Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying cd's

Options
  • 13-05-2018 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Looking to buy indie and dance cd's online.Hmv only post to English addresses.Tower records are to expensive.Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Looking to buy indie and dance cd's online.Hmv only post to English addresses.Tower records are to expensive.Any ideas?

Parcelmotel, parcelwizard, addresspal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

There are Irish websites like adverts.ie where you can buy cds. I sell a lot of cds for cheap myself, although no dance and not much indie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Have you tried Amazon or ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Amazon. Free delivery over €25. And no sniffy record shop staff to judge you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Amazon. Free delivery over €25. And no sniffy record shop staff to judge you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Lml

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The former CDWow (now under a new name) is still active. https://www.ie.wowhd.com/ Wouldn't be the cheapest, though. EBay is another option.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh, now that you mention charity shops, you reminded me of CeX, they'd have a fair few as well. And Dealz (at least the bigger ones).

EDIT: Actually, scrap CeX, they don't seem to stock them any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

sugarman wrote: »
    Have a rummage in charity shops, they're only a few cents.. most people, myself included, have dumped their entire collections into them.
    Heh. All I can say is be aware in case there's something of value in your music collection before dumping them somewhere.

I found a copy of Soundtracks for the Blind by Swans in Gamestop for only a couple of euro, back when they were stocking second-hand CDs. This is an original 1996 issue with cardboard sleeve. Copies of this go for well over €100 on ebay.

I found some original/vintage David Bowie records in a charity shop, I got them for a pittance. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement