest in contacting me since I signed up, it's up to me to keep contacting them. I ordered in May but the DP has been there since January.

There's no guarantee they will respond to you but you could try emailing fibrepower@openeir.ie with the reference number of the DP. It's usually on a yellow sticker with black writing on the box itself. Explain your frustrations and how long you have been waiting and perhaps they'll answer you.

There's no guarantee they will respond to you but you could try emailing fibrepower@openeir.ie with the reference number of the DP. It's usually on a yellow sticker with black writing on the box itself. Explain your frustrations and how long you have been waiting and perhaps they'll answer you.

Thanks I'll give that a go.
    I did ring open Eir a few weeks ago after someone from Eir support told me to and even gave me the number. Open Eir promptly told me that they don't deal with that and to contact Eir.

@navi
    Have you had any response from fibrepower@openeir.ie recently? They seem to be blanking people

• Advertisement

Thanks I'll give that a go.
    I did ring open Eir a few weeks ago after someone from Eir support told me to and even gave me the number. Open Eir promptly told me that they don't deal with that and to contact Eir.

That's the rub alright. Being pushed from pillar to post with no answers. Have there been any connections made from any of the DPs in your immediate area?

That's the rub alright. Being pushed from pillar to post with no answers. Have there been any connections made from any of the DPs in your immediate area?

I don't know anyone else locally that's ordered it. I guess I should keep a lookout for overhanging cable from a DP to a house next time I'm out.

@navi
    Have you had any response from fibrepower@openeir.ie recently? They seem to be blanking people

I've never actually emailed them myself. I've never had the need to. They have helped some people in the past but I'm unsure when the last successful email was. The thing is it only takes a few minutes to compose and send a mail so you've nothing to lose by trying.

I don't know anyone else locally that's ordered it. I guess I should keep a lookout for overhanging cable from a DP to a house next time I'm out.

You can tell by looking at the DP. The drop cables are much thinner than the trunk cabling and tend to come out of the ports at the front of the box. If no-one has been connected it would point to a larger issue.

What general area are you tuxy like estate name/village, may ring a bell with me

• Advertisement

What general area are you tuxy like estate name/village, may ring a bell with me

Rathnaleen, Tipperary about 2km outside Nenagh

I just looked back on some old posts and actually my house was showing up as live on the APQ file since around this time last year. Would a 12 month old DP that still has no connection indicate a major problem?

Rathnaleen, Tipperary about 2km outside Nenagh

That particular area doesn't ring a bell, I know there are some issues in other Nenagh areas. Will check tomorrow if I can find out more.
    I suspect a patching issue and not a quick fix

That particular area doesn't ring a bell, I know there are some issues in other Nenagh areas. Will check tomorrow if I can find out more.

That would be great if you can check, thanks!
    Would it help if I sent you a my Eircode in a PM?

Can do, can find a few eircodes myself anyway to get checked

So I guess KN only have access to that same info at the ISPs?
    KN called out to me 3 times until one of them was brave enough to climb the pole and see if the DP was live.

KNN just do what they're told - some of the guys are better than others and some are a bit more clued in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Gonzo wrote: »
    Sky has not launched yet but the rumours are that it will have a stingy 1tb cap and priced similarly to Eir. If that's what they go with then there isn't a reason in the world to move to Sky. We shall wait and see.
    If I was guessing I would say Sky will either have no limits or they will not be enforced.

rob808 wrote: »
    The usage meter still there im confuse with talking with Eir sales today.
    Yes, I would be suspicious once there is a meter. If there is no meter but a stated limit, I would relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sky's network won't facilitate you exceeding 1TB anyways :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sky (agents) have been telling potential FTTH customers (until not too recently at least) eir have exclusivity on the FTTH rollout and no one else can place an order for it except eir!
    Pity all the other providers missing out because of Sky

ED E wrote: »
    Sky's network won't facilitate you exceeding 1TB anyways :rolleyes:
    I'll get back to you on that one in September. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Sky (agents) have been telling potential FTTH customers (until not too recently at least) eir have exclusivity on the FTTH rollout and no one else can place an order for it except eir!
    Pity all the other providers missing out because of Sky

They really need to do something about misleading sales information like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

EdgeCase wrote: »
    They really need to do something about misleading sales information like that.

Well. Eir reps are also known for telling people the same myths.

The story just varies in the way, that Eir reps tell, that's it's exclusive for the first 12 months and you can only order through Eir until then.

Business must be tough when you have to resort to that sort of misinformation.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

KOR101 wrote: »
    Yes, I would be suspicious once there is a meter. If there is no meter but a stated limit, I would relax.
    The meter still there say product allowance unlimited but always said this and on my eir it show 209GB\ unlimited.Im waiting on call tomorrow to confirm if it unlimited or not i have the letter ready to cancel but not sure how this work does it cancel all my service or do i go back to my old contract.

I just look the product has to be broadband ultra 150mb and eir talk mine Eir extreme 150mb and Eir talk so look like im cancelling dam feck Eir screwed me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Having same issue in the Nenagh area re-forecast 4 times since may 4 failed installs since then with same issue no/low light at the DP. In the Islandbawn area in Nenagh.

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Having same issue in the Nenagh area re-forecast 4 times since may 4 failed installs since then with same issue no/low light at the DP. In the Islandbawn area in Nenagh.

Something seems to have gone badly wrong in Nenagh, at least in part of it. Do you know of anyone in Nenagh that has been successfully connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Something seems to have gone badly wrong in Nenagh, at least in part of it. Do you know of anyone in Nenagh that has been successfully connected?

We saw the same issues in Castlegregory a couple months ago. A day or two after the RFO date all lines went to no ports available. Took OpenEIR about 2 months to sort it out. If it's many, then the gear in the exchange probably failed it's tests.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    We saw the same issues in Castlegregory a couple months ago. A day or two after the RFO date all lines went to no ports available. Took OpenEIR about 2 months to sort it out. If it's many, then the gear in the exchange probably failed it's tests.

/M

I suspect something much worse happened here in Nenagh. My address was ready to order 12 months ago and there is still no light at the DP

• Advertisement

Marlow wrote: »

/M

OK gear fails but to repeatedly send out installers is just a joke. One poster has had four failures the other three. Mind boggling incompetence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement