Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I see Dylan Connolly is selling fags wholesale online now, interesting career move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

NIMAN wrote: »
    What are we called?

(ban for 1st person to say Dirty Northern *******)

Strokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

What are we called?

The tangarine bhoys

I see Dylan Connolly is selling fags wholesale online now, interesting career move.

Well he's been masquerading as a footballer these last 12 months, maybe he fancies himself more as a sales man these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Pats, Shams and Bohs seem to me to be perfectly acceptable. I wouldn't think any of them are derogatory terms.

The Shams programme editor does seem to be getting a bit over sensitive about what was written in the Pats programme, maybe better if he'd ignored it.

I remember going up to Shels for the last match in 2011 when their programme seemed to be taking the p1ss out of City's name at the time (Cork City FORAS Co-Op). We had the last laugh that night though, thanks to Graham Cummins' 94th minute winner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

He’s did ok in recent matches. Laid on an open goal for Hoban against Waterford.

Derry = Candystripes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Lot better than what I call Rovers:

F****** ****** *****
    W**** **** *****
    A***** ***** *****
    ****holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We tend to refer to Derry as the drummers.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Connolly seems a very naive individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There was a Connolly interview done a few months ago and the headline was something like ''People love to hate me''.

That's all I read and all I know about him but it's enough. I can tell he's a knob.

Any link to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

joeysoap wrote: »
    Any link to this?

DM him if your looking for some smokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

sugarman wrote: »
    Off his Instagram

Misread the original post as ''Dylan Connolly is selling flags now wholesale''.

I thought that was an interesting business. Perhaps there is a big market for flags I wasn't aware of.

Now it makes more sense, but it took me far too long to cop on. I thought he was selling cigarettes as well as flags. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Oat23 wrote: »

#metoo

(wonder has he any unfiltered Camel)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

What are we called?

Pretty sure we're the Candystripes.

Harps however......

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Off his Instagram

Might have fallen off a truck near Jonesboro. Don’t see any signs of Irish duty paid on them

Anyway, don’t you need a license to sell tobacco?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Paul Osam used to fill up the cigarette machines in pubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I thought that was an interesting business. Perhaps there is a big market for flags I wasn't aware of.

Now it makes more sense, but it took me far too long to cop on. I thought he was selling cigarettes as well as flags. :o

He'll be making a play for the diesel trade next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shams not happy about being called Shams.

The state of that from Pat’s given that they claim they won a league title when they finished third. :rolleyes:

https://www.stpatsfc.com/honours.php

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The state of that from Pat’s given that they claim they won a league title when they finished third. :rolleyes:

https://www.stpatsfc.com/honours.php

Yep, Shels are the official winners in 2001/2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Paul Osam used to fill up the cigarette machines in pubs?

And sell soup in Dalymount

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

AGC wrote: »
    And sell soup in Dalymount

Paul Osam, Rocketman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

What are the rumours around Bray? See something being mentioned on the awful LOI banter page on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Raoul wrote: »
    What are the rumours around Bray? See something being mentioned on the awful LOI banter page on facebook.

It has started. Players didn't get paid this month yet as expected. Have been told it will be sorted by end of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It stemmed from the list of injuries - but the majority of them were out on Monday and previous too that afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Rovers and Bohs sold out.......seems Bohs are losing money by not opening up more terrace on the awayside. There will be enough ngarda presence there anyway, and if the demand is there......The home stand has been sold out since yesterday...just looking not buying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

damemcd wrote: »
    Rovers and Bohs sold out.......seems Bohs are losing money by not opening up more terrace on the awayside. There will be enough ngarda presence there anyway, and if the demand is there......The home stand has been sold out since yesterday...just looking not buying....

Garda have the club by the balls, the restrictions in place for this game is a bit OTT.

major bill wrote: »
    Garda have the club by the balls, the restrictions in place for this game is a bit OTT.

By the balls and probably charging Bohs a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Is Bohs v Rovers on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Is Bohs v Rovers on tv
    no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

damemcd wrote: »

What terracing is this?

If you’re referring to the Connaught Street terrace/Shopping Centre End, the structure is unsafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

But sure as theyd on here it would only be the Shams supporters......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

If they are less safe than the Des Kelly they must be actual pits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

They could've showed Bohs and Rovers on telly now in all fairness. The TV coverage of the league is disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Dundalk and Waterford two up, Cork one up. Lots of goals to start the night!

Holyyy Athlone are one up v Longford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another beating on the cards for us tonight.

3 down at halftime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Jimmy Keohaaaaannnnee!!

• Advertisement

Huge goal for Rovers.

Bohs strike late again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Typical Shams.

Great away win for city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

paddy mccourt scored for finn harps, probably a beaut knowing him.

Great set of results for us in the 1st Div! Pity Athlone didn't hold on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Milena Bald Top

Sadliers second goal was a half volley inside his own half....cant wait to see the video

• Advertisement

There's only one Stephen Bradley.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Typical Shams.

Great away win for city.

You can’t say Shams. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Derry were very very poor tonight. 5 or 6 nil wouldn't have flattered the blues. Shocked a bit at how bad Derry were defensively, you'd pity the travelling fans that had a very long trip home after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry were very very poor tonight. 5 or 6 nil wouldn't have flattered the blues. Shocked a bit at how bad Derry were defensively, you'd pity the travelling fans that had a very long trip home after that.

We are entering a bit of a crisis at present.

Quite a few fans seem to be losing patience with Shiels, which is strange cos up until maybe 3 weeks ago you'd have said we were having a very good season

But it can all change very quickly in the football world. Ronan Curtis is on his way, we have been shown up against a few teams recently, shipped a lot of goals, some players seem to have dropped their heads, and a lot of players have left the club without much, or any, game time.

Difficult times for us unless KS can get some good quality players in and quickly. The Brandywell has been buzzing since the start of the season, but we are fickle in Derry and the crowds will soon drop of quickly if he doesn't stop the rot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/20957/league-report-st-patricks-athletic-1---3-cork-city/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I’ve never in my life read a more unprofessional and bitter match report. The writer is trying to be impartial but due to his lack of talent he cannot hide the fact he is a SPA fan.

Good win for CCFC last night. Big weekend next week taking on both Waterford and Derry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement