Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 Match Day thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'd say you'll be fine with attrition Mr P. those 2 great words - De Fault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

68 gives me an OR of 6400. 2nd in Boards Pay League gotta be happy with that esp since you probably wouldn't have got top 10 with that rank in previous seasons. Just ruing playing safe with VVD over PVA :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

107 points. :cool:

I saved the best until last. Only time all season I hit the century mark.
    Fabianski - 9
    Van Dijk - 6
    Mustafi - 9
    Robertson - 18

McArthur - 2
    Salah - 11
    Sterling - 3
    Arnautovic - 12

Jesus - 5
    Rashford - 8
    Kane (c) - 24

Ended up in the 200k mark. I checked and at the halfway point of the season I was at the 1m mark so I'm pleased with how I finished the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

68 (-4) to finish the season with a 41.8k rank and a disappointing 3 red arrows in the last 3 gameweeks.

If I had stuck to my original transfer plan of getting in Robertson I would have had 12 points more.

So for next season I'm going to try follow my own gut and faff around a little less when deciding on moves as it's cost me big time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

95 pts this GW....TC Salah helped a lot,after a really poor run up till Christmas when I was around the 1m OR for ages I finish the season on 167k so happy with that.
    Thanks to all for contributions to the forum,see ye all in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

69 points and green arrows up to 34k... my highest finish and points total to date.

HEWT :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

First ever top 10k finish. Delighted. Final rank of 7877.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Some nice finishes guys. I stagnated the last 2 weeks.

69 this week drops me again. After my ranking high of 1413 in GW36 I've finished up at 3920. Best ever finish and won my main league so happy happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

50 pojnts today sees me finiah around105k. Been a bad year but recovered well in the last 3 months to climb 700k places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Finished 1,162 last year, 67,833 this year :-/

A defensive nightmare got me 6 red arrows between GW14-20 , Mustafi, Femenia, Mbemba and Mee were either dropped or injured during it. I hate taking hits for defenders so I just left it. Finally took a hit in GW20 to bring in Christensen (who had started the last nine games) who was promptly dropped for two games as soon as I brought him in. Oh and of course Chelsea kept clean sheets in both of those games. I dropped from 125k to 515k during it.

Best signings were Nick Pope GW12 (what a legend), Aguero GW19, Mahrez GW28

Worst Signings were Christensen GW20 (never again) Bailly and Willian GW32, and Ritchie GW6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

After reaching 1800 overall rank GW 28,it has gone bad tremendously even after having all chips and 2 WC's.
    Lost all Captain choices after this week.
    Finished at 3930 overall rank which is still my highest finish till date but it could have been a lot better.Won my money leagues and h2h so happy with that. See you guys next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

74(0) - up 70,00 places but comfortably the worst season I have ever had. Looking forward to next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

What does HEWT mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Finished with an OR of 15k after breaking into the top 10k 2 weeks ago. Last few weeks saw me slipping back in a few leagues.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

bot43 wrote: »
    What does HEWT mean?

Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

bot43 wrote: »
    What does HEWT mean?

Happy Enough With That
    Only took me 3 days to figure it out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

50 pts. Fell outside the top 300k

:(

Salah the Saviour this week.

See you next season. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

What happens in a tie-breaker situation?

Two lads have finished on the same points but one is 3rd and the other 4th.

What determines this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    What happens in a tie-breaker situation?

Two lads have finished on the same points but one is 3rd and the other 4th.

What determines this?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

F1ngers wrote: »

Had a look there already and didn't see anything related to it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The answer is there, I wouldn't post the link if i couldn't find the answer myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

It's there alright - click the Rules tab and the info is under Leagues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

"In the event of a tie between teams, the team who has made the least amount of transfers will be positioned higher. Any transfers made using a wildcard or free hit will not count towards total transfers made."

F1ngers wrote: »
    The answer is there, I wouldn't post the link if i couldn't find the answer myself.

Ah sorry didnt see the tabs so was only looking at the FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Despite my earlier statement re Sterling TC fail,it appears that Jesus late late goal +1bps combine with Edersons -1 has confirmed me as 2nd half winner in my ML by 2pts and 150e in my pocket. 4th year in a row inside top 110k,HEWT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wow so Ederson did get awarded minus 1 after all despite not playing a minute ?
    I'd be sick if that cost me a league

km79 wrote: »

Sorry for asking this but does the booking turn Ederson from a non playing goalie to a playing goalie then in the context of the game? If I had Ederson as my main goalie yesterday and Bravo as my sub, who would be the scoring goalie?

claw wrote: »
    Sorry for asking this but does the booking turn Ederson from a non playing goalie to a playing goalie then in the context of the game? If I had Ederson as my main goalie yesterday and Bravo as my sub, who would be the scoring goalie?

Just went to FPL Fantasy twitter and they said the automatic substitution would happen, I don't see this as a rule on their site too. I only looked at my scores this morning so wasn't aware of any of this yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

claw wrote: »

I think in that case Bravo comes in. The issue seems to be with teams who had two non-playing keepers.

For example, if you had Ederson and DeGea, DeGea would not transfer in as he didn't play either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »

Jesus that seems awfully harsh!

Advertisement