Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/4332010/niel-oriordan-fai-noel-mooney/

"And, finally, there was Jonathan Roche of Shamrock Rovers, who have enjoyed better relations than most with the FAI and were previously labelled a ‘model club’ by FAI director of competitions Fran Gavin."
    Must be true when Fran says so......may also explain the silence over the last few months.

"When Gavin said at an earlier, private session that no club was currently owed money by the FAI, this was immediately disputed by one of the Dundalk delegates." Dundalk at it again and taking the credit for others standing up to the FAI...must have been another club and the journalist reported wrongly.

"When Lucid mentioned a TV deal worth €1.5m, Mooney interjected to say that €2m was realistic." Mooney will have to also join D14s public speaking course and learn something about Irish business. Or is it OK for him to say it as he isnt a Dundalk rep???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Stupid from Kearns and stupid from Pender. It just escalates from there really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Awful stuff from Bohs, no need for it. And with all the comments from Bohs fans regarding Kearns, if he'd been in a Bohs shirt he'd be considered a hero.
    https://twitter.com/SoccRepublic/status/1151084523855237125?s=19

Jesus from the Bohs reaction I thought he had sprinted from his goal, done a knee slide, stole a flag, set fire to it then pissed on it to put it out. All his did was raise his hands hardly worthy of the reaction.

Wasn’t at the match so maybe it built up to boiling point at end but looking at clip players escalated that into something it didn’t need to be

Pity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rebranding from St Pauli to Milwall was certainly an out of the blue shout.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

major bill wrote: »
    Wasn’t at the match so maybe it built up to boiling point at end but looking at clip players escalated that into something it didn’t need to be

Pity!

Wasn't at it myself but apparently the frustration built up from Kearns time wasting and play acting from the 9th minute (which the ref allowed him to do), then he goes over and goads the Bohs fans at the end.

Pity, overshadows a great win for them and LOI in the headlines for the wrong reasons much to the delight of the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Shockin so it was Joe............ drinks on the house for Kearnsie in de Glenmalure suite Thursday night, bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/4332010/niel-oriordan-fai-noel-mooney/

"And, finally, there was Jonathan Roche of Shamrock Rovers, who have enjoyed better relations than most with the FAI and were previously labelled a ‘model club’ by FAI director of competitions Fran Gavin."
    Must be true when Fran says so......may also explain the silence over the last few months.

"When Gavin said at an earlier, private session that no club was currently owed money by the FAI, this was immediately disputed by one of the Dundalk delegates." Dundalk at it again and taking the credit for others standing up to the FAI...must have been another club and the journalist reported wrongly.

"When Lucid mentioned a TV deal worth €1.5m, Mooney interjected to say that €2m was realistic." Mooney will have to also join D14s public speaking course and learn something about Irish business. Or is it OK for him to say it as he isnt a Dundalk rep???

Cop on and grow up would you
    Apparently Keith Ward stabbed Kearns 14 times.

Amazing how quickly RTE are to cover the league when something like this happens, on the front page of their website.

You really going to play that card? Really?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You really going to play that card? Really?

What card? The storm in a teacup card? It's a nothing event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Wasn't at it myself but apparently the frustration built up from Kearns time wasting and play acting from the 9th minute (which the ref allowed him to do), then he goes over and goads the Bohs fans at the end.

Pity, overshadows a great win for them and LOI in the headlines for the wrong reasons much to the delight of the media.
    Yeah it's all Kearns' fault. It really overshadows the win alright...

Imagine, a goalkeeper wasting time in a game they're winning when they're fighting against relegation, shock! :eek:

Kearns "goading" Bohs fans, you mean raising his arms aloft for 2 seconds in front of the away section after he was getting stick off them for the game. If you can give it, take it and grow up.

Throwing bottles, trying to attack players running off the pitch, Bohs players pulling at Kearns hair and gouging his eyes. Wake up will you, the reason the LOI is in the headlines today is because Bohs players and fans lost the run of themselves. The idiot that attempted to catch Kearns and then started pushing stewards doing their jobs should receive a ban and apparently it's not the first time he's caused hassle.

What a strange view to take on the incidents, oh god no, the meeja.

Yeah it's all Kearns' fault. It really overshadows the win alright...

Imagine, a goalkeeper wasting time in a game they're winning when they're fighting against relegation, shock! :eek:

Kearns "goading" Bohs fans, you mean raising his arms aloft for 2 seconds in front of the away section after he was getting stick off them for the game. If you can give it, take it and grow up.

Throwing bottles, trying to attack players running off the pitch, Bohs players pulling at Kearns hair and gouging his eyes. Wake up will you, the reason the LOI is in the headlines today is because of Bohs players and fans lost the run of themselves. The idiot that attempted to catch Kearns and then started pushing stewards doing their jobs should receive a ban and apparently it's not the first time he's caused hassle.

What a strange view to take on the incidents, oh god no, the meeja.

No one covers themselves in glory, certainly not some of the Bohs fans, but that game could have been 6-6 with 5 yellow cards, and Soccer Republic would have 20 second clip of it, and 2 minutes on the melee,

It's not the first time something like this has happened in the league and won't be the last.

What's very frustrating for fans of the league like me is the media jump all over it, and ignore everything good happening in the league. You're talking about 30 seconds of madness and it's all over official social media accounts.

• Advertisement

What card? The storm in a teacup card? It's a nothing event.

The make up something outlandish to try deflect from a dirty ****er being an outright ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Bohs were happy enough time wasting from the 3rd minute against Dundalk back in May. Talbot eventually booked for it in injury time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dan1895 wrote: »
    This. They love dishing it out but can't take it when it's thrown back at them.

This is largely it. It's no big deal to be wound up by opposition, all club's fans are...

But this set of Bohs players love to do it themselves..
    Awful stuff from Bohs, no need for it. James Talbot, who is the most likely of the whole lot of them to do what Kearns did himself, has a right go at him as does Derek Pender.
    And with all the comments from Bohs fans regarding Kearns, if he'd been in a Bohs shirt he'd be considered a hero.

Talbot, Pender (you think at his age he'd have more sense), Ward, Buckley, all too happy to do it themselves..

Pity!

Overshadows it for UCD? It wasn’t their players and fans acting terribly. They don’t have any fans.

A player timewasted, like a million other times in footballing history. Made a little gesture at the final whistle to fans who had been giving him grief. Everything after that is much worse and on Bohs and Bohs alone.

Football fans been fickle shocker!!

Its a no brainer that as posted if you give it you gotta take it, for years I got great laugh of Bohs abusing hooperman all game to get pissed off when he gives it back, but thats not just Bohs its football fans throughout the world, sensitive bunch in general.

Bohs fans are no angels we have an element but thankfully its our onfield and community efforts over the past few years that have given the club some good publicity. not one Bohs fan can condone that behaviour and I suspect the club will do something about it.

It's a pity it happened but do think the media are very quick to jump on the negativity surrounding the league! **** goes on in England all the time but the media focuses on the positive aspects of the Leagues.

CSF wrote: »
    Overshadows it for UCD? It wasn’t their players and fans acting terribly. They don’t have any fans.

A player timewasted, like a million other times in footballing history. Made a little gesture at the final whistle to fans who had been giving him grief. Everything after that is much worse and on Bohs and Bohs alone.

That's the thing, Soccer Republic have their headline on the melee, not on UCDs excellent results. Obviously we shouldn't be given them reason for the headlines.

I'm not defending Bohs behaviour, I'm criticising RTE/Soccer Republic for their coverage of it. They have plenty of time for incidents like this seemingly and **** all for the rest as you will have seen if you watching the 30 minutes pre-recorded dirt that was broadcast last night and every Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Very sheltered lives some around here live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Bohs fans: Isn’t it great that Copa90 covered our derby with Rovers and showed what a passionate game it is and the passion in our club?

Also Bohs fans: How dare that UCD keeper show some passion and how dare RTÉ cover it!!!

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Bohs fans: Isn’t it great that Copa90 covered our derby with Rovers and showed what a passionate game it is and the passion in our club?

Also Bohs fans: How dare that UCD keeper show some passion and how dare RTcover it!!!

How can you even compare the two???

Copa 90 were an independent site that covered the derby all the positive aspects of the derby, not once did it delve into any of the ****e that follows it, was good PR for both clubs,

RTE are quick to put the boot in any chance they get, it was handbags very unnecessary but yet made a big deal out of it and not one Bohs fan on here has condoned it, they just pointing out how our national broadcaster are a disgrace for the way they jump on anything bad that happens.

I'd be saying the same it was Rovers or Dundalk last night.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

That's the thing, Soccer Republic have their headline on the melee, not on UCDs excellent results. Obviously we shouldn't be given them reason for the headlines.

I'm not defending Bohs behaviour, I'm criticising RTE/Soccer Republic for their coverage of it. They have plenty of time for incidents like this seemingly and **** all for the rest as you will have seen if you watching the 30 minutes pre-recorded dirt that was broadcast last night and every Monday.
    Ok, so Bohs are kind of the problem, but not really. Mostly it’s the UCD keeper and RTE. Got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

How can you even compare the two???

Copa 90 were an independent site that covered the derby all the positive aspects of the derby, not once did it delve into any of the ****e that follows it, was good PR for both clubs,

RTE are quick to put the boot in any chance they get, it was handbags very unnecessary but yet made a big deal out of it and not one Bohs fan on here has condoned it, they just pointing out how our national broadcaster are a disgrace for the way they jump on anything bad that happens.

I'd be saying the same it was Rovers or Dundalk last night.

Too much publicity about a handbags incident really. Its been way overblown tbh. Nothing really happened.

The win for UCD is huge for them and it was a cracking strike to win the game which is being overshadowed by a scuffle between players and one fan acting like a clown.

Bohs need a striker in pretty quickly. Its the best performance I have seen of Kearns this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Obviously most dundalk fans here won't agree given their track record but Treacy seems to be trying to position himself as being the only one trying to do good for the league and talking down anyone else that tries to speak up with a proposal to help the league. Not really helpful behaviour.
    https://twitter.com/MikeTreacy/status/1142453006522175488?s=09

That's the most notable one but I think I remember more just can't bear to scroll through any more of his American /Dundalk self congratulatory ****e
    So you think it's an acceptable standard to have for us to think it's okay for club owners to jump down the throat of someone that is trying their best to help the league based on the headline of a tweet without even reading the article that headline is pulled from even though it is in the very same tweet? I just think we should hold people in power to higher standards than that but maybe you lot think different up in Dundalk.
    I agree with the amount being low.
    I disagree with someone completely dismissing it because they're too lazy to read into the background, it's lazy, ignorant and arrogant. If he thinks the amount is low he has all the avenues to say that directly to the person instead of just saying it in public to almost seek out the approving replies of his loyal followers which is what he did, he just played to his crowd and didn't do what someone that has the best interests of the league should do and take emotion out of it and just look at the facts.

Are you or are you not the one who very quickly shot down Treacy for ruling out the 1 million on offer??

"I disagree with someone completely dismissing it because they're too lazy to read into the background, it's lazy, ignorant and arrogant."

As for such a statement....about a man who runs a professional club, had a say on the board of a Premier League club up to recently.......you must be JD or one of his mates. Only they would come out with so much tripe....

Dont hear you shouting about Mooney doing the same, pushed publically for 2million.... Surely as a person of power he should be held responsible (your words).....but then again you have no chip on your shoulder towards the FAI wink.png
    And that from a...

Bohs were the cause of the incident here no one is disputing that. I never blamed UCD, I just stated that the keeper was time wasting etc. You can explain why something happened without condoning the reaction or blaming the other party you know.

Are you happy with RTE's coverage of the LOI? Is this headline news? Match report is buried on the site and this is front and centre along with Lampard being happy with his youngsters and Lindelof not going to Barcelona.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, it's just to highlight the nature of RTE's coverage of our league, they can't wait to publish negative stories front and centre and simple match reports appear two days after games have been played buried deep in the bowels of their website.

Not normally one to defend RTE but in fairness to them they didn't mention it in the match report and they put the goal out first, not their fault that the fight is what got traction.

Edit: hadn't looked at their website, yeah that's poor from them too.

Are you or are you not the one who very quickly shot down Treacy for ruling out the 1 million on offer??

"I disagree with someone completely dismissing it because they're too lazy to read into the background, it's lazy, ignorant and arrogant."

As for such a statement....about a man who runs a professional club, had a say on the board of a Premier League club up to recently.......you must be JD or one of his mates. Only they would come out with so much tripe....

Dont hear you shouting about Mooney doing the same, pushed publically for 2million.... Surely as a person of power he should be held responsible (your words).....but then again you have no chip on your shoulder towards the FAI wink.png

And that from a...

Mooney as much as I am skeptical of him said exactly what Treacy should have, that the offer is good but we can do better.
    Treacy said "no not good enough"
    Mooney said "I think we can do better"
    They are completely different ways to approach it, how is that a hard concept to grasp?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

amcalester wrote: »
    Bohs were happy enough time wasting from the 3rd minute against Dundalk back in May. Talbot eventually booked for it in injury time.

Kearns did nothing every keeper doesn’t do when it suits. Bohs scored early in Oriel and spent the rest of the match wasting time. Talbot took it to the absolute limit that night and got booked. (Along with 7 other bohs players.)

FWIW Rogers does it too, same as every goalie. Maybe not as often or as blatant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Guaranteed the next time Bohemians face UCD both the Bohemians players and fans are going to treat it like el classico and over-celebrate it to "show UCD".
    Heard it here first.

Guaranteed the next time Bohemians face UCD both the Bohemians players and fans are going to treat it like el classico and over-celebrate it to "show UCD".
    Heard it here first.

Too right, the real Dublin derby. Bohs casuals will be running around the NCR looking for UCD fans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Can never understand some football fans. 90 minutes spent hurling abuse at a player and when that player responds in some way, they lose their sh!t.
    How pathetic must your life be if a player celebrating makes you want to attack him.

Too right, the real Dublin derby. Bohs casuals will be running around the NCR looking for UCD fans.
    I wasn't implying that, but considering two fans ran around the bowl looking for UCD players then maybe you're right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Kearns seemed delighted with himself with the McGregor walk up the steps.

I think majority of hardcore away fans in the league would have responded in the same way tbh not that it is right.
    Celebrating like that to the away fans while you will have to walk past them is not a good idea.

MD1990 wrote: »

I think majority of hardcore away fans in the league would have responded in the same way tbh not that it is right.
    Celebrating like that to the away fans while you will have to walk past them is not a good idea.

He just put on a man of the match performance and won the game against the rivals of his boyhood club and managed to piss off all their fans and players doing sweet **** all of course he's going to be delighted with himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The majority of away fans in the league would not have tried to attack him.

Give it over. :rolleyes:

Remember that time Eoghan Stokes scored a 90th minute equaliser for Bohs against Limerick, began running for the one side of the field and then changes direction so he could knee slide in front of the main stand?
    https://youtu.be/J1WgHVK3_zA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Exactly how dare Conor Kearns have the audacity in this 2019 PC-era to celebrate winning a game of football to upset those hardcore away fan snowflakes

Thankfully there was LOI veterans like Derek Pender and Keith Buckley on the spot to show Conor Kearns how to calm the "situation" down by demonstrating The People's Club trademark values such as dignity and respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Remember that time Eoghan Stokes scored a 90th minute equaliser for Bohs against Limerick, began running for the one side of the field and then changes direction so he could knee slide in front of the main stand?
    https://youtu.be/J1WgHVK3_zA

That's the last time there's been over a thousand home fans at Limerick match, think the attendance was somewhere around 2300 with a good Bohs crowd. Only other match to reach over a thousand was Cork a few weeks later, their away support brought it over the thousand mark while the rearranged Rovers match just fell short of a four figure attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Exactly how dare Conor Kearns have the audacity in this 2019 PC-era to celebrate winning a game of football to upset those hardcore away fan snowflakes

Thankfully there was LOI veterans like Derek Pender and Keith Buckley on the spot to show Conor Kearns how to calm the "situation" down by demonstrating The People's Club trademark values such as dignity and respect

Lots of away fans are like that towards opposition players.

Kearns has made plenty of mistakes this season although he was good last night by all accounts.

Be interesting how he plays against Bohs at Dalymount in August.
    Test of his temperment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kearns and Pender both picked up a one match ban for their antics last night.

David McMillan is a triallist for Longford Town tonight in a friendly against Warrenpoint Town.
    I am not joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

David McMillan is a triallist for Longford Town tonight in a friendly against Warrenpoint Town.
    I am not joking.

Surely he could still do a job for Dundalk, and offer them a different option to Hoban up top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Surely he could still do a job for Dundalk, and offer them a different option to Hoban up top

Or Rovers or Bohs who are crying out for a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

McMillan on the bench for St. Johnstone and lining out for Longford at the same time! Some going for a Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Or Rovers or Bohs who are crying out for a striker

Strange one, maybe he wants to go Part Time as I know he had a job and a degree in architecture but surely Bohs, Shels or even Cabinteely would be better options unless he is not Dublin based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

McMillan on the bench for St. Johnstone and lining out for Longford at the same time! Some going for a Tuesday evening.

He's actually just come on for St.Johnstone... even better going!

https://twitter.com/sjfcnews/status/1151223979354382336

Jesus I was told by a Longford Town fan he was!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Jesus I was told by a Longford Town fan he was!

Sure....:pac:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Sure....:pac:
    This guy went around telling everybody he was!
    https://twitter.com/KieranBTS/status/1151228856403136512?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's been a bad few weeks for LOI Twitter stories :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I am not joking.

Would have been fun though

https://youtu.be/rrLSwkv78cI

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement