Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm distributor road

Options
  • 12-05-2018 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone heard anything re when the Clay Farm distributor road is due to be built? There's a lot of people in Stepaside looking for a shortcut to the LUAS :)

Supposedly it was approved for funding under the Local Housing Infrastructure Fund, but no mention as to when it would actually be built....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tippingpoint

Hi, I'm also looking for an update on the above if anyone has any information? Also, where are the start and end points for these roads expected to be? Is the road starting from Stepaside Park, or from Cruagh Wood estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Pages 14-20 shows the proposed route for this road. It's worth pointing out that it's an internal road to Clay Farm, it won't allow vehicular access from Stepasid to Ballyogan road. There will be walking/cycling connections to Stepaside Park. I have a feeling the road will be built in phases and opened as is required for each section of the estate. It could be a long time before it's completed and access to Stepaside is available to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tippingpoint

markpb wrote: »
    Pages 14-20 shows the proposed route for this road. It's worth pointing out that it's an internal road to Clay Farm, it won't allow vehicular access from Stepasid to Ballyogan road. There will be walking/cycling connections to Stepaside Park. I have a feeling the road will be built in phases and opened as is required for each section of the estate. It could be a long time before it's completed and access to Stepaside is available to the public.

Perfect thank you for the link!

It says on page 17 that there will be vehicular, pedestrian & cycle connections from both Cruagh Wood & Stepaside Park. I'm interested in buying a place in Cruagh Wood so just looking into the commuting options other than driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Perfect thank you for the link!

It says on page 17 that there will be vehicular, pedestrian & cycle connections from both Cruagh Wood & Stepaside Park. I'm interested in buying a place in Cruagh Wood so just looking into the commuting options other than driving.

You're right. The map doesn't make that clear at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The Clay Farm planning documents have a bit of information about how the Cruagh Wood link will work
    http://cfphase2shd.ie/index.php/planning-application-documents/planning/

• Advertisement
Advertisement