Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile billing

Options
  • 13-05-2018 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I had issues with tesco mobile billpay at 15euro/month for 1 GB data and the rest. I set up a direct debit with them, and almost every month for the 2 year contract the DD failed. I'd get a text that they'll automatically try again.

However, here's the issue:
    1) when the dd failed, you enter a period of grace.
    2) when the 2nd attempt fails, tesco charge you at premium rates.
    3) I then get a message stating instead of 15,/I now owe, 40,50-80euro
    4) I have to pay it to continue and keep my number.
    5) they state they check and reset the de, but the cycle happens all over again.
    6) my bank claims no dd was requested.

I was with Vodafone for 15years and now virgin. Both paid via dd and absolutely none, not one issue with payment. My wages go to the bank so money is not the issue.

Is this a <SNIP>.by tesco, ie cheap plan, but intentionally sting you with failed DD at premium rates?

Anyone else experienced the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Are you absolutely certain the DD was set up with the correct details?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 C.Patrick

The contract was 24 months, and about 18-20 of those direct debits failed. Everytime I queried it with the bank, they confirmed it is set up but not requested by tesco. Every time I spoke with tesco they claim its for lack of funds or other generic response. Funds were not an issue. Tesco would set up again or ask details, which I provided, and the circle would continue. So, to answer your question, I'd say yes.
    JohnC. wrote: »
    Are you absolutely certain the DD was set up with the correct details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

It's not a scam but there is something else going on either with your bank or on Tesco side. Make a complaint to Tesco and follow the complaints procedure. Hopefully you'll get a resolution.
    What bank are you with btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 C.Patrick

Aib. I'd say more the tesco side as I'd been with Vodafone for 15 years and virgin for 2,
    neither a single issue with both.

Thanks for the input.
    It's not a scam but there is something else going on either with your bank or on Tesco side. Make a complaint to Tesco and follow the complaints procedure. Hopefully you'll get a resolution.
    What bank are you with btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement