Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Henry, here's the issue.

We KNOW Mary was the seer, and she would have known she would be confirmed as such upon death. So she had 0 reason to reveal at 9.59. She looks to have tried to finger you indirectly, knowing if she died, we'd go back and see her thoughts on you.

But she had to keep it ambiguous enough that if she survived, she hadn't doomed herself either. Maybe the wolves would miss her post, not cop she was the seer and she could leave that as a time bomb for you whenever she did die.

Mind, the odds of the vig hitting three wolves yesterday and the seer nabbing a forth, are low. But your counter argument of "Why not reveal fully" doesn't work because it wouldn't have been a smart play at all for the seer.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

The seer would have had a peek yesterday

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Been Flying through the thread but cant really have any helpful commentary to supply.

I missed lynch as per my post around 7.30. Busy all day and link wasn't working for me. Didn't get a response in time for lynch.

But that doesn't matter cause I said I would of voted no lynch or Henry so you can take that as my vote.

Why Henry ? Cause I am only on post 293 (in terms of being able to put time aside to properly pay attention). Yesterday Henry's intro posts were very fluffy for my liking but I hadn't gotten past the "Day 0 ridiculous use your gut pin the donkey lynch vote". I have absolutely no other reason to target Henry and accept its a pathetic reason, but I just haven't had the time to give the game proper attention . .

Marys non vote

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Obviously the mods are not going to tell us the alligence of the new players as then they would be identifying if 1 was a wolf. But what is our strategy? Are we gonna assume they are team village or be open to the possibility there may now be a new wolf?

Liam WW wrote: »
    Who did Mary vote for yesterday?

Mary was the only one not to vote

• Advertisement

Did Mary get a peek on Day 0....... she was going to vote Henry yesterday.

The wolf munch at 10am was the first action according to OP, however it doesnt mean she didnt get a peek then.

She was on to Henry already by all accounts.

If she did Peek Henry on day 0, it means she might have got a peek. She indicated she might peek Katie and Frank next

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Obviously the mods are not going to tell us the alligence of the new players as then they would be identifying if 1 was a wolf. But what is our strategy? Are we gonna assume they are team village or be open to the possibility there may now be a new wolf?

If we lynch correctly tonight and again tomorrow the game would be over.

Every action so far has been pro village

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Mary, as our seer, would not have been so vocal if she only had suspicions. She’d have kept her head down to peek another day.

Mary as our seer would not have played a peeked wolf that way. It costs us an extra peek for a start.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    I thought Mary was semi revealing when I seen that "fingering" post. I've two opinions on the Mary/Henry thing. Mary had a peek and Henry was a wolf, so simple as she subtly said what she knew.

The wolves would know taking Mary out makes Henry a very obvious lynch target so it's either

1) a brave move knowing that Henry is in the ****s anyway and not giving Mary another peek.
    2)Alternatively, the seen Mary throwing shade on a non wolf and thought they could finger Henry, the added bonus being that Mary has now turned out to be seer.

Not Henry's biggest fan but for some reason option 2 seems more feasible at this early point in the game. A two team wolf would be taking a huge risk offing Mary IMO if one of the was Henry.

He's definitley going to be in and around top of the FFA but I'd still keep an eye on the Nidgy voters from last night.

I'm not sure I understand you, could you repeat that?

Who did Mary vote for yesterday?

Mary didn’t vote yesterday. Said I think that it was me or no lynch but couldn’t get into the lynch form

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    Mary as our seer would not have played a peeked wolf that way. It costs us an extra peek for a start.

With three baddies already dead? Why wouldn’t she hint at no4?

If we lynch correctly tonight and again tomorrow the game would be over.

Every action so far has been pro village

Well we did lynch a Nigel and our Seer died.

Would have been better if we lynched a wolf and an NRV got killed.

But yeah, The Vig has done good. Scary good

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

You saying that's how a seer wouldn't have played it doesn't make it so. Although to be fair, you can't really defend it any other way.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Henry, here's the issue.

We KNOW Mary was the seer, and she would have known she would be confirmed as such upon death. So she had 0 reason to reveal at 9.59. She looks to have tried to finger you indirectly, knowing if she died, we'd go back and see her thoughts on you.

But she had to keep it ambiguous enough that if she survived, she hadn't doomed herself either. Maybe the wolves would miss her post, not cop she was the seer and she could leave that as a time bomb for you whenever she did die.

Mind, the odds of the vig hitting three wolves yesterday and the seer nabbing a forth, are low. But your counter argument of "Why not reveal fully" doesn't work because it wouldn't have been a smart play at all for the seer.

Umm, do you really call that ambiguous? Given the conversation we’re having now? I get that Mary had suspicions of me, she’s said that from early, and until I’m peeked or she gets the other wolves they’re likely to remain and be vocalised. I’m not a wolf. However that post of Mary’s put a big target on her and me.

Should we be exploring the possibility of sleeper wolves being awoken. Y’know, to balance the game out a bit?

Should we just flip Henry and see what he is? Then we can spend the day looking for interaction of known wolves and not spend all day speculating if Henry is or is not a wolf.

Steve WW wrote: »
    You saying that's how a seer wouldn't have played it doesn't make it so. Although to be fair, you can't really defend it any other way.

Ok so for people saying it’s a good seer play:
    We loose at least one more peek
    It puts an early target on the seer

I’ve already said I’m happy to be lynched. I just want people to actually debate the situation instead of taking an easy proxy lynch. I’m going to have the easiest bandwagon going tonight so please make some use of it

Any more bullets vig?

I have no idea who killed Jake.

Holly WW wrote: »

How do you mean

• Advertisement

How do you mean

The same person did not kill jake as killed riona and doris :D

The vig? What do you mean?

Ooooh post up the death notices?

I’m not following

The vig? What do you mean?

Bang.

Bang.

You’re claiming vig?

But not the jake kill?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

What do you mean false seer?

'Drunk' seer, that they were a corrupted AI and had false positives.

Bang.

I prefer

Pew Pew

Bang.

Shall I go back and get all the kills? I’m on phone so it will all be separate posts so if someone else wants to get them.....

• Advertisement

If the Vig is bulletless, no point remaining hidden. Let someone claim role and then see if their is a counter claim. Then we have one liar.

Advertisement