Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Scammer Query

Options
  • 12-05-2018 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys,

so my girlfriends phone was stolen on a night out (definetly stolen because some chancer rang the number displayed on the front the next morning claiming he was a garda and seeking the passcode.

Anyways we went online and ordered a new refurbished phone off this crowd Quick Mobile Fix based in England. Paid via PayPal 392 euro on the 28th of April.

The initial reviews online were good and they looked like a professional outfit operating with their own shop out near London. Everytime I email them regarding my order I get the same generic responses 'this is due to extra quality control' or 'due to a delay from our network provider'.

After a bit more digging it seems many people have had this issue and I'm reading some horror stories about how long it takes to actually get a refund back 2 weeks (plus whaetever excuse they claim, banking error seems to quite common)

Anyways I am worried I will lose my money, considering I bought via paypal is there anyway I can flag this as a fraudulent transaction etc ?

Hoping to sort this soon as possible.

Any help or tips appreicated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement