Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Fitting Options

Options
  • 13-05-2018 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Scratch golfer here living in north Wexford. I've had my clubs for about 12 years or so. My irons are Cleveland TA3's R300 True Temper shafts (everything standard) and I have a Titleist 907D2 Driver (Graffaloy Pro Launch Blue Stiff shaft). So my equipment is quite dated and the grooves in my irons leave a lot to be desired. Was hitting my mates Cobra F8+ driver at the weekend and definitely noticed more forgiveness and definitely 5-10 yards in the air. Been putting off getting new clubs forever as I love what I use and it's always treated me well but I think technology has advanced enough now that I should invest.

So my question is where do you recommend going. I'd love to get on a launch monitor and get a driver fitted properly but don't fancy paying a stupid premium using ForeGolf. I'm up and down to Bray a lot so is there any centre or place in between that might be good to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Scratch golfer here living in north Wexford. I've had my clubs for about 12 years or so. My irons are Cleveland TA3's R300 True Temper shafts (everything standard) and I have a Titleist 907D2 Driver (Graffaloy Pro Launch Blue Stiff shaft). So my equipment is quite dated and the grooves in my irons leave a lot to be desired. Was hitting my mates Cobra F8+ driver at the weekend and definitely noticed more forgiveness and definitely 5-10 yards in the air. Been putting off getting new clubs forever as I love what I use and it's always treated me well but I think technology has advanced enough now that I should invest.

So my question is where do you recommend going. I'd love to get on a launch monitor and get a driver fitted properly but don't fancy paying a stupid premium using ForeGolf. I'm up and down to Bray a lot so is there any centre or place in between that might be good to try?

Gary in Bunclody has a trackman he can fit you on. My dad got his driver fitted there and finds him very good.

Not fully sure what drivers he stocks outside of Ping, Taylormade and Titleist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I know there's a fella in tramore comes with good recommendation. Precision fit I think he trades under.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

I've heard good things about Donal Gleeson in Old Conna in Bray. http://www.donalgleeson.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

How did you find the F8+ driver? looks really nice! Mad to try one although not many shops have them! I know Halpenny isn't stocking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

I'm in the West so no good for recommendation on where to get fitted. I went to GolfStyle in Galway where his TrackMan is into a net in the shop (not the greatest set-up: nicer if you're outside). I also changed from a 907D2 last year. I've now got a 917 stiff (can't remember exact spec.) and I can honestly say, it's fab. I've gotten on average about 15-20 yards I'd say but the big difference is into the wind: it could be 50 yards into the wind with the lower spin rate.

I kept the old headcover though: much nicer than the new one and easier to explain to the other half: "No, sure that's the same driver I've had for ages"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

benny79 wrote: »
    How did you find the F8+ driver? looks really nice! Mad to try one although not many shops have them! I know Halpenny isn't stocking them.

I was hitting my friends F8+ and noticed it was a little longer and lower spinning for sure. My 907D2 has been hit that much due to the huge amounts of golf I played in previous years that I reckon the face has thinned and its COR is illegal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

Hey MuddyDog, Did you go get fitted yet? Toying with the idea myself so wondering how you got on.

Advertisement