Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Box Plant Info required

Options
  • 12-05-2018 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Hello all. My buxos plants are doing very well after nearly four years of disappointingly small growth, and I think the reason for their enhanced well-being is due to adding banana skins into the soil around them. It really has made the difference. They are producing much more staunch and healthy looking leaves.
    I had a bit of a box mite problem - the little white fluffy things - and washing the leaves etc. with soapy water seemed to have got rid of them.
    I have a question.
    I'm trying to get them to grow closer together and wonder if trimming the foliage one one side will encourage more growth at the sides that I want the plants to converge. Will that work? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Trim away. Cutting off the tips will induce the buds behind to come in to growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Thanks 3cents for the good advice. I'll carry on clipping.

Advertisement