Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use ps4 wireless with Sony tv

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

sugarman wrote: »
    Yes, use the optical cable.

Thanks. Where would I source a 10 foot cable to stretch to the couch?

Do you mean to use them wireless??

Hi,

If I could use it wirelessly to the Sony TV - ideally yes. I just checked and there is no optical out on the headset themselves.

More on it here.

https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/elite-800-headset

I have a 4K Bravia and it does not let you hook a headset up via Bluetooth. Not sure if Sony BT headphones might work though.

Ok. There is a regular phone jack on the headset. Could I use a cable with phone end and optical end. Does such a thing exist?

• Advertisement

You could use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable if your tv has a headphone jack I'm sure. Don't think you could do wireless though.

See attached images of my TV and headset/cradle.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Picture1.jpg

Try connecting the optical cable in the back of your tv into the digital out port on the cradle.

OK Thanks.

Do you Know of a good local retailer to get a 3 or 5 meter male to male 3.5mm lead? I'm only seeing hong kong on ebay!

Try connecting the optical cable in the back of your tv into the digital out port on the cradle.

I did already - nothing came through. Even switching on TV settings to external speaker and not the standard TV speaker. This external speaker option I used with my sound bar and it worked with that...

There is a pair button on the cradle but its more for the bluetooth feature methinks...?

• Advertisement

Yea, the pairing is only for BT. Just pick up a long 3.5 to 3.5 cable and do it that way. You should find one in a Curry's or PC World if there is one near you.

Yea, the pairing is only for BT. Just pick up a long 3.5 to 3.5 cable and do it that way. You should find one in a Curry's or PC World if there is one near you.

Got a 5 meter cable in Power City and worked a charm. Thanks again all!

Advertisement