Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Calgary Canada

Options
  • 13-05-2018 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all

I am moving to Calgary Canada.

Any advice/tips before I head over ?!

Where are the best neighbourhoods to live ? Which recruitment agencies should I sign up with ?

I plan to buy all my winter gear over there ... what are the winters like ? I can't even imagine how cold it will be ?

What's the night life like? Any decent restaurants ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

pippin123 wrote: »
    Hi all

Where are the best neighbourhoods to live ? Which recruitment agencies should I sign up with ?

I plan to buy all my winter gear over there ... what are the winters like ? I can't even imagine how cold it will be ?

My mate lives there and he loves it. Got PR and is never coming home.

Holiday Ski town of Banff is an hour drive away.

Yes, brutal winters in Calgary -40 C but there infrastructure is built for it so life goes on.

Deadly nightlife with bars and restaurants a plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

jme2010 wrote: »
    My mate lives there and he loves it. Got PR and is never coming home.

Holiday Ski town of Banff is an hour drive away.

Yes, brutal winters in Calgary -40 C but there infrastructure is built for it so life goes on.

Deadly nightlife with bars and restaurants a plenty

Deadly nightlife may be a slight exaggeration. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

el diablo wrote: »
    Deadly nightlife may be a slight exaggeration. :p

To each there own I suppose. I had a friend go over and visit him and he had a blast. Rodeo, bars, banff. They are usually the life of the party by themselves so that might help haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

pippin123 wrote: »
    Hi all

Southeast and southwest of the city and close to downtown you'll find plenty of nice neighbourhoods. Yes, winter are cold (-40°C is quite rare though) but manageable. Not sure on the recruitment agency side of things.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pippin123

Great ! Thank so much for your feedback !

• Advertisement
Advertisement