Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundrum parking

• 11-05-2018 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

I have just started a job beside the Dundrum shopping centre. I will be parking 5hrs 5-6 days a week.

I've parked in the shopping centre and it cost 9 euro for 5hrs.

I've parked in the balally luas park and ride. That cost 5 euro for the 5hrs. However only once have I been able to find a space here.

I've no direct bus or luas line.

With school runs, I am tight on time.

Does anyone know of some alternative parking near by?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Sandyford luas is 4 quid for a day. Only 2 stops away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hi guys,

I have just started a job beside the Dundrum shopping centre. I will be parking 5hrs 5-6 days a week.....

With school runs, I am tight on time.
    =!

Where are you coming in from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You kinda do, since the Luas goes right to Dundrum. Instead of driving to Dundrum drive to somewhere on the Luas line further out that has easier and cheaper parking, and then get the Luas the rest of the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they said they've no *direct* bus or luas - which i assume means one they can get without using the car; getting the luas will add a minimum of €3 per day so you're back up to €7 for park and ride, and that could be a longer drive to go to sandyford too anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The Luas park and ride facilties are restricted to Luas passengers for obvious reasons:

https://www.luas.ie/car-parking/

"You must have a valid Luas ticket on the day you park. An additional charge will occur if you do not have a valid Luas ticket when you leave the car park. "

I've no idea how or if they enforce it, but you could well be exposing yourself to extra charges.

I don't mean to be harsh, but did you not consider parking when making the decision about taking the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ICanHelpYou

Thanks for your comments.

Unfortunately, parking at other luas stops would just end up costing me more time and money.

The Luas park and ride facilties are restricted to Luas passengers for obvious reasons:

"You must have a valid Luas ticket on the day you park. An additional charge will occur if you do not have a valid Luas ticket when you leave the car park. "

I've no idea how or if they enforce it, but you could well be exposing yourself to extra charges.

I don't mean to be harsh, but did you not consider parking when making the decision about taking the job?

Naively, I didn't Check the parking situation 😕

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Where are you driving from?

I'm driving from Walkinstown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is cycling an option? less than half an hour on the bike and it's a fairly straight run from walkinstown roundabout to dundrum.
    or else the 17 bus, depending where you're living in walkinstown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm driving from Walkinstown.

Route's 14 and 17 gets you to Dundrum at the Taney Road corner or the 75 gets you to the Shopping centre itself. There will be a lot of free on street parking close by to routes depending on how far you want to drive to leave your car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If you are on the Drimnagh side of Walkinstown, you could walk to the red Luas, and head into town and back out to Dundrum on the green Luas. It could take a while, maybe 40-60 minutes, but it would be fairly stress free.

A travel pass through your employer would minimise the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Are you working for a company associated with the town centre in some way? Because there is a staff car park behind the old Mulveys shop of main street that offers cheaper rates.

I think the parking at the old shopping centre car park may be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Staff Parking was introduced last year, it's €35 per week for 5 days. Not sure about availability, check with your employer or the information desk.

Thanks guys. I will ask at the desk tomorrow. I will update then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Shopping centre Car park with the entrance next to the church on the main Street in dundrum is 7 euro for the day take ticket on entry and pay by machine with cash or card. Exit is out onto the Dundrum bypass.

Asked at reception in Dundrum but no staff parking or discount rates.

7 euro parking option might be the best for me but will test it tomorrow.

Advertisement