Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Really dislike Ewan as a name. Sounds like a welsh sheep.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    They be shaking trees. That's it.

Thought that was your job! Any thoughts?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    BUGGER!

Lads, this post was mine. I switched computers but apparently accidently logged into an account I had access to previously. My utter sincerest apologies to whoever is Liam this game.

I don't know if mods need to do something about it but I wanted full disclosure there. I didn't look at anything within Liam's PMs or stuff, and logged out as soon as I saw what I had done accidently....

Hahahaha. It happens. Surprised it never happened before now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Thought that was your job! Any thoughts?

You possibly wolfie, youre day 0 anger was odd.

After that.......i have ideas.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    How about we scrap the contenigency plan.

Its almost like you want to be lynched?

Now why would someone want to get lynched......... nothing clear in the rather vanilla OP.

If Nigel had a role that gave him, the village or wolves a reward if he gets lynched, then it would make sense.

But Im sure if he did have a role such as that he couldnt tell us and its impossible to know which side he was on.

Voting Nigel seems like a bad move for now.

If hes the above its bad (all my speculation) If hes NRV its a bad move. (just because its a hes not potentailly roled doesnt make it ok either).

Nigel would be in my choices for seer checking though.

Its a **** way of getting yourself lynched, especially when we don't know there's a role to get lynched, just playing like a Liam would have sufficed

Why peek him?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

BUGGER!

Lads, this post was mine. I switched computers but apparently accidently logged into an account I had access to previously. My utter sincerest apologies to whoever is Liam this game.

I don't know if mods need to do something about it but I wanted full disclosure there. I didn't look at anything within Liam's PMs or stuff, and logged out as soon as I saw what I had done accidently....

I noticed it and I reported it straight to the mods.

i wasnt sure if it was a cool game mechanic.

I was liek "I defo didnt write this, whats going on"

Can the mods clarify that this is the case please.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

BUGGER!

Everyone should be changing the password on their current anon account to ensure this doesnt happen. I recommend we all do that now just in case!

BUGGER!

This is why the mods should reset the anon passwords before each game instead of using the same passwords. Although it is stated in the PM's to update your password once you get your account - bold Liam!

Conor WW wrote: »
    Its a **** way of getting yourself lynched, especially when we don't know there's a role to get lynched, just playing like a Liam would have sufficed

Why peek him?

Well being subtle would be the right tact to go about it.......... you cant come out and say LYNCH ME........ FOR THE GOOD OF THE VILLAGE

It looks suspect no?

It was just mere speculation as to why he was so eager to but himself up to lynch.

Why peek him? Hed be one of many choices I have thus far, hes not top of my should be seer peeked list yet. Just a name on it.

Do tell me though what playing like a Liam entails good sir? Imvery interested to hear your take on me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Lol **** happens

Liam4Eva

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Well being subtle would be the right tact to go about it.......... you cant come out and say LYNCH ME........ FOR THE GOOD OF THE VILLAGE

It looks suspect no?

It was just mere speculation as to why he was so eager to but himself up to lynch.

Why peek him? Hed be one of many choices I have thus far, hes not top of my should be seer peeked list yet. Just a name on it.

Do tell me though what playing like a Liam entails good sir? Imvery interested to hear your take on me

Yeah its suss, you're throwing out theroies that don't make much sense imo

Not top if the list but you still call for it?

Playing like a Liam would be to talk, post and question in similar ways to how you've been doing.

Its a joke

Looks like someone is.......*removes sunglasses*.......virtue banking.

Playing like a Liam would be to talk, post and question in similar ways to how you've been doing.

Its a joke

When did I call for it?

Heres our exchange:
    How about we scrap the contenigency plan.

Its almost like you want to be lynched?

Now why would someone want to get lynched......... nothing clear in the rather vanilla OP.

If Nigel had a role that gave him, the village or wolves a reward if he gets lynched, then it would make sense.

But Im sure if he did have a role such as that he couldnt tell us and its impossible to know which side he was on.

Voting Nigel seems like a bad move for now.

If hes the above its bad (all my speculation) If hes NRV its a bad move. (just because its a hes not potentailly roled doesnt make it ok either).

Nigel would be in my choices for seer checking though.

Its a joke

Theres our exhange, look at how I worded it. He was in my list of names.

Twisting my words for your own narrartive?

While we are here, So talk, post and question............. be specfic? Whats so bad about questioning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Game Mod clarification:

Eva's post as Liam was in error. Post will be edited by Real Mod ™ for clarity. No penalties for this error, not further discussion of it please.

All players please change the password for your anon account for the duration of the game. Please change it back at the end of the game

Just to summerise, Nigel calls to lynch himself and sacrifice himself.

I question why he'd do that?

I put out a theory?

Why so defensive of this Conor?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Eva, Henry.

Alternatives? Hit someone at random and hope they arent a roled goodie?

Alternative is do ffas early enough to allow reasonable discussion. Granted we won’t have a lot to go on today but the process to get ffas plus the reasons and voting patterns should help us down the line. Baddies don’t want to engage on game decisions, this process forces them to engage or else to stand out. We have a 2/18 chance of hitting a roled goodie and a 5/18 chance of hitting a roled baddie with this based on zero information- those odds are worth playing imho

Henry WW wrote: »
    Alternative is do ffas early enough to allow reasonable discussion. Granted we won’t have a lot to go on today but the process to get ffas plus the reasons and voting patterns should help us down the line. Baddies don’t want to engage on game decisions, this process forces them to engage or else to stand out. We have a 2/18 chance of hitting a roled goodie and a 5/18 chance of hitting a roled baddie with this based on zero information- those odds are worth playing imho

Ive been saying that since like 11. In fact i proposed that alongside the lynch nigel contingency plan.

Still waiting on plenty of FFAs. Almost 5pm now, so they really should be in.

We set a 7pm deadline maybe? Hopefully someone competant will collate by then?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

If yer talking about FFAs why not just throw em up and out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I leave to take the wee one to a party and all hell breaks loose!

Thanks for sorting Modulator TB :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Ive been saying that since like 11. In fact i proposed that alongside the lynch nigel contingency plan.

Can you keep track of when the ffas come in also. I’m suss of people who are well set in their opinions straight out of the blocks tbh

• Advertisement

FFA

Jake
    Henry
    Frank
    In no particular order.

My reasons :

Jake
    Jake WW wrote: »
    With no priest (that we know off) I assume we get player alignment upon death.

The quoted post in bold caught my attention earlier today before munch. I read it like In a day 0 with arguably total fluff (despite it being a low amount), this just seemed odd before the munch. Now the posts quoted are all fluff, nothing to hang them for, but the bolded posted just seems like a wolf attempt to appear helpful on day 0. The “Ive got nothing to really say so Ill discuss the mechanics in an obvious way” post. I think by the OP its quite obvious we don’t know, yet you until it happens, nothing is gained by starting this discussion if you really are team village. It just sticks out for me as odd. Since then Jake has posted nothing of substance really. As good a name as anyone on day 1 FFA

Henry
    Nothing in first 2 posts, a lot of people have posted fluff…… but then this…….
    Ok, quiet enough first night so far. My guess would be at least one vocal wolf up to now, two who are pattering along and probably one still be post.

Such an odd thing to say on day zero………. Surely there is no way to predict anything. How would you come up with such a prediction? A wolf trying to look “non fluffy” perhaps?

Then Henry posts this in response to Fiona.
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Top o the morning to ya jake. At least if it's quiet that means less for people to have to catch up on and less of an excuse for quiet wolves to use.
    Explain to me how people not talking is good in a game like this again?

I see that as Fiona saying “its easier to read the game and catch up” while Henry twists it, IMO, to say Fiona is advocating not posting. Ive conversed with Henry and he came back that’s not what he meant, but that’s how I read it. Maybe Im wrong but Henry did seem defensive. Doesn’t make him a wolf, but Im uneasy about him. Maybe seeing something that isn’t there but Ive a gut feeling about Henry.

Frank, I asked Frank on his posting style, me thinking hes posting fluff for the sake of it, he comes back with this
    Frank WW wrote: »
    I am of the opinion that until there is a death, nothing anybody says can be seen as wolfy. Everyone is just saying stuff right now to pass the time.
    While he may have a point, I think its very naïve to just write today off and skate by. Nothing wolfy here to be honest, naïve and foolish, potentially.

Then Frank posts this:
    Frank WW wrote: »
    I doubt a wolf would self sacrifice so I’m putting Nigel in the NRV camp. We don’t really have anything to go on so would it not be better to vote him than take out our roled villagers at random?
    I hate clearing people on a whim like this. Sure its not a wolfy move but come on, it hardly clears him either.
    Logic tells me Nigel most likely NRV, if he was a wolf, then he “offered himself up” in the hope he’d look good and people would forget about it. Yet people latched on. I don’t think hes a wolf but hes far FAR from cleared. Im against lynching Nigel tonight and wont be voting thsi way.

Ill most likely vote for one of the top 3 in the FFA list.

Them my reasons, as good as any on day one with no munch.

Can you keep track of when the ffas come in also. I’m suss of people who are well set in their opinions straight out of the blocks tbh

Let me be clear. I have a bad record with FFAs. I will NOT be collating.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

How many FFAs are in already?

Seer checking me is a waste of a peek imo. The seer will do what they want. And if the odds are on the seer checking an NRV, it might as well be me to clear up that i do in fact have good intentions.

Not really,

It gives us a confirmed villager perhaps when a seer comes out if your an NRV.

If I was the Seer, Id consider you based on the offering yourself up for lynch. Id consider others too based on todays posts. No dead cert choice though.

Holly WW wrote: »
    How many FFAs are in already?

Nigel - Isla Katie Frank
    Frank - Nigel Conor Ewan
    Fiona - Frank Henry Conor
    Liam - Jake Henry Frank

Sorry if i missed anyone

4 FFAs by my count

Nigel
    Frank
    Fiona
    Liam

There i got the collation started, but ill be on the road between now and 7, so cant finish it off. If anyone wants to take it on, its just typing #FFA1 into the search bar for this thread and writing down who voted whom in the time order they did it.

#FFA1

Steve - since his burst of posts most of his posts have been related to those. No other real input
    Tegan - majority of her posts have short remarks about nothing really, hasn't give any opinions or assistance at all during the game except the FFA in her first post which she claims was to shake the trees
    Isla - gets very defensive and it against FFA's and analysis even though they may help us in days to come.

I did say I would collate them but if you've all got me on ignore.........

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I arranged the villagers int groups, those i like, those i don't know much about and those that i dislike.
    their were 6 in my dislike pile, so i gave each of those a star.
    Then I searched the thread for the word confuse , it catches confused too.
    It found 3 people, so i gave each of those people a star.
    I also gave the first 5 posters to the thread a little star.
    Then I gave the first 3 FFAs presenters a star.

The result was my #FFA1

Tegan WW***
    Fiona WW***
    Doris WW***

I may think of other things to add, so it is likely to change right up to lynch time.

Advertisement