Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booked a non refundable room for the Gibson

Options
  • 13-05-2018 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi just booked a non refundable single room for the Gibson hotel for after a concert for me and my wife but never realised it was a single occupant room only and it cost 288 euro . I rang the hotel and they wouldn't refund me or didn't have a another room available. , so I am going to have to stay there just wondering it possible to get people into the hotel who are non residents after a concert ? Wouldn't normally do this but it cost a lot of money and I don't wanna be down. Money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Of course it is. Just head up to the room together.

Anybody asks, you scored at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Markdmd wrote: »
    Hi just booked a non refundable single room for the Gibson hotel for after a concert for me and my wife but never realised it was a single occupant room only and it cost 288 euro . I rang the hotel and they wouldn't refund me or didn't have a another room available. , so I am going to have to stay there just wondering it possible to get people into the hotel who are non residents after a concert ? Wouldn't normally do this but it cost a lot of money and I don't wanna be down. Money

Maybe you should start a new thread for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Some of the rooms only have single beds in them
    Just so you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

And if its on an event night in the 3 Arena they were have security checking rooming lists against who is trying to get in
    The rooming list will have on it how many you booked for

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

dragonfly! wrote: »
    And if its on an event night in the 3 Arena they were have security checking rooming lists against who is trying to get in

See post #2 above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

dragonfly! wrote: »

Didn't happen last time I was there for a U2 concert but that was 2015. I can't imagine they will do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

there is security after a gig at the doors. they very rarely stop you if you look in any way normal, if they do show your room key and you will be fine.

I think itll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

One time before a gig I had planned on meeting my girlfriend in the Gibson for a drink/food, she was in there waiting for me but when I got there security had stopped non-residents entering. I told them I had someone waiting on me but they didn't budge, but of a dick move really.

I just went down into the car park and got the elevator up to the bar from there instead. :cool:

Advertisement