Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Holly would be the obvious choice, but perhaps too obvious

After herself, myself and Eva or Ewan perhaps, i had Eva and Ewan in my propably good pile.

We have to assume the wolves are smart, if they were would the risk the obvious choice.... ? Id say no.

Besides the conversation, we have lots to look through with FFAs from today, lynch votes from today.

Plenty to work with for tomorrow.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Nah i was jesting. Wouldnt be shocked though.

Anythings possible.

Dont think you were jesting though

Shaking tress more like, looking for a recation, id buy that more

Or just a wolf adding to confusion, ....... I jest (or do i)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Well, got through reading 'some' of the posts.
    Great job by the Vigi

I seen there was confusion in earlier posts about someone getting my name wrong, not sure what that was all about.
    This is why people were getting Oisin / Vernon mixed up

Mod Note

Due to a password technical issue, Oisin can not join us. But can you put your hands together and give Vernon a warm Westworld welcome!

tenor.gif?itemid=5632990

Also...me joining now with apparently 2 wolves and the SK down seems a bit late.
    But I need to recheck the rules as I seen there is mention of a 'convert' or possible convert ?

Are these conditions present in every WW game or each has diff rules ?
    I do read the rules at the OP, but no mention of converts etc.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

What do you mean by you got through reading “some” of the posts, Vernon?

And even if you haven’t read the entire thread, would you not have at least concentrated on all the munches and lynches to date and read on from your entry into the game yesterday morning?

There’s not that many posts since last nights lynch and within those posts, the number of baddies vs goodies dead is mentioned numerous times.

Btw, morning all.

Why are you jumping down my throat ?
    Frank WW wrote: »
    What do you mean by you got through reading “some” of the posts, Vernon?
    It means I have read enough (maybe 30+ pages) to catch up on what has been going on.
    And even if you haven’t read the entire thread, would you not have at least concentrated on all the munches and lynches to date and read on from your entry into the game yesterday morning?
    How do you know I didn't, did I state anywhere that I haven't done as such ?
    There’s not that many posts since last nights lynch and within those posts, the number of baddies vs goodies dead is mentioned numerous times.
    I have seen this, I wasn't trying to reiterate how many bad vs good there were. My question was regarding how a convert works or where it is explained in the rules.

Btw, morning all.
    You wouldn't think so goin by your post. One of the parks robots leave something in your breakfast ?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I saw this obviously. I chose not to comment as I believed it would highlight the wolves. The "o i duno holly, are you sure this is where i should vote?"

I guess i was just dissapointed so many were afraid of original thought.

Seriously your actually just puppeting what I said pre lynch.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    I've voted Fiona.

If Holly is telling the truth by taking credit for three successful vig kills, I feel they deserve to be indulged a little. Plus it feels as if we're in a position to lynch an NRV by accident and not be too hurt by it.

If we off Fiona, and they come back as bad but the game continues, then the two noobs are going to be focused on tomorrow as we'd have got the original wolves but not won.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    I'm with her on that, probably didn't need to be said but hey ho! Hopefully game over tonight, would be the quickest game ever so doubt it but Holly has been on fire

I had done my FFA, Holly said she was 95% sure which was more sure than I was on anyone. I wasn't going to announce on thread I'm following Holly until I seen the above post by Eva.

You also accuse me of lack of original thought, you voted Nidge on night one with no real reason so leave it out.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Why are you jumping down my throat ?

It means I have read enough (maybe 30+ pages) to catch up on what has been going on.

How do you know I didn't, did I state anywhere that I haven't done as such ?

I have seen this, I wasn't trying to reiterate how many bad vs good there were. My question was regarding how a convert works or where it is explained in the rules.

You wouldn't think so goin by your post. One of the parks robots leave something in your breakfast ?

My mistake (I think), so what you are saying is at the time of you joining the game yesterday morning, there were 2 wolves and an SK dead?

Conversion happens quite often in games and I think it was probably needed yesterday as if we had lynched the only original wolf left last night, it would have been game over.

I’ve had my coffee now. Morning Vernon <waves>

My mistake (I think), so what you are saying is at the time of you joining the game yesterday morning, there were 2 wolves and an SK dead?
    >

Yes, from what I had gathered and read 2 wolves and an SK were dead.
    I'm assuming the 'man in black' was the SK ?

This to me would have left it at 1 wolf left.
    But then there was discussion about myself and the new char coming into play and maybe 1 of us was a new wolf.
    Other people were also talking about a 'convert' which I still have no idea how that works as I didn't see it in the rules.

(Are there other hidden mechanics that I should be aware of that aren't explicitly stated in the OP ?)

Also...*waves* hello, good day to you sir.

sRUPgzg.gif

searched through all the avatars just now

Yosemite Sam is the nearest thing to a cowboy I could find.

Some really strange avatar sets in there

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Conversion happens quite often in games and I think it was probably needed yesterday as if we had lynched the only original wolf left last night, it would have been game over.

I’ve had my coffee now. Morning Vernon <waves>

Probably needed? What?

That's not villager pov.

• Advertisement

We started off with 4 wolves and the SK (man in black). At your time of joining the game there were 2 wolves left.

The wolves killed Mary at that munch who turned out to be our seer. She must have peeked Henry as she alluded to him being bad in many of her posts.

Holly, our vigilante, shot Henry yesterday and he was a wolf just like Mary said. This left only one wolf left and 14 (?) villagers so a conversion to the wolf side took place.

It’s normally written in the rules that mods have secrets and all actions that haven’t their own rule are covered by that.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Probably needed? What?

That's not villager pov.

It’s a mod POV though. The game could have been over by Tuesday otherwise.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Ok I was totally offline all evening yesterday so I dunno what happened to form the bandwagon on poor Fiona. I couldn't see anything in my speed reading either. Anyone wanna fill me in?

I voted for Orla as one of my FFA (never got time to go back to look for someone else and I'm still not sure on Tegan).

We started off with 4 wolves and the SK (man in black). At your time of joining the game there were 2 wolves left.

The wolves killed Mary at that munch who turned out to be our seer. She must have peeked Henry as she alluded to him being bad in many of her posts.

Holly, our vigilante, shot Henry yesterday and he was a wolf just like Mary said. This left only one wolf left and 14 (?) villagers so a conversion to the wolf side took place.

It’s normally written in the rules that mods have secrets and all actions that haven’t their own rule are covered by that.

She must have? Ah come off it.... She peeked Henry. And because we were in such a good situation, decided that the one found wolf she had was worth more out than keeping hidden.

Thats before we 'probably needed' the convert.

Don’t get tunnel vision Holly

It’s a mod POV though. The game could have been over by Tuesday otherwise.

Are you modding the game now?

If the game is over by Tuesday, then that's game, why would a convert be probably needed?

Don’t get tunnel vision Holly

Resume acting like a villager then.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Ok I was totally offline all evening yesterday so I dunno what happened to form the bandwagon on poor Fiona. I couldn't see anything in my speed reading either. Anyone wanna fill me in?

I voted for Orla as one of my FFA (never got time to go back to look for someone else and I'm still not sure on Tegan).

Holly had a feeling about Fiona and given that she had been right so far she was followed

Any chance the bodyguard can protect me, I need more time to review frank.

Vernon, of all the gifs on the internet, why did you pick that one?
    That one gif.........

• Advertisement

Well, the Homer fingers one would have said the same thing, you don't know how a convert works and you choose that gif.

Are you modding the game now?

If the game is over by Tuesday, then that's game, why would a convert be probably needed?

I explained why already.

Seeing as Holly is hellbent on concentrating on me only today, this post is for all other villagers.

I understand that I will be on many FFAs today and the probability of me being lynched is high. But I WILL be declared a NRV. So instead of tunneling me, take the time to work on who else is the wolf and put serious thought into your other 2 FFA selections. Otherwise, you will have wasted an entire day.

]I explained why already.

Seeing as Holly is hellbent on concentrating on me only today, this post is for all other villagers.

I understand that I will be on many FFAs today and the probability of me being lynched is high. But I WILL be declared a NRV. So instead of tunneling me, take the time to work on who else is the wolf and put serious thought into your other 2 FFA selections. Otherwise, you will have wasted an entire day.

From a mod POV? That was your explanation? So you are agreeing with me, that it's not a villager POV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

That convert thing has pissed me right off, I'd two people in the village I could trust and now it's back to square one for another day.

I've been focused on the same 4 people, Tegan, Conor, Orla and Frank for the last day or two.

Ewan is one I noticed voted after me last night, what's your thoughts Ewan?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I had Conor, Tegan and Fiona on my FFA. I had originally voted Tegan but when I checked back prior to the lynch the consensus seemed to be to follow Holly's instinct and as Fiona was on my FFA I had no problem with it. I cast my vote at 8.50 - so all other votes for Fiona were cast before then.

Right, so I get the logic behind Abigail or Vernon or both being wolves, its a little too meta for my tastes but its hard to igonre as well.

That said they have had nearly 24 hours to get involved and Abigails posted prectically nothing while Vernon only got started in the last few posts. They have 12 more hours to get more involved and we should judge them on their play.

I notice Vernon didnt vote last night, why is that?

I also Notice Abigail voted Steve

No FFA from either of them that I can see, unless I missed it in my catch up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Again I say, I'm not going to get hung up on the convert yet. Whoever they are, they've only been bad for less than 12 hours which means they've not built up a possible record of contradictions. People will need to keep an eye today on if anyone suddenly flips, accusing anyone and everyone, etc. No one should trust anyone, BUT remember that only ONE person you trusted MIGHT be bad. Don't clear anyone, obviously, but keep in mind there's still, what, a dozen goodies left?

The focus, in my opinion, needs to remain on the original wolf. They have a few days worth of posts behind them. The focus needs to be on working out who was part of that Jake/Dorris/Henry team today. Who did they interact with? Who did they seemingly deliberately NOT interact with.

I still remain suspicious of the trio who voted Nigel; I do believe that it would have been the easiest path for a wolf to take, and there's nearly always a wolf within the Day One top lynch, right?

Vernon, of all the gifs on the internet, why did you pick that one?
    That one gif.........

I dunno if you have some history with that gif....

But frank <waves> waved to me

I then went to google, typed waving gif and it was the first result...

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I dunno if you have some history with that gif....

But frank <waves> waved to me

I then went to google, typed waving gif and it was the first result...

Its not the first result for me.... just saying

• Advertisement

The gif suggests to me that this isnt your first rodeo Vern

Advertisement