Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    There are 4 WW's and 14 other players (13 village and 1 SK) so I don't think there's a massive amount to be gained from analysing FFS's or voting patterns at this stage in the game. Wolves these days are more clever than that. They're not gonna be obvious.

Ffa is for information later. The more wolves have to post the more information we get to find them. We’re unlikely to spot one on tonight’s ffa but if we pool that over 2-3 nights we may see a pattern emerge

That said I’m suspicious of anyone too eager to ffa straight away. We have very little to go on given no kills and a quiet Sunday so anyone whose hunting wolves should be letting the day evolve a bit I think

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

#FFA1

Nigel - he’s willing to take one for the team so if I have no real reads on who could be a baddy, I’d rather Nigel lynch than the possibility of one of our two roled villagers.

Conor - the “thank this post if you like onion rings” post could have been a task. It was only thanked once and their was no proper munch this morning.

Ewan - flying under the radar with just filler posts. Nothing antagonising in what he says. This is how an SK would play.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I do apologise Katie i misread my notes. You said that at lunchtime, and i misread that you would do one at lunchtime. In fairness to you, that is my mistake.

Im not intentionally being a dick. If you cant handle some scrutiny you are playing the wrong game.

I can handle scrutiny and once is a mistake, twice is malicious IMO.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Guys, not to be too meta but I won’t be around much today cause working. Prob be after 10 before I can catch up and properly interact.

This won’t be the case for the week so please just factor this in when you are deciding whatever for tonight!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    No one said it was, your commenting on me being missing and I'm telling you why! You've misrepresented me twice today. You'll comfortably make my FFA for this evening, up until your last two posts about me I was happy enough with your line of questioning and it came across villagery. To lie about me twice is not a villagery play however.

As mentioned previously, I'll have mine up before 7

Well the FFA one was a mistake i admitted to and apologised for. Dont accept the apology - no skin off my nose.

The other one, you misunderstood me, but i wasnt lying. You have claimed i misrepresented you by saying you are bandwagoning but you misunderstand. You weren't bandwagoning with Frank, you were doing it against Frank with tother posters.

Using their hunches, which they posted first to ensure i wasnt cleared, without actually reading my posts at all. You took their argument without doing any research through my posts yourself. That is bandwagony behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

We do get value out of a Nigel lynch,
    if he turns out to be a wolf, i seriously doubt he bussed any wolves in very first FFA of FFA1.
    Wolves do early FFAs to try to steer people onto bandwagons, so,
    if Nigel is a wolf, Isla, Katie and Frank can be put into not wolf, could be SK pile.

Holly WW wrote: »
    if he turns out to be a wolf, i seriously doubt he bussed any wolves in very first FFA of FFA1.
    if Nigel is a wolf, Isla, Katie and Frank can be put into not wolf, could be SK pile.

Oh can they?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    There are 4 WW's and 14 other players (13 village and 1 SK) so I don't think there's a massive amount to be gained from analysing FFS's or voting patterns at this stage in the game. Wolves these days are more clever than that. They're not gonna be obvious.

We don't have voting patterns or FFAs yet, its for D3 or D4 we look back at them. No days votes mean much on their own, that's why we analyse patterns. The earlier we get the info the better.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

Nigel - he’s willing to take one for the team so if I have no real reads on who could be a baddy, I’d rather Nigel lynch than the possibility of one of our two roled villagers.

Conor - the “thank this post if you like onion rings” post could have been a task. It was only thanked once and their was no proper munch this morning.

Ewan - flying under the radar with just filler posts. Nothing antagonising in what he says. This is how an SK would play.
    #FFA1

Isla - Super quiet all morning, first to post after munch, logged in, quietly watching? Asks does anyone wolfy wanna confess - a bit suspect and shifts attention in jokey way. Claims nothing to go on - FFA cop out? Claims FFA analysis wont catch wolves as they are too smart
    Katie - Quiet all morning, comes in and says my offer was meaningless and is virtue banking. Defensive when I accuse her of saying something without actually saying something. Admitted casting doubt on me was bandwagoning and she was following Frank.
    Frank - Posted big bad wolf verse - tasky, asked who wanted to volunteer for lynch. I.e. 'I (frank) wont do it, someone else should (essentially looking to virtue bank without putting his neck on the line) Focuses on Liam after Liam's big post. Flutes about a bit on thread with jokes. 'probably do an FFA but will commit to it later'. Bandwagoner? Claims he doesnt have any leads lunchtime - FFA cop out?

I get that with taskes not confirmed or denied yet, they could be in play potentially.

But what would the taskes be for?

There was no munch, so it wasnt to get a kill.

Not saying you guys havent spotted taskes, but what could these taskes be for?

Villagers do early FFAs on D1 when there is nothing else to go on.

EVEN IF i was a wolf (im not) and i was trying to start a bandwagon through the FFAs, the village would be able to get a pattern from this on D2, 3 and 4.

It would be utterly stupid for me to instigate the FFAs this early and tenaciously if i was a wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Oh can they?

Would you bus your teammates in the very first ffa on day 1?

Liam WW wrote: »
    I get that with taskes not confirmed or denied yet, they could be in play potentially.

But what would the taskes be for?

There was no munch, so it wasnt to get a kill.

Not saying you guys havent spotted taskes, but what could these taskes be for?

Calling it here. Misspelling 'tasks' 4 times in a post is deffo a micksjaguar special.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I wouldn't be putting anyone into any categories for now but having said that I'll also have an ffa for you to tear apart soon. You've gotten more talkative while I was out so will double check the last few pages first

Would you bus your teammates in the very first ffa on day 1?

If i was a wolf, i wouldnt be pushing FFAs this hard either way. Id be sitting back and scoping out how everything is going. Risky plays by wolves on D1 when there are only (i assume) 4 of them gets wolves killed.

I cant believe im saying this but im too much of a loose cannon maverick renegade to be a wolf.

To get the first kill Liam.

As you’ve said, there may not be any tasks at all but without an explanation from the mods as to why there wasn’t a munch, we’re guessing those reasons as well as who may be a baddy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

#FFA1

Isla - Super quiet all morning, first to post after munch, logged in, quietly watching? Asks does anyone wolfy wanna confess - a bit suspect and shifts attention in jokey way. Claims nothing to go on - FFA cop out? Claims FFA analysis wont catch wolves as they are too smart
    Katie - Quiet all morning, comes in and says my offer was meaningless and is virtue banking. Defensive when I accuse her of saying something without actually saying something. Admitted casting doubt on me was bandwagoning and she was following Frank.
    Frank - Posted big bad wolf verse - tasky, asked who wanted to volunteer for lynch. I.e. 'I (frank) wont do it, someone else should (essentially looking to virtue bank without putting his neck on the line) Focuses on Liam after Liam's big post. Flutes about a bit on thread with jokes. 'probably do an FFA but will commit to it later'. Bandwagoner? Claims he doesnt have any leads lunchtime - FFA cop out?

Be very careful about early FFAs, this is how bandwagons start - ironically what you're accusing Frank and Katie are doing :pac:

Also people are allowed to be quiet, it's the middle of a Monday!
    #FFA1

I dunno about you Frank, you said earlier you'd post an FFA later in the day, then come racing out in second place with one.

Curiouser and curiouser about you I grow...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Do we get "value" if everyone lumps on Nigel, rendering it impossible to look at votes later in the game to work out voting patterns?

I’m curious about you too, sweet cheeks ;)

So lets say hes a wolf right, and puts himself forward for lynch.

Why?

Well it could be to, as the kids now say, Bank Virtue. (I like the phrase). Nigel says it early on in a meaningless chesture to bluff himself goodie points.

But it bankfires and hes lynched.

Possible I guess.

I wouldnt discount his FFA to not have wolves on it, wolves can easily throw 1 or more fellow wolves to throw people off the scent.

With regards to me, i would suggest that if someone (cough Katie cough) has a genuine grievance against me, put me on your FFA.

Dont put me there because i volunteered (people who do this are suss).

IF, at 8pm we dont have consensus on who to kill, thats when you keep the FFAs for future use, ignore them for now and just kill me off.

• Advertisement

Calling it here. Misspelling 'tasks' 4 times in a post is deffo a micksjaguar special.

A Mick Special, I love it.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Do we get "value" if everyone lumps on Nigel, rendering it impossible to look at votes later in the game to work out voting patterns?

I did say this earlier, its a bad move.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

If i was a wolf, i wouldnt be pushing FFAs this hard either way. Id be sitting back and scoping out how everything is going. Risky plays by wolves on D1 when there are only (i assume) 4 of them gets wolves killed.

I cant believe im saying this but im too much of a loose cannon maverick renegade to be a wolf.

told myself I wouldn't use too many gifs after the way discussion went earlier, it's not easy though

FFA#1

1. Frank, very quick to put Nigel in team village and had his wolf verse, strikes me as the talkative wolf for some reason.
    2. Henry, didn't sit well with me the way I felt he twisted a comment by me and made it a discussion point.
    3. Conor, a post looking for thanks seems potentially tasky to me but not enough to lynch

atm I am leaning towards Nigel not being a wolf and therefore he is no.4 on my list but I have no problem if the village want to go that way as he is in no way cleared and should not be treated like he is at any point going forward unless a seer checks him or something.

It is still very early on Day 1 though so I understand that the people on my list can legit fight back (hopefully without just attacking me) cos I don't know for certain any of them are dodgy this early

Well the FFA one was a mistake i admitted to and apologised for. Dont accept the apology - no skin off my nose.

The other one, you misunderstood me, but i wasnt lying. You have claimed i misrepresented you by saying you are bandwagoning but you misunderstand. You weren't bandwagoning with Frank, you were doing it against Frank with tother posters.

Using their hunches, which they posted first to ensure i wasnt cleared, without actually reading my posts at all. You took their argument without doing any research through my posts yourself. That is bandwagony behaviour.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057871556/23/#post106992403

This is my initial response to Frank, a hole 6 minutes after he posted. It was me pointing out you weren't cleared as a result of your offer and we could look at contingency later.

No misunderstanding your FFA says that I said I was following Frank and I admitted to bandwagoning. None of which happened.
    #FFA1

So two seperate posts were you've misrepresented what I've said, you should probably keep better notes Nidgy

But sure, thats what a wolf pulling a stunt like you would want us to think

Tinfoil hats at the ready :)

I’m still not buying Nigel as a wolf. Definitely NOT the SK.

My only concern is targeting our roled villagers. We only have 2 so if it’s a toss up between a certain (in my mind) NRV Nigel and a player I’m not really sure on (based on no kills so far), I’m going with the safer option.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I’m curious about you too, sweet cheeks ;)

tenor.gif?itemid=4305709

I’m still not buying Nigel as a wolf. Definitely NOT the SK.

My only concern is targeting our roled villagers. We only have 2 so if it’s a toss up between a certain (in my mind) NRV Nigel and a player I’m not really sure on (based on no kills so far), I’m going with the safer option.

I kind of wasn't either up until about the last hour, some of his posts have now changed my mind somewhat

Katie WW wrote: »
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057871556/23/#post106992403

This is my initial response to Frank, a hole 6 minutes after he posted. It was me pointing out you weren't cleared as a result of your offer and we could look at contingency later.

No misunderstanding your FFA says that I said I was following Frank and I admitted to bandwagoning. None of which happened.

So two seperate posts were you've misrepresented what I've said, you should probably keep better notes Nidgy

I need to slow down when making them - agree with you there. Sentiment remains. You make accusations and assertions without doing any of the legwork and latched onto what others (not Frank) were saying.

Thought you had work to do, pal?

• Advertisement

Advertisement