Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will 28mm tyres fit my wheels/bike?

Options
  • 12-05-2018 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Have a Cube Peloton SL 2015 running on Mavic Aksum wheels currently 23mm.

Would love to change to 28mm tyres, how do you figure out if they would fit? I believe they will but I wanted to be sure

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

What sort of clearance do you have on the current tyres? (They will fit the wheels alright but the clearance regarding frame/forks/brakes/ is a different matter).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

What sort of clearance do you have on the current tyres? (They will fit the wheels alright but the clearance regarding frame/forks/brakes/ is a different matter).

Definitely a few mm either side of the tyres and above it going under the fork. Mrs has a very similar bike on 25mm and hers look ok too

I have the same bike pretty much - the race vs sl - only diff is wheels which are fulcrum 7 which can also take 28c tyres
    afaik the 11 speed 105 5800 groupset cartridge brakes will take the 28c tyres.
    the only issue that I could see being a possible problem is the clearance on the front at the fork at the top of the tyre and the sides.
    doesn't seem to be a lot of room at the sides particularly.
    could fit but would be tight. e.g. if a leaf/muck got there it could stick.
    the back wheel looks fine.
    if you try it and it works let me know!
    other alternative is 25c which I have and works fine and is definitely better than 23c

Advertisement