Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out and improve credit rating

• 12-05-2018 8:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭

Can someone tell me how to go about finding out my credit rating and if I need to ways to improve it, I know you have to send off a form with all your previous addresses but the one problem I have is I've been in my current town 10 years now and whilst I could track down my previous addresses it would be very difficult to state the exact dates I stayed in all of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

AFAIK there's no official credit rating system here.

The Banks use the ICB for their decisions and retailers use several different companies. You can request your rating with ICB but if you are applying for loans every credit check is recorded, you will be credit checking yourself, and too many credit checks reduces your rating with ICB! No idea how to check your ratings with retailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

As well as the ICB that Del posted above, there's now also the Central Credit Register. See here. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/debt/credit_ratings.html

Advertisement