Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

bot43 wrote: »
    Can Shamrock not request a postponement because of that?

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Can Shamrock not request a postponement because of that?

They can request one, but not sure they are entitled to one.

There is a rule about it, but I think it needs to be more than 1 player.

In the EFL it is 3 I think, but not sure about LOI, it would happen so rarely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

osarusan wrote: »
    They can request one, but not sure they are entitled to one.

There is a rule about it, but I think it needs to be more than 1 player.

In the EFL it is 3 I think, but not sure about LOI, it would happen so rarely.

I think we got postponements for U21 call ups in the past when it was just one player.

I think we got postponements for U21 call ups in the past when it was just one player.

Ok maybe you are right, wouldn't surprise me if there isn't even a rule about it.

The Derry Cork game earlier this season was one, but Derry had a few players called up between ROI and NI squads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Must be 2 IIRC Derry have had games postponed this year because of Curtis & Hale playing in the North's under 21 squad. Waterford will also be missing Puri tomorrow night because of international duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

As good as it is for the player, I can't imagine Rovers fans being too happy about it, or at least shouldn't be. Even RTE have it as a headline, 'Burke to miss Shamrock Rovers game to play for Ireland'. That's how stupid it is.

I think it may be an agreement between the clubs when its just one now that I think of it. So Shams would request, Dundalk would have to agree and FAI would have to sign off on it.

In this case no way Dundalk agree this late on and FAI wouldnt agree regardless as the game is televised.
    I don't think so - I think it's up to the FAI. Derry had a match postponed a few years ago against Shels, and Shels were not happy at all that Derry's request was granted - they were unhappy with the decision being made only 24 hours before the game was due to be played, when they already had travel/catering plans made - but I don't think they had any say in the issue.

I might just be remembering the whole thing wrong though.

It's more likely to be the case that the other club's agreement is needed when it doesn't meet the criteria, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Must be 2 IIRC Derry have had games postponed this year because of Curtis & Hale playing in the North's under 21 squad. Waterford will also be missing Puri tomorrow night because of international duty.

I think we had 5 calls up to the NI & RoI U21s in the one week.

Corholio wrote: »
    As good as it is for the player, I can't imagine Rovers fans being too happy about it, or at least shouldn't be. Even RTE have it as a headline, 'Burke to miss Shamrock Rovers game to play for Ireland'. That's how stupid it is.

Rovers Telifis Eireann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Oat23 wrote: »
    The feedback thread is exactly why I rarely venture out of the LOI and Bundesliga thread. Chatting about football on a forum shouldn't require so much effort. This place is toxic as hell.

Wasn't too long ago you couldn't post LOI related threads without being trolled by bits by English Soccer fans or the threads would just descend in to anarchy, to the degree there was talks of a breakaway private forum.

We've come a long way with LOI mods and threads.

That feedback thread is toxic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Big loss for them as even when Rovers are playing poorly Burke is capable of banging one in from distance. I think he takes all their frees also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Afaik it’s two players. Cork had a few postponements last year and I think it was Seanie and one other.

Fwiw Rovers have agreed to release Burke, for a friendly it’s not compulsory to release a player. Big loss for Rovers especially with Clarke out.

As an aside the following Dundalk players have all missed one or more matches this season due to injury

Rogers, Gannon, Massey, Gartland, O’Donnell, Mountney, Chevdukas, Adorjan, Hoban.
    Part and parcel I know, but it seems a lot . 4 long terms in there (Chevdukas is back) as well.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Afaik it’s two players. Cork had a few postponements last year and I think it was Seanie and one other.

Fwiw Rovers have agreed to release Burke, for a friendly it’s not compulsory to release a player. Big loss for Rovers especially with Clarke out.

As an aside the following Dundalk players have all missed one or more matches this season due to injury

Rogers, Gannon, Massey, Gartland, O’Donnell, Mountney, Chevdukas, Adorjan, Hoban.
    Part and parcel I know, but it seems a lot . 4 long terms in there (Chevdukas is back) as well.
    Probably Delaney and Kevin O Connor previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

BOHtox wrote: »
    Wasn't too long ago you couldn't post LOI related threads without being trolled by bits by English Soccer fans or the threads would just descend in to anarchy, to the degree there was talks of a breakaway private forum.

We've come a long way with LOI mods and threads.

That feedback thread is toxic

Dick measuring contest over who is most hard done by instead of who is the better team...about the only change from the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Think fans of most teams would be pissed off it was postponed for a single player being called up for a friendly.

In recent seasons we've lost players to U21s as well as the likes of Pascal Millien and Romy Boco missing games for senior international call ups. Boco used to miss about 4 games a season for us.

Noel Hunt signed for Waterford. Replacing Duffus?

Good to see 'big name' players coming back here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Not replacing, we needed another striker. AFAIK Duffus wants to stay.

Not replacing, we needed another striker. AFAIK Duffus wants to stay.
    The two teams ahead of you are making do with one main striker each, why do ye need three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

The two teams ahead of you are making do with one main striker each, why do ye need three?

Because they play with two up top. Cork and Dundalk don't.

• Advertisement

Darron Gibson to Derry;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Hunt as player manager is a good solidation signing by Waterford

Gibson to Derry sounds like a great signing.

Both coming to hometown clubs

Can only be good for the LOI

Hunt as player manager is a good solidation signing by Waterford

Gibson to Derry sounds like a great signing.

