Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Jesus I was told by a Longford Town fan he was!

Usually good to post the Twitter links were the info is coming from to cover your back when it's BS :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I'm surprised that in the midst of all the handwringing, crying and general holier than thou garbage that has been put up so far, nobody has mentioned that Kearns and his family are well-known to be Rovers fans, so it's fairly obvious that the time wasting, gestures, and overall swagger after the game (not to mention his social media antics) went beyond generic underdog time wasting and mild wind-up. Kearns' celebration was over the top, and the reaction from the away section was over the top. So it's one and the same - quite clearly Bohs are able to take it, but when taken it will be dished back out in spades, the players have a bit of spirit about them and won't have anyone go over the top in taking the p*ss.

Ronan Finn, who is utterly appalling as a captain and never has any sort of impacts in big games, probably wouldn't have got stuck in like Pender did, loads of other captains would though...

Kearns is squarely to blame for why social media isn't watching videos of the absolute cracking goal that Mahdy scored, and sharing it thousands of times. Instead everyone banging on like owl ones over a bit of handbags in the stands. I'd say Mahdy and the rest of the players are thinking Kearns is a bit of a self-absorbed pr*ck taking away from their best result of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Bateman wrote: »
    I'm surprised that in the midst of all the handwringing, crying and general holier than thou garbage that has been put up so far, nobody has mentioned that Kearns and his family are well-known to be Rovers fans, so it's fairly obvious that the time wasting, gestures, and overall swagger after the game (not to mention his social media antics) went beyond generic underdog time wasting and mild wind-up. Kearns' celebration was over the top, and the reaction from the away section was over the top. So it's one and the same - quite clearly Bohs are able to take it, but when taken it will be dished back out in spades, the players have a bit of spirit about them and won't have anyone go over the top in taking the p*ss.

Ronan Finn, who is utterly appalling as a captain and never has any sort of impacts in big games, probably wouldn't have got stuck in like Pender did, loads of other captains would though...

Kearns is squarely to blame for why social media isn't watching videos of the absolute cracking goal that Mahdy scored, and sharing it thousands of times. Instead everyone banging on like owl ones over a bit of handbags in the stands. I'd say Mahdy and the rest of the players are thinking Kearns is a bit of a self-absorbed pr*ck taking away from their best result of the season.

You need a permit to fish here pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

This guy went around telling everybody he was!

He's a masssive spoofer in fairness, if he said the sky was blue i'd still go outside to double check.

Well known fact that he's full of crap (not you AG)

D14Rugby wrote: »
    You need a permit to fish here pal

Not a rod, just what a lot of people probably think if they're honest, but they'd rather come on social media and have a pop off Bohs, that's fine, I think Bohs will be absolutely fine even if a few bitter culchies decide they don't like them anymore and a couple of plastic bottles getting lobbed at someone somehow undoes all the great community work the club does...

Not a rod, just what a lot of people probably think if they're honest, but they'd rather come on social media and have a pop off Bohs, that's fine, I think Bohs will be absolutely fine even if a few bitter culchies decide they don't like them anymore and a couple of plastic bottles getting lobbed at someone somehow undoes all the great community work the club does...

Yeah yeah yeah. You're club embarrassed itself get over it

I think 3 pages of moaning by people who should have more important things to worry about suggests it's others who need to get over it.
    Obviously there has been a lot of pent-up anger at how well we're going this year both on and off the pitch, and that anger and jealousy needed a release valve. I'm glad we got it. I'm glad the inevitable defeat came against UCD, a team that can't overtake us for the European spot.

If it wasn't for a last-minute equaliser in the first leg of a European tie they could still lose on aggregate, that result would be the highlight of Rovers' season.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jay1988

I think 3 pages of moaning by people who should have more important things to worry about suggests it's others who need to get over it.
    Obviously there has been a lot of pent-up anger at how well we're going this year both on and off the pitch, and that anger and jealousy needed a release valve. I'm glad we got it. I'm glad the inevitable defeat came against UCD, a team that can't overtake us for the European spot.

If it wasn't for a last-minute equaliser in the first leg of a European tie they could still lose on aggregate, that result would be the highlight of Rovers' season.

Jealous of Bohs? Alright mate if that makes you feel better fair enough, gave me a great laugh though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Lads Bohs was yesterday, Oriel Park was the day before, Cork finances the day before that.

Can we stick to the schedule please. Today is "Trying to get parking around Richmond Park"

• Advertisement

Lads Bohs was yesterday, Oriel Park was the day before, Cork finances the day before that.

Can we stick to the schedule please. Today is "Trying to get parking around Richmond Park"

Who drives to Richmond Park? Parking in Inchicore in general isn't great, Luas all the way, or at least park and ride.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I walk from town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So a goalkeeper time wasting and celebrating is the same as supporters throwing stuff onto the pitch and trying to attack said goalkeeper.

Guess you learn something new every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

It was kind of touched on on LOI Weekly that Dundalk's season will be judged on European performances regardless of how well they do domestically. You even look at last year and how well they did, but people still remember the Larnaca and Cobh games too.
    Best of luck to them because if they can get far in the Champions League it'll help their chances in the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I can understand why Shells fans are worried about the community work Bohs are doing, still fun seeing the little digs at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

It was kind of touched on on LOI Weekly that Dundalk's season will be judged on European performances regardless of how well they do domestically. You even look at last year and how well they did, but people still remember the Larnaca and Cobh games too.
    Best of luck to them because if they can get far in the Champions League it'll help their chances in the Europa.

Yeah, third place in the Champions League group and we'll drop into the Europa for after Christmas :D

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    So a goalkeeper time wasting and celebrating is the same as supporters throwing stuff onto the pitch and trying to attack said goalkeeper.

Considering Bohs fans reaction and justification of it all I'm surprised Ger Doherty never caused a full blown riot while at Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Breaking with getting to Richmond (when is that anyway, pats match on 26th rescheduled?)

Rovers, Pats and City would have the same away experiences this year,

Can easily see how the Euro money is not all profit

Glimpse of the away euro trips

https://youtu.be/WcsvfvCGzqY

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Considering Bohs fans reaction and justification of it all I'm surprised Ger Doherty never caused a full blown riot while at Derry

Who's justifying it?

Saying "Bohs fans reacted because Kearns wound them up" is not justifying. It's a root cause.

If you are investigating any incident from a subjective point of view, you've to look at all the factors involved.

If I were investigation this incident I would put down the keepers actions as one of the causes of the incident.

Who's justifying it?

Saying "Bohs fans reacted because Kearns wound them up" is not justifying. It's a root cause.

If you are investigating any incident from a subjective point of view, you've to look at all the factors involved.

If I were investigation this incident I would put down the keepers actions as one of the causes of the incident.

Justifying that reaction with that action is laughable, he time wasted and put his arms in the air in front of people that had been abusing him all night, no sane person would react like the Bohs fans, Pender or Buckley did. Ridiculously out of proportion.

No sane person would support a LOI team...

• Advertisement

"Proportion" yeah, like eye gouging and stamping in rugby. **** happens, get over it

"Proportion" yeah, like eye gouging and stamping in rugby. **** happens, get over it

First off quoting proportion by itself makes no sense. Second in rugby Buckley would be looking at at least a 4 game ban. **** happens, but ***** that do the **** should be punished. In any sport eye gouging is punished harshly and for good reason. Putting your fingers in someone's eye is the lowest of the low.

Ger Doherty got plenty of abuse over the years, don't worry about that son

Bulfin Rd or the roads off it are safe enough for parking in Inchicore (in case that wasn't a windup)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Not only that, but said goalkeeper is also to blame for those supporters' actions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bulfin Rd or the roads off it are safe enough for parking in Inchicore (in case that wasn't a windup)

Good luck getting parking there on a non-match night nevermind a match night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Good luck getting parking there on a non-match night nevermind a match night.

You can park on Vincent Street West but be warned your car may not be the same when you come back after the match as it was when you parked it there.

The area behind Michael's Church was the better spot but that might have changed since Richmond Barracks has opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

According to Dan Mc Donnell Duffy missing for Dundalk tonight. Huge loss bit hopefully whoever comes in can play well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ger Doherty got plenty of abuse over the years, don't worry about that son
    Literally never seen you on here before and you arrive in with a massive chip on your shoulder to stir a load of sh*t, tell everyone their crybabies and somehow manage to start throwing digs at Rovers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

What channel is the dundalk game on guys ? My limited tv guide says it is not on eir sports at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

davycc wrote: »
    What channel is the dundalk game on guys ? My limited tv guide says it is not on eir sports at all..

Apparently Eir Sports 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

davycc wrote: »

https://www.eirsport.ie/tv-guides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

bohsman wrote: »
    I can understand why Shells fans are worried about the community work Bohs are doing, still fun seeing the little digs at every opportunity.

Yeh, employing a convicted rapist and then your fans hero worship him.

Great way to integrate with the community all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

You must be horrified at the work the club do in Mountjoy then.

bohsman wrote: »
    You must be horrified at the work the club do in Mountjoy then.

Is the Unabomber in Mountjoy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

You really have a massive chip on your shoulder about Bohs it's embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

FFS are we still all on about UCD vs Bohs?! Here's what happened (I was at it, btw). Kearns was allowed to get away with time-wasting all night. He was finally booked in the last minute for it. I don't blame Conor Kearns for that. Why would he stop if he's getting away with it? The ref should have warned him once about it and booked him if he kept it up. The ref didn't bother doing it so Kearns rightly rode his luck and it paid off for him. If it was my keeper doing it against supposed better opposition, I'd be delighted. My keeper has done it, in fact.

He wasn't abused all night at all. A few eejits were shouting at him as the teams went off at half time and as they came back on. Big deal. That hardly constitutes a war crime. He was smirking to himself at the time. The teams enter and exit the pitch right beside the away fans. Full time came and he lorded it over us. Sure look, if you can't celebrate a win, why bother playing. I think he did probably do it to the more vocal element of our crowd on purpose and then a few fcuking eejits reacted like children. Throwing anything is wrong. Anyone saying our fans hopped the railings to get to him needs to phrase it more truthfully, it was one arsehole. One. Same arsehole that has been in trouble before on Bohs away trips and is a scumbag to be very honest. He was photographed. Up to the club to ban him. It was one prick though. There was also an older man there who wouldn't leave as he was begging and pleading with fans to just exit the ground, citing fines and bad publicity. That man was brilliant and plenty listened to him.

Pender got involved as captain and picked up a sending off for his troubles. He'll need to ask himself was it worth it as he now misses a crucial crunch with Pats while we've a minimal squad. The melee was mostly handbags although I did see the hair-pulling and that's just bitch behavior. I'd be embarrassed by that.

Zebra3, you're on about Akinade being praised by the fans. There was a hell of a lot of people who hated having him there too. Really and truly were angered by it and appalled by his signing. Bohs have done brilliant work in the last few years and it's been reflected positively for the most part.

UCD deserved their win and have been on good form. Fair play to them. Conor Kearns played the system and played it well. A handful of eejits let themselves down by throwing plastic bottles. One fcuk-wit hopped a barrier and should be banned. That's the whole lot really. Dundalk are playing tonight, should be the big story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Any news on whether Michael Duffy is going to make it over in time? I imagine it'll be kept hush hush until before the game anyway, no point in giving anything away to Riga

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Duffy, for God's sake man..

• Advertisement

Any news on whether Michael Duffy is going to make it over in time? I imagine it'll be kept hush hush until before the game anyway, no point in giving anything away to Riga

Just heard on the radio he is confirmed out.

Can't believe John Mountney's beautiful man-bun is gone. Sad times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Omackeral wrote: »
    Can't believe John Mountney's beautiful man-bun is gone. Sad times.

He probably saw Ronan Coughlans on Saturday night and decided he didn't want to be 2nd best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone showing the Dundalk game?

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone showing the Dundalk game?

It's on eir sport 1.

Dundalk should be ahead IMO. McEleney is bossing the game. Half time and scoreless though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Dundalk dominating possession , will only have themselves to blame if they don't win this one.

• Advertisement

Refs a soft ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nervy stuff. Could be looking at pens

Kills me how cheaply Irish sides in Europe give the ball away

major bill wrote: »

Really has been the story of the tie tonight.

Omackeral wrote: »
    major bill wrote: »

Really has been the story of the tie tonight.

Getting flashbacks of Shels v Hibernians here although that particular last min defeat was in Tolka

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement