Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    We need mod clarification

Thats not going to happen if they want to create paranoia

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

We don't know about tasks either way so it would be silly to dismiss them as a possibility. Especially if, as people are purporting, we have "nothing" to go on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    We don't know about tasks either way so it would be silly to dismiss them as a possibility. Especially if, as people are purporting, we have "nothing" to go on.

This is usually a wolf cop out to shoddy FFAs / votes on day 1

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Lots of fights and accusations very early on in this game - gonna be a good one!

The no munch was interesting - there has been no mention of tasks but could the wolves of had a secret task and failed? Or is it just the mods not wanting to kill someone so early in the game. Either way its good for us as a village to still have an extra player in the game.

Here in fact. Not an accusation of anything but just making sure I didn't imagine it.

Liam WW wrote:
    This is usually a wolf cop out to shoddy FFAs / votes on day 1

I'm taking notes on that score.

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Someone further up mentioned that as the first kill wasn't a player, than maybe the Wolves had failed a task. Not sure the logic lines up but am open to correction.

I suppose they have a point.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

As the sun rose on this fine morning in the Wild West, humans and hosts wandered round the park. Some gentlefolk were seen coming in and out of the Mariposa Salon, we wonder what they were up to...

Dorlores Abernathy woke as usual, she walked downstairs and headed outside, her Daddy Peter was sitting on his favourite chair watching the sun come up.

"Morning Daddy, did you sleep well?" she asked as she did every morning.
    "Well enough" said Peter Abernathy "You headed out to set down some of this natural splender?"

"Thought I might" says Dolores

And the day has begun.

In Sweetwater, everything seemed as it should be. Folks walking about town, damage from the previous day sorted and all the people in place.

Deputy Foss took a ride out of town, looking over the area as he usually did.
    Lying at the bottom of the creek was a body, he rode down. When he got there he seemed not to know what to do about it. A decapitated female body was laying in a twisted position with her trousers ripped off and her panties tossed aside.

He went back to town and spoke to the Sheriff, standing beside the Sheriff was Bernard. He went to investigate along with one of the staff from Delos. They knew something wasn't right as there were no hosts down from the control panels.

Bernard went down the creek, he found a head not far from the body. The head had been scalped. The two looked at each other, this was not an AI. This was a human who had been killed.

screen-shot-2018-04-21-at-10-39-00-pm-2-e1524376602405.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780
    They radioed the control room and a buggy came out with a body bag and the body was taken back in.

The body was of one of their employees. Maling her name was.

There would be a meeting later, things need to be checked. What has gone wrong in the park and what was she doing out there?
    Someone further up mentioned that as the first kill wasn't a player, than maybe the Wolves had failed a task. Not sure the logic lines up but am open to correction.
    Here in fact. Not an accusation of anything but just making sure I didn't imagine it.

There was a munch, Maling is dead.
    This talk of failed tasks is distracting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    I am of the opinion that until there is a death, nothing anybody says can be seen as wolfy. Everyone is just saying stuff right now to pass the time.

This jumps out to me as a little bit odd. I mean, there's been quite a bit of discussion, quite a few back and forths, (and apologies if this has already been brought up) yet nothing jumps out....
    I’ll do an ffa but will probably commit to it later on in the day.

And then Frankie Goes to Hollywood is going to do an FFA based of in his words... nothing...

I'm just confused as to why the narrative (to me) seems to change..

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Off the wall, where’s your head at, possibilities for tasks incoming....
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Thank this post if you like onion rings

3rd post by Conor. The other two were advising how to not see ads on boards.

This was thanked once. Could a task have been to get X amount of thanks?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    There was a munch, Maling is dead.
    This talk of failed tasks is distracting.

So who the feck is Maling?

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    My post suggests nothing of the sort. I’ve already explained my thought process but I’ll leavebit to the group to judge how it came across. I will be keeping an eye on you however mate

You claim it suggests nothing of the sort (ie you didnt twist fionas words)

Heres the exchange again followed by your defense:
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Top o the morning to ya jake. At least if it's quiet that means less for people to have to catch up on and less of an excuse for quiet wolves to use.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    Explain to me how people not talking is good in a game like this again?

She never said people are not talking was good for the game, she was IMO just finding a positive in the current game play with so few posts thus far at that time.

Its the way you worded the post that strikes me as odd, the condesncing tone was unwarranted here. Attacking Fiona is too strong a word here, but theres a bit of venom in your post or at least thats how it reads.

Whatever you intention, it just stuck with me as I read it.

Doris WW wrote: »
    This jumps out to me as a little bit odd. I mean, there's been quite a bit of discussion, quite a few back and forths, (and apologies if this has already been brought up) yet nothing jumps out....

And then Frankie Goes to Hollywood is going to do an FFA based of in his words... nothing...

Because FFAs give us some clues to voting patterns later in the game?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I assume what's happened is that the mods have decided to start the game with a lynch rather than a munch. So a NPC has been killed first as a way to start the story off but the first actual action from the players will be a lynch tonight.

Not my favourite way of starting a game but it's the mods decision so we have to go with it.

Isla WW wrote: »
    I assume what's happened is that the mods have decided to start the game with a lynch rather than a munch. So a NPC has been killed first as a way to start the story off but the first actual action from the players will be a lynch tonight.

Not my favourite way of starting a game but it's the mods decision so we have to go with it.

Does it not contradict this rule though?

16) Lynches will take place at 9pm, munches at 10am, and SK kills at 9pm also. First scheduled action will be a wolf munch on Monday 10am.

Doris WW wrote: »

My take on Franks situation is that he will commit to an FFA when its later in the day when more would have happened.

That said if we all had Franks attitude, we would get no where as "whats the point" eh Frank?

Id be more worried about Franks general play thus far. Nothing to lynch him on to be fair to him, but 27 posts and nothing, no thoughst on others, just fluff posting and "whats the point, its day one"

Doris, while your here.......

Any thoughts or minor suspects yet?

Whats your take on Henrys exhange with Fiona and then with me?

Am I being too hard on him?

Because FFAs give us some clues to voting patterns later in the game?

There are 4 WW's and 14 other players (13 village and 1 SK) so I don't think there's a massive amount to be gained from analysing FFS's or voting patterns at this stage in the game. Wolves these days are more clever than that. They're not gonna be obvious.

16) Lynches will take place at 9pm, munches at 10am, and SK kills at 9pm also. First scheduled action will be a wolf munch on Monday 10am.

Yes it does but seeing as how the mods haven't clarified anything, we have to assume that this is what happened and this rule was a red herring. There's no mention of tasks so I wouldn't think that's what has happened here. If they failed a task there would've been no kill at all, not a token 'Human' death.

I have my methods, Liam, you have yours.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    So who the feck is Maling?

Maling = Maling_Head.jpeg

I was about to quote that also.

Either the mods are messing with us or the wolves didn't get a kill this morning for some reason or another.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

So it could be that a munch was deflected on to an NPC because a task failed? With so few Roles maybe Tasks are a thing, but how would we know? If we can't know is it safe to proceed excluding them?

Anything is possible. That’s the problem. ****ed if I know

These 4 need to get more involved:

Mary WW 8
    Eva WW 6
    Conor WW 4
    Orla WW 3

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    My take on Franks situation is that he will commit to an FFA when its later in the day when more would have happened.

That said if we all had Franks attitude, we would get no where as "whats the point" eh Frank?

Id be more worried about Franks general play thus far. Nothing to lynch him on to be fair to him, but 27 posts and nothing, no thoughst on others, just fluff posting and "whats the point, its day one"

Doris, while your here.......

Any thoughts or minor suspects yet?

Whats your take on Henrys exhange with Fiona and then with me?

Am I being too hard on him?

I actually responded to Henry at the time which is why I haven't commented on it, providing (in my eyes) only - a similar counter argument to yours, phrased a little differently perhaps.

Being too hard? Nah - never :pac::pac:

But yeah, basically that's my thoughts on it. It's good to have an open mind, and I like your line of thinking.

#FFA1

Isla - Super quiet all morning, first to post after munch, logged in, quietly watching? Asks does anyone wolfy wanna confess - a bit suspect and shifts attention in jokey way. Claims nothing to go on - FFA cop out? Claims FFA analysis wont catch wolves as they are too smart
    Katie - Quiet all morning, comes in and says my offer was meaningless and is virtue banking. Defensive when I accuse her of saying something without actually saying something. Admitted casting doubt on me was bandwagoning and she was following Frank.
    Frank - Posted big bad wolf verse - tasky, asked who wanted to volunteer for lynch. I.e. 'I (frank) wont do it, someone else should (essentially looking to virtue bank without putting his neck on the line) Focuses on Liam after Liam's big post. Flutes about a bit on thread with jokes. 'probably do an FFA but will commit to it later'. Bandwagoner? Claims he doesnt have any leads lunchtime - FFA cop out?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

Isla - Super quiet all morning, first to post after munch, logged in, quietly watching? Asks does anyone wolfy wanna confess - a bit suspect and shifts attention in jokey way. Claims nothing to go on - FFA cop out? Claims FFA analysis wont catch wolves as they are too smart
    Katie - Quiet all morning, comes in and says my offer was meaningless and is virtue banking. Defensive when I accuse her of saying something without actually saying something. Admitted casting doubt on me was bandwagoning and she was following Frank.
    Frank - Posted big bad wolf verse - tasky, asked who wanted to volunteer for lynch. I.e. 'I (frank) wont do it, someone else should (essentially looking to virtue bank without putting his neck on the line) Focuses on Liam after Liam's big post. Flutes about a bit on thread with jokes. 'probably do an FFA but will commit to it later'. Bandwagoner? Claims he doesnt have any leads lunchtime - FFA cop out?

Oooh you're quick off the bat there Nidge! Don't be that guy who puts people on an FFA because they're quiet during the day. Has it crossed your mind that I popped in before I started work, during my 10am break, and now during my lunch?
    FFA cop out? I said I'd do one didn't I? Did I? (I'm doubting myself now)
    And saying that wolves are smart means nothing. Was kinda waiting to see if anyone jumped on that so congratulations.

Wtf does virtue bank mean?

When did "virtue banking" become a thing?

Oooh you're quick off the bat there Nidge! Don't be that guy who puts people on an FFA because they're quiet during the day. Has it crossed your mind that I popped in before I started work, during my 10am break, and now during my lunch?
    FFA cop out? I said I'd do one didn't I? Did I? (I'm doubting myself now)
    And saying that wolves are smart means nothing. Was kinda waiting to see if anyone jumped on that so congratulations.

You were the first person to post straight off the bat. The timing is suspect, Wolves know what is going to happen at the munch, so typically sit around waiting for it to happen.

• Advertisement

Wtf does virtue bank mean?

Doing something seemingly noble to make yourself look good. Doing something so that later on in the game you can point back at it and say 'look at that good thing i did, sure thats in the bank'
    When did "virtue banking" become a thing?

Im making it a thing. Its better than 'doing something good to look good so you can say you did a good thing later'.

Advertisement