Both coming to hometown clubs

Unfortunately I was only joking.

He would be a great signing though.

Does Hunt have any legs left in him? Or will he be like Duff at Rovers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Gibson seems to have serious issues that he needs to sort out and Hunt's last league start was 27 months ago in the 2016/17 season, the last of his 4 starts that year. In League Two. The very few sub apps he made this season were mostly limited to deep in injury time and the earliest introduction being 5 mins before the end of the 90. Scored once in two and a half years. People will come out to see Hunt I'm sure but I wouldn't expect to see much of him on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hunt will do more off the pitch than on it.

Could help in getting some players too & as Stephen Hunt is an agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No - on eir sport

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

****in hell.

Lopes should have been off there.

Dundalk must find it strange playing in front of such a small crowd in Tallaght.

Another shocking Derry performance, slide continues.

• Advertisement

Bohs got their late equaliser again tonight, and should have had a winner right at the end.

We were the better team in the first half, and could have had another couple of goals.

But in the second they were much more purposeful and attacking, and could have equalised earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We all thought it would happen but the top 2 are really pulling away now. About a dozen points to 3rd and a further 6 to fourth.

Good 3 nil win for city. Rovers got Hockeyed at home- always nice, surprised Derry couldn't account for sligo, bohs get their customary late leveller.

Bradley still in a job at Rovers is bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

MD1990 wrote: »
    Bradley still in a job at Rovers is bizarre

I'd say great/hilarious

https://twitter.com/paulohehir/status/1002675822162006017

Limerick in crisis if this is true.

• Advertisement

Long ball CCFC made easy work of the game tonight. If they hadn’t Hery they would have nothing at all. He is pure class. Not sure I’ve ever seen him run but not sure he ever needs to. Calm on the ball and always available.

Sadliers best game for us tonight. Garry Buckley is our POTS thus far. And Jimmy Keohane as a bastard DM? Bloody hell.

Now to drop points to Derry on Monday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

John Caulfield should be onto Cian Coleman asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Didn't they sign Clifford IN April? What a joke.

The FAI are a joke too but we all knew that.

There is not a chance you won't beat us on Monday. We are a shambles, squad in pieces, lacking any fight.

A bet for Cork on Monday is buying money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Oat23 wrote: »
    Didn't they sign Clifford IN April? What a joke.

The FAI are a joke too but we all knew that.

Signed like the first week in April. With the chairman putting his own company into voluntary liquidation this was sticking out a mile.

So fair play to lads for playing tonight especially after being told there's no money to pay ye and free to leave. Dick move from the club if they knew at the beginning of May there was no money but waited until now to say it, especially given they were at a players wedding last week knowing full well they weren't getting paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Long ball CCFC made easy work of the game tonight. If they hadn’t Hery they would have nothing at all. He is pure class. Not sure I’ve ever seen him run but not sure he ever needs to. Calm on the ball and always available.

Sadliers best game for us tonight. Garry Buckley is our POTS thus far. And Jimmy Keohane as a bastard DM? Bloody hell.

I'm starting to get nervous about Cork. Still think we'll do it but you're just not dropping points.
    Waterford were excellent against Dundalk a few weeks back and brushed aside easily by Cork tonight. A run in Europe for either team could have an impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Wouldn't say easy work at all. Ye barely got a kick for the first half except for the goal on HT. Waterford controlled the game for large spells without ever really threatening McNulty it has to be said. Cork started finding gaps in the second half but it really swung when Shepherd came on. His running and support play was superb.

Poor result for the Blues considering how they dominated possession for large spells but Duffus and Akinade didn't have any influence and Cork marshalled the edge of their box well so we were reduced to pot shots. Hery, Holohan and Feely had good games.

Winnable game v St Pats next Friday, so fingers crossed we can keep that third spot for another while.

It was a very similar game to your last visit. Waterford ran out of the blocks both times but each time they were easily contained.

Aside from Hery no one really stood out for me. But with that said not many teams actually try to take us on at TX.
    doncarlos wrote: »
    I'm starting to get nervous about Cork. Still think we'll do it but you're just not dropping points.

I think the league will go to the last weekend this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Wouldn't say easy work at all. Ye barely got a kick for the first half except for the goal on HT. Waterford controlled the game for large spells without ever really threatening McNulty it has to be said. Cork started finding gaps in the second half but it really swung when Shepherd came on. His running and support play was superb.

Poor result for the Blues considering how they dominated possession for large spells but Duffus and Akinade didn't have any influence and Cork marshalled the edge of their box well so we were reduced to pot shots. Hery, Holohan and Feely had good games.

Winnable game v St Pats next Friday, so fingers crossed we can keep that third spot for another while.

The Duffus miss was the turning point. City weren't up to much has to be said until the goal, hit the post with their one attack it seemed. Still though that's corks game. They are the most organised team in midfield and defence. So hard to get at. Saying that their second goal was lovely. Has mcnamee been piss poor all season or is it just against Waterford he's garbage? Great atmosphere in the away end, don't know if the sound travels great in the stadium but could barely hear the cork fans, maybe they will say the same about us.

I think McNamee has been poor tbh. But he has been on the wing pretty much the whole time. He is a central player but he never plays central for some odd reason.

Re tonight’s atmosphere - it was poor all round I thought. Good travelling support numbers wise but not much noise. Home fans were pretty silent too I felt.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement