Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Landscaping and Garden estimate?

Options
  • 12-05-2018 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Planning a little work in the next couple of months and am hoping someone can give a rough ballpark of pricing?
    Current back garden is @25sq MTR patio and 60sq MTR of gravel, low maintenance but very drab ;)

The plan is get rid of the above and go with @ 45sq MTR of sandstone patio and @40sq MTR of artificial lawn.

Any idea what price I can be expecting for supply and fit of this?
    Assuming all drainage is ok.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

banie01 wrote: »
    Hey All,
    Planning a little work in the next couple of months and am hoping someone can give a rough ballpark of pricing?
    Current back garden is @25sq MTR patio and 60sq MTR of gravel, low maintenance but very drab ;)

The plan is get rid of the above and go with @ 45sq MTR of sandstone patio and @40sq MTR of artificial lawn.

Any idea what price I can be expecting for supply and fit of this?
    Assuming all drainage is ok.

I’ve just got my back garden done in yellow limestone. About 33sq. M and it was 3k.

I got a price of 2k for the same in fake grass.

Might help in your calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Much appreciated Kceire :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Much appreciated Kceire :)

This prices included a 4.5m aco drain and 4 AJ recesses.

kceire wrote: »
    This prices included a 4.5m aco drain and 4 AJ recesses.

My current drainage setup should be grand for what's in mind and I won't need to worry about AJ access so should hopefully be able keep the cost down.
    Many thanks for the steer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Brian:

Budget the following:

1. Artificial lawn: 35/m2 for grass lawn. Allow for a 20ton load of sand at €300. Rake over your stones and compact well. http://www.hss.ie/g/47428/Vibrating-Plate-Wacker-Plate.html
    https://artificialgrass.ie/sale.html I've seen the samples of this stuff at work. You want to be buying the premium one.

With the sandstone: You'll have to get someone in to do that, budget €65/m2 supply and fit. Road stone do Sandstone paving in 600x600 panels.

• Advertisement

Many thanks Tefral.
    I have had some quotes in for the work I want and you are bang on the money.
    The works quoted for (after I decided the cost benefit of artificial didn't really work for me) comes to a total cost of 8500 including planting.
    Cost to include
    43sq MTR of sandstone paving and borders
    18mtr of sandstone wall to 500mm with sandstone seat caps
    3mtr of sandstone wall to 1800mm
    All drains including 2 new drains to front
    Top soil to raise level of lawn area and raised beds
    35sq MTR of rolled turf for the lawn.
    All along with removal of all waste.

All with the benefit of being HRI compliant so a nice little rebate to add to my credits ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Many thanks Tefral.
    I have had some quotes in for the work I want and you are bang on the money.
    The works quoted for (after I decided the cost benefit of artificial didn't really work for me) comes to a total cost of 8500 including planting.
    Cost to include
    43sq MTR of sandstone paving and borders
    18mtr of sandstone wall to 500mm with sandstone seat caps
    3mtr of sandstone wall to 1800mm
    All drains including 2 new drains to front
    Top soil to raise level of lawn area and raised beds
    35sq MTR of rolled turf for the lawn.
    All along with removal of all waste.

All with the benefit of being HRI compliant so a nice little rebate to add to my credits ;)

I’m looking for both my front garden and back garden to be done. Could you PM the details of the people you used (if they cover Dublin that is)?

Thank you

I’m looking for both my front garden and back garden to be done. Could you PM the details of the people you used (if they cover Dublin that is)?

Thank you

They are Limerick/South west based unfortunately.
    From talking to a few people tho the rate for sandstone supply and fit in Dublin seems to be closer to 90per SQM.

They are Limerick/South west based unfortunately.
    From talking to a few people tho the rate for sandstone supply and fit in Dublin seems to be closer to 90per SQM.

Ah ok. Thank you for replying. Yep - living in Dublin definitely seems to cost more!!

kceire wrote: »
    I’ve just got my back garden done in yellow limestone. About 33sq. M and it was 3k.

I got a price of 2k for the same in fake grass.

Might help in your calculations.

Could you PM the details of the people you used (if they are based in Dublin). I’m looking to get the front and back garden done at hopefully a reasonable cost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

Could you PM the details of the people you used (if they are based in Dublin). I’m looking to get the front and back garden done at hopefully a reasonable cost!

Can you also send me a PM with who you used? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rob007

Would you mind messaging me the details too please (if you were happy with your landscaper)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,360 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

My advice would be to prioritise locally sourced stone where possible (Kilkenny limestone, Mayo sandstone, Liscannor stone etc). Better for the environment (and economy) but fundamentally, in the long run, better suited to the Irish climate. Less colour change, less crumbling than (generally) India sourced limestone.

Advertisement