Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Install

Options
  • 13-05-2018 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I need to get eir broadband installed at a large rural yard which is set off the road. Eir have said 1000meg is available to me and the engineers have been out before and there's always a dispute over how to install it which resulted in them going and never coming back on two occasions. 

One proposed that the cable comes off the pole at the gate, down the road in front of the building and then comes into the site along the side (about 750m) and into the office, which I was fine with until a different engineer arrived and said I would loose a tonne of speed due to the length of the additional cabling.

I understood that the whole point of fibre glass cable is that it doesn't loose speed. Can someone enlighten me please and thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Bendihorse wrote: »
    I need to get eir broadband installed at a large rural yard which is set off the road. Eir have said 1000meg is available to me and the engineers have been out before and there's always a dispute over how to install it which resulted in them going and never coming back on two occasions. 

One proposed that the cable comes off the pole at the gate, down the road in front of the building and then comes into the site along the side (about 750m) and into the office, which I was fine with until a different engineer arrived and said I would loose a tonne of speed due to the length of the additional cabling.

I understood that the whole point of fibre glass cable is that it doesn't loose speed. Can someone enlighten me please and thanks.
    Hi Bendihorse, 

I'm sorry to hear the issues you are having. 

The speed of the service can depend on how it is installed and other factors. If you have an order in place the customer care team on 1901 (residential) or 1800 601 701 (business) will be able to investigate this for you. If no order is currently in place they will be able to advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement