Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

bot43 wrote: »

You must have linked the wrong match report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You must have linked the wrong match report.

The only thing I'd say is that the report made it seem like Pats had mounting chances in the first half, they didn't. They hardly troubled the City defence at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Brave pricks. Hope he got in some offense if his own too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That's awful, hope they catch the scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

kksaints wrote: »

A disagrace.

Should send Stanley Aborah to sort out the scumbags who did this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Kieran Sadlier's 80 yard goal from inside his own box.

https://twitter.com/SSEAirtricityLg/status/1000780684934500352

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fúckin typical long ball stuff from City :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This pathetic post sums it all up really...
    dd972 wrote: »
    Irish footballers and fans, Northern and Republic, Pre and Post independence are, have been and always will be part of the fabric of English and Scottish football, as far as this sphere of life is concerned (club football) we are 'Brits' whether you like it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Barry Ryan tweeting that Limerick players haven't been paid this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Omackeral wrote: »
    This pathetic post sums it all up really...
    That's bad! They really manage to convince themselves they are linked to these clubs in some deep meaningful way. It's just a coincidence it was the club that was going through a successful patch when they were 10.

And you can guarantee they'll be supporting anyone but their fellow Brits when the world cup starts too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

If it was true there would be more than just Bazza talking about it, especially if people from the club went to Shane Tracy's wedding without paying lads.

Then again Eddie Hickey is gone because of money issues so you'd never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I hope all 20 clubs continue in the LOI, but every year there are worrying reports coming out about some clubs.

I don’t know how Athlone, Bray and Wexford are surviving on their home gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Wouldn't surprise me if he's talking out his hoop. Man has a grudge against Limerick and puts the boot in at every opportunity so it wouldn't surprise me if it's crap.
    He should spend more time learning how to spell and stop putting 'hash tag' at the end of every tweet :rolleyes:

joeysoap wrote: »
    I hope all 20 clubs continue in the LOI, but every year there are worrying reports coming out about some clubs.

I don’t know how Athlone, Bray and Wexford are surviving on their home gates.

1) When you allow match fixers to take over your club, you're f*cked.
    2) When you spend money you don't have with a view it will be sorted with the sale of your stadium in due course
    3) When you were founded by a NAMA Developer...

Nothing worrying... just lack of common sense.

Fair play to Graham Burke, full cap in the bag now after coming on against France in Paris.

Rovers could lose Burke in the summer now.

Just making an appearance could help him get a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Played ok as well, got a shot blocked near the end and a few nice passes when we had a tiny bit of possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Brian Kerr wasnt exactly overflowing with praise on de oul wireless there.After Seanie Maguire, Daryl Horgan etc its great for the league and great for Irish football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ah yeah........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

damemcd wrote: »
    Brian Kerr wasnt exactly overflowing with praise on de oul wireless there.After Seanie Maguire, Daryl Horgan etc its great for the league and great for Irish football

Brian Kerr wouldn't give Rovers or anyone connected to Rovers a compliment if his life depended on it. He's a bitter old man at this stage.
    I have zero time for him after having the misfortune to meet him at a function I attended a couple of years back... the utter garbage he spoke to anyone who'd listen told me everything I needed to know about the man.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Brian Kerr wouldn't give Rovers or anyone connected to Rovers a compliment if his life depended on it. He's a bitter old man at this stage.
    I have zero time for him after having the misfortune to meet him at a function I attended a couple of years back... the utter garbage he spoke to anyone who'd listen told me everything I needed to know about the man.

You shut your goddamn mouth, Kerr is a national treasure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

damemcd wrote: »

A cap in a meaningless friendly to the wider Great Irish Sporting Public™️ means absolutely nothing.

No Irish international has made a competitive appearance while playing within the LoI since 1985.

The league won’t gain respect through the international set up. IMO, it’ll involve better European results and an improvement in stadium facilities and clubs linking themselves into their communities in a way the bogballers have mastered.

That’s not to take away from the player’s achievements, but simply looking at things from the wider perspective of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Watching the Ireland game in Argentina. Great to hear the commentators have a little discussion about Shamrock Rovers and the league of Ireland.

I'll have to phone in and tell them they like to be called Shams though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Apparently Noel Hunt signing for Waterford as a player coach. Interesting.

Omackeral wrote: »
    You shut your goddamn mouth, Kerr is a national treasure.

Not to me he's not.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Tends to reserve de love for de lads down by the Camac alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rovers could lose Burke in the summer now.

Just making an appearance could help him get a move.

He's a good player but not international standard was genuinely surprised he was called up. There are no massively stand out players in the league at the minute that are up to standard in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Big big night of matches on Friday. Cork's record in Turners Cross is phenomenal this season and they never look like dropping points at home. Waterford playing well but can't see past Cork for this one.

Dundalk and Rovers is always tasty. Massive pressure on Dundalk as really can't drop any points with Corks fixture list probably better for the rest of the season due to some weird front loading of away matches. The league could be decided this season with the head to heads of both teams.

• Advertisement

doncarlos wrote: »
    He's a good player but not international standard was genuinely surprised he was called up. There are no massively stand out players in the league at the minute that are up to standard in my opinion.

Agree about their being a lack of standout talent. Hery is one of the few with genuine class.

People will say I'm biased but I honestly think it's because he plays for a Dublin team, and Shams, the 'model club' that the FAI adore, in particular. Look at some of the talent we've had in the league the past 3/4 years at the likes of Cork & Dundalk that never got a shot like that while playing here.

Fair play to him though.

Ireland have much less players to choose from now is also a huge factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Oat23 wrote: »
    Agree about their being a lack of standout talent. Hery is one of the few with genuine class.

People will say I'm biased but I honestly think it's because he plays for a Dublin team, and Shams, the 'model club' that the FAI adore, in particular. Look at some of the talent we've had in the league the past 3/4 years at the likes of Cork & Dundalk that never got a shot like that while playing here.

Fair play to him though.

I’d be highly surprised if the manager from Derry and his assistant from Cork allow FAI officials to dictate to them to pick a Dublin based player.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

DvB wrote: »

Hes a good guy oul brian a bit bitter but he knows his sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I’d be highly surprised if the manager from Derry and his assistant from Cork allow FAI officials to dictate to them to pick a Dublin based player.

But I'm sure Batter Bradley would think it a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

https://twitter.com/PaulKenny2/status/1001593503850336256?s=19

Drogheda more than likely had a second or third team out. A team similar to the one beaten 7-2 by Shels in the League Cup. There are a lot of decent players in the LSL but to say its better than the First Division is pushing it imo.

dan1895 wrote: »

Drogheda more than likely had a second or third team out. A team similar to the one beaten 7-2 by Shels in the League Cup. There are a lot of decent players in the LSL but to say its better than the First Division is pushing it imo.

Just paid more I'd say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This comes up every so often when they pull off a result.

It makes no difference if you're Lionel Messi if you can't commit to a nationwide league including weekday away games on the other side of the country.

I watch a fair amount of LSL games as my old team won it last year & I pop down to watch their games as often as I can. But to say its on a par with the First Division is nonsense. The better teams might spring the odd result in a direct one off game, especially against a basket case side like Athlone but theres not a chance any of them would stand out as superior if put into a league situation.

I remember back in the day playing at that level & when we played LOI sides if they wanted to take it seriously they would run us ragged, I'd be willing to wager the same thing would happen today. The fact is no LOI side takes the LSC seriously enough to put out their strongest side, especially not against a non league side so 'upsets' will happen, but to suggest even the better LSL could compete week in week out at that level is simply not true.

LSL is a very good league.

But it is not as good as the 1st Division. But Bluebell & Crumlin are very strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

dfx- wrote: »
    This comes up every so often when they pull off a result.

It’s like the weather (to be fair not usually Met Eireann) reports in the papers

Hotter than Spain

Sunnier than the Med

Etc

Yeah, right

And what about the other 51 weeks?

Same with the LOI, especially the ‘minor ‘ cups .

Odds how many regulars Dundalk and Bohs will put out next Tuesday?

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Just paid more I'd say.

Probably not even, they'd be a chunk of LSL players paid more than 1st Div players.

The key thing is that keeps/attracts players to the regional Leagues is not having to travel to Cobh/Donegal/Galway/etc... on a Friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I wouldn't fancy ours or Athlone's chances against any LSL team I've seen right now. The rest of the division probably fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Aboarah hit with a further 3 game ban. Misses next 3 games.

I wouldn't fancy ours or Athlone's chances against any LSL team I've seen right now. The rest of the division probably fine.

Crumlin, Bluebell & Mochtas would give a game to most First Div teams. Although Mochtas stint as an excellent title winning team over the past couple of seasons may be over come their new season - LoI type investment supposedly :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Any of the last four from this tear’s FAI Junior Cup would definitely fancy their chances against Athlone or Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Any idea where would be showing the Dundalk game in Dublin around Dawson St?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Feedback thread is available here if anyone has any LOI issues if anyone hasn't seen it.

dfx- wrote: »
    Feedback thread is available here if anyone has any LOI issues if anyone hasn't seen it.

The feedback thread is exactly why I rarely venture out of the LOI and Bundesliga thread. Chatting about football on a forum shouldn't require so much effort. This place is toxic as hell.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    The feedback thread is exactly why I rarely venture out of the LOI and Bundesliga thread. Chatting about football on a forum shouldn't require so much effort. This place is toxic as hell.

Car crash stuff there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement