Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

producing P45 - issue - help!

• 11-05-2018 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me with my query.
    The leaver in our company has the last pay in April - only arrears paid for remaining holidays. There was also outstanding balance of travel card to be paid back by the employee. I was suggested to deduct employee with travel card remaining balance, although the pay was lower than deduction - I was told that refund of tax will give her positive net pay anyway and that was true. after the fact I noticed that the system didn't apply insurable weeks to the last payslip.
    What's worse - when I was to submit P45 to Revenue, I noticed that amount of PRSI paid this year=0 (not true!) and there is 0 insurable weeks on P45 (March payslip shows 13 weeks in total in 2018)!!!

I rewinded the period and tried to put 1 insurable week to the last payslip in April, but I just can't - there's still message that 'insurable weeks are reduced to 0'.
    I found a reason while checking different pay options - system does not apply ins.weeks when pay is lower than deduction (logically..) - but what I can/should do now to have P45 correct??? I can't wait any longer, please anyone has any idea?

Thanks,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

The fastest way is either or both contact your payroll software provider and/or Revenue about the issue

Advertisement