Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip off?

Options
  • 13-05-2018 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi,

I went to a place to fix my shoes as one of them needs some glue in the front.

The guy said he had to replace both external soles and that it would cost me 30€.

Using some glue wouldn't solve the problem? (See attached images)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How much were the shoes worth to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

He's probably right in the sense that the glue would only work for a short time - the structure of the sole is degraded to a point where the glue hasn't much to stick to anyway.
    I suppose you could bring them along to another cobbler and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

How much were the shoes worth to start with?

110€ plus i bought cleaners and polishers for about 25€.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

tendjose wrote: »
    110€ plus i bought cleaners and polishers for about 25€.

How long have you had them? Might be worth emailing the company with pics if you haven't had them long - they might be able to suggest best repair or even offer a free or reduced price replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

dee_mc wrote: »
    How long have you had them? Might be worth emailing the company with pics if you haven't had them long - they might be able to suggest best repair or even offer a free or reduced price replacement.
    2 years

• Advertisement
Advertisement