Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabodirect - what to do with money?

• 12-05-2018 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people did with the money they had with Rabo? I had circa €24k and not sure where to put it now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Just wondering what people did with the money they had with Rabo? I had circa €24k and not sure where to put it now.

I had a similar situation and really struggled to find an alternative to rabo.

Personally I opted for prize bonds.

Every other alternative bank I looked into had some disadvantages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The highest return available is with KBC Extra Regular Saver at 2.50% AER gross. One can deposit a lump sum of 10k and then drip feed monthly transfers of 1k into the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

JTMan wrote: »
    The highest return available is with KBC Extra Regular Saver at 2.50% AER gross. One can deposit a lump sum of 10k and then drip feed monthly transfers of 1k into the account.

Just note that you can only get that account (their regular saver has a lower interest rate) if you have an 'extra current account' which requires a minimum 2500 deposit per month.

OP - I went for the above combo of KBC extra current account and extra regular saver account, plus a 35 day notice deposit account (as I had a large lump sum). Very happy with how it's going, much better returns than when it was sitting in Rabo on 0.1%!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm another one here who had in the region of 32K in this traunch of money .......after weighing up my options I opted for the prize bonds as well...........

Advertisement