Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop box help

Options
  • 12-05-2018 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

For college I have to edit a video but the file isnt opening on other computers so im concerned it wont open for examiner. My lecturer sent me a link to drop box video test but theres no indication of how to upload the file to the video test folder. Ive right clicked and clicked on all available options on the page ive even downloaded the video test folder to put the file in that way, nothing works. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

A 'video' is too generic a description.

What audio & video codecs were used and in what container is the video packaged?

It might just be the format is not recognised by some other 'limited' computers.

If you have a Dropbox account then upload the video (to public folder), and generate a link to it for others to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

A 'video' is too generic a description.

What audio & video codecs were used and in what container is the video packaged?

It might just be the format is not recognised by some other 'limited' computers.

If you have a Dropbox account then upload the video (to public folder), and generate a link to it for others to test.

Its just the codecs arent recognised. I dont know what you mean by generate a link to it for others to test?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Its just the codecs arent recognised. I dont know what you mean by generate a link to it for others to test?

What codecs are used?

If you upload the video to Dropbox you can generate a link to share with others who can download the video to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

For college I have to edit a video but the file isnt opening on other computers so im concerned it wont open for examiner. My lecturer sent me a link to drop box video test but theres no indication of how to upload the file to the video test folder. Ive right clicked and clicked on all available options on the page ive even downloaded the video test folder to put the file in that way, nothing works. Any ideas?
    Two criteria nee to be met:
    1. You have to have Dropbox account.
    2. Permission to edit folder has to be given by folder owner(your lecturer)

Shared folders

You can give members of your shared folders different permissions:
    • Editor: Any member you give this permission to can add, edit, or delete files in that folder.
    • Viewer: Any member you give this permission to can view and comment on files in a shared folder, but not add, edit, or delete files.
    • Owner: Only one member can be the owner of a folder. The creator of a shared folder is automatically the owner, unless they change the owner to someone else.
    Full details on official DB site

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Its fine i worked it out myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement