Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir rural FTTH thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

I saw that. Still some hydrodare pipe lying there, and two other joints still undone.
    One lone KN van working on the DP halfway into town that had a roll of cable hanging off it some maybe they will get our road live sooner than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

Also for anyone who cares OpenEir was working on the R237, just before Newton and after Clonleigh Co-Op (Donegal, https://www.google.ie/maps/place/54°59'52.6"N+7°28'50.5"W/@54.99793,-7.4825428,17z/data). They say the fibre DP's are now live in that area after a splice was completed further up the road. Also called Eir sales 'A crowd of useless tramps'. Somebody was a grumpy network engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Speedtest tonight ......

7576189373.png

I look forward to an improvement very soon and will hopefully post a new test then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Speedtest tonight ......

7576189373.png

I look forward to an improvement very soon and will hopefully post a new test then.

Think of the other 32%

fritzelly wrote: »
    Think of the other 32%

I hope to join them soon :)

• Advertisement

You mean leaving them lol

I think you got it backwards lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

sounds like we are on the brink of FTTH in my area ... but a way to go yet .

Had an eir rep call to house and said the FTTH service was live and special offer of 99eur installation. - but my preferred provider of choice really is westnet in county mayo because they charge no installation fee or connect fee and the can install it ... when it goes live. I said to them that the rep said it was live (even though even now when I put my eircode into
    https://www.eir.ie/broadband/1000mb-fibre/ it says "not available - try one of our other packages" - namely 12mbps)

So westnet reckon we are on a APQ list or something ... but eir have listed the parent and node wrong and until it is sorted out properly they cannot arrang installation, they say they get an APQ list every tuesday and that if the error is corrected they will get in touch with me - we are listed as CNY/CNY when it should be RTD/CNY - so I am presuming the parent has to be Rathedmond (Sligo) and the node CNY ... but really its all over my headall this- I am just so eager to get FTTH finally installed , i dont really know 100% about all this APQ list and nodes and parent things.

Same eir guy knocked on my door tuesday and said the installation price goes up to 249euro on wednesday and I am just giving you a heads up , if you want to order today (tuesday) or wednesday I can do it for 99euro - told him about the crowd i wanted to go with and that they said it wasnt live/available and he checked my eircode and he said "your on my list as live - we are not allowed to go door to door selling unless the eircode address supplied is available for the property and he said your on my list of it being available now" - so i said what list is this? and he said its a special private list for installers and eir rep's

Ah well , I am sure we are just on the tip of getting FTTH installed - hopefully now within a couple of weeks I will be back saying its installed ... fingers crossed!

sounds like we are on the brink of FTTH in my area ... but a way to go yet .

Had an eir rep call to house and said the FTTH service was live and special offer of 99eur installation. - but my preferred provider of choice really is westnet in county mayo because they charge no installation fee or connect fee and the can install it ... when it goes live. I said to them that the rep said it was live (even though even now when I put my eircode into
    https://www.eir.ie/broadband/1000mb-fibre/ it says "not available - try one of our other packages" - namely 12mbps)

So westnet reckon we are on a APQ list or something ... but eir have listed the parent and node wrong and until it is sorted out properly they cannot arrang installation, they say they get an APQ list every tuesday and that if the error is corrected they will get in touch with me - we are listed as CNY/CNY when it should be RTD/CNY - so I am presuming the parent has to be Rathedmond (Sligo) and the node CNY ... but really its all over my headall this- I am just so eager to get FTTH finally installed , i dont really know 100% about all this APQ list and nodes and parent things.

Same eir guy knocked on my door tuesday and said the installation price goes up to 249euro on wednesday and I am just giving you a heads up , if you want to order today (tuesday) or wednesday I can do it for 99euro - told him about the crowd i wanted to go with and that they said it wasnt live/available and he checked my eircode and he said "your on my list as live - we are not allowed to go door to door selling unless the eircode address supplied is available for the property and he said your on my list of it being available now" - so i said what list is this? and he said its a special private list for installers and eir rep's

Ah well , I am sure we are just on the tip of getting FTTH installed - hopefully now within a couple of weeks I will be back saying its installed ... fingers crossed!

Have you checked https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail ? I think They updated it on Tuesday.

Lot of BS there
    The sales reps get a heads up about 4 weeks prior to a due live date then they sell you the moon
    There is no increase in the install charge (that I have heard) but there is now an activation charge (not much but its there)

• Advertisement

Speedtest tonight ......

7576189373.png

Think of the other 32%
    m99T wrote: »
    I think you got it backwards lmao

Hahahahahahaha

Yeah I sure did!

:D:D

Lot of BS there
    The sales reps get a heads about 4 weeks prior to a due live date then they sell you the moon
    There is no increase in the install charge (that I have heard) but there is now an activation charge (not much but its there)

Yeah got stuck with that (23 or 24 euro) today when I put an order through. Was a bit annoyed but honestly just wanted it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Same eir guy knocked on my door tuesday and said the installation price goes up to 249euro on wednesday and I am just giving you a heads up

The data Eir retail is using is generally out of date, so the rep that knocked on your door may have been working of a list BEFORE the problem was flagged.

Eirs normal installation fee is 250 EUR, but it used to be free and is now 99 EUR and has been for a while. Don't think they'll change that any time soon, as it would loose them A LOT of business. His carry on sounds like he's trying to bully you in signing up with Eir. Not a good way of getting sales.

And if it goes to 250 EUR, there's lots of providers that charge less than that.

I'd just sit tight until you get confirmation, that it's live.

/M

Have you checked https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail ? I think They updated it on Tuesday.

yep I checked it a couple of weeks back on the airwire site and it said FTTH availble after I put my eircode in - got all excited, sent them 2 emails and when didnt get a reply to email i asked them on twitter that because my emails had become ignored could i please send them a DM by twitter and that was ignored as well. In the emails though I did put about other providers saying it werent available ... but it showed on airwire as available .... and gues what now it says 'coming soon' when I put my eircode in now. - maybe they got confused when the APQ list said available , and then maybe re-checked with eir and maybe thats why its changed to 'coming soon' ?

All that happened there is Airwire were quick with the live data results (everyone else wasnt), OE realised it wasn't live and updated the APQ

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

sent them 2 emails and when didnt get a reply to email i asked them on twitter that because my emails had become ignored could i please send them a DM by twitter and that was ignored as well.

Hi,
    I replied to your mail on the 16.08. Have you checked your spam folder ?

We do not reply to Twitter messages. Twitter is only used as a means to communicate network status and updates to customers. Not to interact.

If you don't get a response to an email, you're always welcome to ring us on 091-395000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

yep I checked it a couple of weeks back on the airwire site and it said FTTH availble after I put my eircode in - got all excited, sent them 2 emails and when didnt get a reply to email i asked them on twitter that because my emails had become ignored could i please send them a DM by twitter and that was ignored as well. In the emails though I did put about other providers saying it werent available ... but it showed on airwire as available .... and gues what now it says 'coming soon' when I put my eircode in now. - maybe they got confused when the APQ list said available , and then maybe re-checked with eir and maybe thats why its changed to 'coming soon' ?

It is all the fault of Openeir. They are releasing data saying exchanges are available then doing a U-turn saying it's not available. The ISPs can only go on what they are told.

Yeah possibly. I reckon Marlow has it on the head, that the fault was discovered and you were removed from the APQ list.

Strange about the emails going missing. Spam issue possibly?

But if you are really as excited about FTTH as myself the only thing I can recommend is call, call and call. Phone everyone. If you need a list of numbers i'll pass them over for direct lines to companies involved. If you keep pestering they usually escalate. At least they have for me.

Lot of BS there
    The sales reps get a heads up about 4 weeks prior to a due live date then they sell you the moon

so, you would have to pay 99eur installation charge and 23/24eur connection charge on top if you got it off eir now?

Maybe i'm getting confused then - maybe he was saying if I ordered tuesday or wednesday with him there was no connection charge , maybe thats what it was ... but convinced he mentioned "goes back up to 249euro" in our conversation

Yeah possibly. I reckon Marlow has it on the head, that the fault was discovered and you were removed from the APQ list. .

Marlow?

Nothing you can do really to escalate those issues - they will fix them when they fix them.

• Advertisement

so, you would have to pay 99eur installation charge and 23/24eur connection charge on top if you got it off eir now?

Maybe i'm getting confused then - maybe he was saying if I ordered tuesday or wednesday with him there was no connection charge , maybe thats what it was ... but convinced he mentioned "goes back up to 249euro" in our conversation

I ordered today and was charged 120 something euro. I'd say you'd be stuck with that, but was told nothing about an increasing install fee. The 23/4 was connection.

Depends what you are ordering as to what the activation charge is - cannot remember all the figures.

Marlow?

This:
    Marlow wrote: »
    The data Eir retail is using is generally out of date, so the rep that knocked on your door may have been working of a list BEFORE the problem was flagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I ordered today and was charged 120 something euro. I'd say you'd be stuck with that, but was told nothing about an increasing install fee. The 23/4 was connection.

"One off bundle activation fee" @ €29.99 now on

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/1000mb-fibre/

As far as I'm aware they work off due live dates - they are not going around places that are already live or marked live

Getting really shady now. I only know of one other (regional) ISP that does that.

/M

That's the one. Funny I thought mine was a little less than that. I'll have to check the bill.

I think tv is either 5 or 10 on top of that.

As far as I'm aware they work off due live dates - they are not going around places that are already live or marked live

The Coollooney sub-exchange went live 8.8., so maybe they fell behind. Some sales guys are persistent.

/M

• Advertisement

Marlow wrote: »
    The Coollooney sub-exchange went live 8.8., so maybe they fell behind.

/M

Maybe but generally they are knocking the doors before it's available but they are canvassing areas (I think they've started) to go in competition with VM where it is already live (and no issues with it being live). Offering free connection or 300mb for the price of 150mb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement