Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

The whole Onion Rings thing seems to fit more and more in my mind. I could see the first munch being task dependent. I've played games where that was in effect previously.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Thank this post if you like onion rings
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Thank this post if you are not a wolf or serial killer
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    told myself I wouldn't use too many gifs after the way discussion went earlier, it's not easy though

FFA#1

1. Frank, very quick to put Nigel in team village and had his wolf verse, strikes me as the talkative wolf for some reason.
    2. Henry, didn't sit well with me the way I felt he twisted a comment by me and made it a discussion point.
    3. Conor, a post looking for thanks seems potentially tasky to me but not enough to lynch

atm I am leaning towards Nigel not being a wolf and therefore he is no.4 on my list but I have no problem if the village want to go that way as he is in no way cleared and should not be treated like he is at any point going forward unless a seer checks him or something.

It is still very early on Day 1 though so I understand that the people on my list can legit fight back (hopefully without just attacking me) cos I don't know for certain any of them are dodgy this early

Why Conor and not Tegan? Can you explain how your reasoning for Conor does not apply to Tegan? How come Tegan does not get on your list?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057871556/23/#post106992403

This is my initial response to Frank, a hole 6 minutes after he posted. It was me pointing out you weren't cleared as a result of your offer and we could look at contingency later.

No misunderstanding your FFA says that I said I was following Frank and I admitted to bandwagoning. None of which happened.

So two seperate posts were you've misrepresented what I've said, you should probably keep better notes Nidgy

Wgats he misrepresenting

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    The whole Onion Rings thing seems to fit more and more in my mind. I could see the first munch being task dependent. I've played games where that was in effect previously.

Ah man, if you think it’s a task then I’m changing my mind :p

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

The main reason Conor made my FFA, that said a wolf would try to steer under the radar in their other posts if attempting a task so him not doing much else could actually fit. Not much to go on right now but hopefully more FFAs and peoples responses to them will open up discussion.

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    Why Conor and not Tegan? Can you explain how your reasoning for Conor does not apply to Tegan? How come Tegan does not get on your list?

Because im on Franks FFA too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I need to slow down when making them - agree with you there. Sentiment remains. You make accusations and assertions without doing any of the legwork and latched onto what others (not Frank) were saying.

Thought you had work to do, pal?

Did you look at the link, I posted one minute after Riona who said similar, her post wasn't there when I replied. So no I didn't latch on to what others were saying. I responded live as I read what went up. Nothing in what i said is in anyway controversial or even damaging to you but you dove in two footed. You then said I admitted to something I didn't. I'm all good with what I've posted.

I do have work to do but as you said earlier, nothing to do with the game!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Day One FFA

Where its usually all complete BS

Did you look at the link, I posted one minute after Riona who said similar, her post wasn't there when I replied. So no I didn't latch on to what others were saying. I responded live as I read what went up. Nothing in what i said is in anyway controversial or even damaging to you but you dove in two footed. You then said I admitted to something I didn't. I'm all good with what I've posted.

I do have work to do but as you said earlier, nothing to do with the game!

The link leads to a full page. I dont know what you are trying to show me?

Mostly cos Conor was first. Could both be doing the same task but the mimic would be the one I would go for second and as Conor only got no.3 I left Tegan off. Actually have her/him as no.5 in my list of only 5 though for this exact reason. Actually thought not mentioning Nigel after what he has said would have drawn more interest hence me making him no.4 so I could elude to my thinking re him atm.

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Day One FFA

Its good for reactions and its good to future use.

Everyone should do an FFA today. Why not? It takes a few minutes and helps the village in the long run.

meant both could not could both

no edit FTL

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Day One FFA

I tend to agree. Yet, my dear Tegan your very first post was an FFA :pac::pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Because im on Franks FFA too

Good point!
    Frank WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

Nigel - he’s willing to take one for the team so if I have no real reads on who could be a baddy, I’d rather Nigel lynch than the possibility of one of our two roled villagers.

Conor - the “thank this post if you like onion rings” post could have been a task. It was only thanked once and their was no proper munch this morning.

Ewan - flying under the radar with just filler posts. Nothing antagonising in what he says. This is how an SK would play.

I feel the village has moved to FFAs earlier than usual but I have no issue as even if we don't get much from it now it could be handy in later rounds and sure until someone makes themselves the center of discussion at least that (discussion) is kept going by the FFAs

Wgats he misrepresenting

He said I'd promised an FFA at lunchtime which i didnt. (No accepted he made a mistake)

He then said I admitted to following what Frank said and bandwagoning. (He's now saying he didnt mean Frank)

Conor nothing is meant by putting you 3rd on a day 1 FFA but considering you have less posts than a mod atm and have done a post that people have flagged as being tasky I think that is fair enough.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Good point!

Cos she doesn’t. I never took her post as anything other than messing. I even thanked it

The link leads to a full page. I dont know what you are trying to show me?

Sorry I'm on mobile, I'm trying to show you Frank posted, I replied 6 mins later. Hardly bandwagoning, Riona said similar to me one minute before. What I'm basically saying is I was effectively one of the first to reply but you keep saying I'm bandwagoning and following others when I'm not. As the Don would say, it's fake news!

He said I'd promised an FFA at lunchtime which i didnt. (No accepted he made a mistake)

He then said I admitted to following what Frank said and bandwagoning. (He's now saying he didnt mean Frank)

You followed WHAT Frank said with bandwagonging on what Fiona and Riona had said. Jaysus here are the quotes. Would you calm yourself down. Its 1 d1 FFA.
    Frank WW wrote: »
    I doubt a wolf would self sacrifice so I’m putting Nigel in the NRV camp. We don’t really have anything to go on so would it not be better to vote him than take out our roled villagers at random?
    It's possible that person is not too bothered about the game cos they are busy irl but I would not be trusting anyone offering themselves up at this stage. Anyone questioned at this stage will say they are NRV but if I was a NRV I would not be advocating we kill me as I would know that equals zero chance of killing a baddie and thats what I want.
    Riona WW wrote: »
    It's easy at the start of a game to say "kill me" when no one takes it serious and starts looking for subtle slips of the tongue instead.

Players wave it off and go "yes yes whatever, now... So and so mentioned dog hair on the sofa, but what if it's wolf hair??"

For the rest of the game you can point back to how you were willing to sacrifice as proof of your virtue.
    Bit early in the day to be railroading a vote on a villager. No problem with this strategy at 8pm but at this point it's premature.

Also it's doesn't clear Nigel at all, his sacrifice offer this early in the day also means very very little

You then admitted to making the above post without having read my post. So NOT DOING THE LEGWORK. Get down off your high horse. You are as suspect as anyone. Stop being indignant about it.
    Man stop shouting, it looks like it's only me and you here today! It's not good for the heart, chill my man. I didn't see your post stating that, I only seen a post by someone else stating that you were putting yourself forward for sacrifice.

I responded to Frank who was saying you were effectively clear by disagreeing with him and pointing out why you weren't clear and what the strategy should be. You want to live in a vacuum and talk to yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Do we get "value" if everyone lumps on Nigel, rendering it impossible to look at votes later in the game to work out voting patterns?

^^^^ this! Even mislynches add value if the baddies are forced to contribute to the effort to get there. A consensus lynch makes no sense at this stage of the day

Conor nothing is meant by putting you 3rd on a day 1 FFA but considering you have less posts than a mod atm and have done a post that people have flagged as being tasky I think that is fair enough.

Is your FFA weighted? I understand the suspicion im always gonna q it

Ah lads come on now. Eva, Henry; read the thread. Thats our contingency for later on if we dont have anything else solid.

You are wasting time trying to convince us not to do something we arent doing yet.

As i said previously:
    With regards to me, i would suggest that if someone (cough Katie cough) has a genuine grievance against me, put me on your FFA.

Dont put me there because i volunteered (people who do this are suss).

IF, at 8pm we dont have consensus on who to kill, thats when you keep the FFAs for future use, ignore them for now and just kill me off.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    ^^^^ this! Even mislynches add value if the baddies are forced to contribute to the effort to get there. A consensus lynch makes no sense at this stage of the day

It's why my main suspicions would be heavily on anyone who was for it at the moment.

If Nigel is a goody, the baddies will be thrilled to see us sacrifice him and destroy any chance of vote analysis.

Is your FFA weighted? I understand the suspicion im always gonna q it

I usually weight mine because people might interpret it that way anyway. That said I did also admit it's early on day 1 so even though im not usually a late voter I could do another FFA especially if people start acting up in a similarily tasky type way as my line of thinking could still easily change.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Ah lads come on now. Eva, Henry; read the thread. Thats our contingency for later on if we dont have anything else solid.

You are wasting time trying to convince us not to do something we arent doing yet.

As i said previously:

The problem is, the second the idea is floated, a load of people will switch off or stop looking for wolves, since it's a plan on a day when plans are tough to formulate.

Anyway. Won't be voting for you on FFA or Vote regardless.

My main suspicion right now is Tegan.

Eva, Henry.

Alternatives? Hit someone at random and hope they arent a roled goodie?

The problem is, the second the idea is floated, a load of people will switch off or stop looking for wolves, since it's a plan on a day when plans are tough to formulate.

Will you do us an FFA there please?

Why Tegan?

• Advertisement

You followed WHAT Frank said with bandwagonging on what Fiona and Riona had said. Jaysus here are the quotes. Would you calm yourself down. Its 1 d1 FFA.

You then admitted to making the above post without having read my post. So NOT DOING THE LEGWORK. Get down off your high horse. You are as suspect as anyone. Stop being indignant about it.

Haha high horse, did you tbink of that one yourself? I actually said I've no problem with being on your FFA for apparently bandwagoning, I'm merely pointing out that you've lied about what I said on a couple of occasions, it would be foolish to not point this out now. As I said earlier I was replying directly to Frank to say why you or anyone else wouldn't be cleared by offering to "sacrifice" themselves.

Anyway the crux of it is you lied twice and I'm happy to leave it there!

PS: I asked earlier could ya stop shouting? Your gonna take years of your life getting wound up :)

Advertisement