Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    As in why that Person.

If i were a wolf, id take out Holly, she is leading the group at the moment and trusted, everyone else is very divided. By killing Holly I could have hid better.

By letting Holly live are we meant to think she's on the wrong track on the wolves are happy to keep her alive or did they know they had a conversion I wonder. I presume they did because they happened at the same time I believe. So it makes sense to keep Holly alive because they know the conversion would cast doubt on her.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I saw some people asking if i was awoken, i've been told to say:
    I am playing at the time I was told to in my PM, I can not say any more than that.

Interesting, new mechanic there. That wouldn't suggest alignment either way in and of itself. We were told 4 wolves and 1 SK at the beginning, but maybe the later comers were allowed choose which side to be on.

Isla WW wrote: »

TBH though I don't really have any strong reads on most people. This game has just totally gotten away from me and I haven't been able to give it the time I would've liked. My FFA for today would probably be the top 3 there but I've no concrete reasons for Tegan and Ewan. Just a gut feeling.

Not a huge fan of these gut feelings knocking about. There must be something behind it, even if it's that first gif they posted was annoying.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Yeah, I'd agree with Steve here.

Holly was the obvious leader, AND survived the munch. If I was playing wolf, no way would I convert or kill her. She's going to be a target of suspicion, and her wrong kill last night (leading us to off a villager) only plays into that as well.

I'd, personally, be way more likely to convert someone middle of the roadish....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I am playing at the time I was told to in my PM, I can not say any more than that.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.

Do the rules mean nothing this game?

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    How about, if he sucessfully gets himself lynched, two new villagers will be let in the park the next day. A villager gained for a sacrifice?
    Nah, You'd need to have a reserve play on hand, planned before the game ...

It looks like maybe Abigail knew they were part of the game from the beginning but only allowed post after a certain time (when they arrived). So perhaps Nigel did have to sacrifice himself for the village, which affected their alignment.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.

Could be wrong but from the post it looks like the mods allowed her to say that. It says "I've been told to say". Either that's the mods or Abigail is a wolf who is referring to her backroom telling her what to say. I'm inclined to believe it's mods.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    What gave you the gut feeling? Explain it to me.

When I have a gut feeling, I can say "well I have that feeling because of this post here or because you said that". Where did you get the gut feeling from ?
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    Maybe if you got more involved in the game instead of trying to just slip under the radar then you would be able to get a read on people. I can't tell if you are just a disinterested villager or a hiding wolf.

Can you explain why you have the Liam, Katie and Holly at the bottom of your list?

I can probably answer both questions here by saying: I dunno.
    For Ewan and Tegan, the tone of their posts aren't sitting right. I can't point to any one specific post, it's just a general feeling.
    Holly is at the bottom as I believe her vigilante claim. Liam and Katie I've just got decent villagery vibes off of. Again I can't point to any one post for this feeling. It's just a feeling.

Sorry to tell you all that RL has gotten in the way a lot this week. I've been much busier than usual because I'm off tomorrow and Friday so I'm cramming 5 days worth of work into 3. It means I just don't have the time to be reading posts in detail and forming theories. Apologies to all but I'm doing what I can.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Could be wrong but from the post it looks like the mods allowed her to say that. It says "I've been told to say". Either that's the mods or Abigail is a wolf who is referring to her backroom telling her what to say. I'm inclined to believe it's mods.

I'd be more inclined to believe its a lie and that she is making it up.

If she really was referring to a PM then the mods should devise a punishment along the lines of making abigale say the full lyrics of i'm a little teapot!

Not a huge fan of these gut feelings knocking about. There must be something behind it, even if it's that first gif they posted was annoying.

There's 1200 posts here. I don't have the time to trawl back through them to find one single post that gave me the heebeejeebees about them.

• Advertisement

Oh excuse me! 1300 posts!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd agree with Steve here.

Holly was the obvious leader, AND survived the munch. If I was playing wolf, no way would I convert or kill her. She's going to be a target of suspicion, and her wrong kill last night (leading us to off a villager) only plays into that as well.

I'd, personally, be way more likely to convert someone middle of the roadish....

I'd be inclined to say they'd call our bluff and convert Holly.

I was told to say exactly that

I'd be inclined to say they'd call our bluff and convert Holly.

I was told to say exactly that

Who told you to say 'exactly that' ??

The mods surely?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Going back to the beginning and up until the first lynch, I will be posting factual happenings that relate to Isla, Steve and Ewan. I don’t expect you to read it now but when you realise that you fooked up lynching me, you might just want to refer to it to help find or eliminate the original wolf.

Starting with Isla. The other 2 could be much later in the day.

ISLA had interactions with wolves 6 times only

Nigel’s FFA1 has Isla on it. Reason - she mentioned wolves being smart. Argue back and forth and Isla comments she was waiting to pick up on her wolf comment.
    Henry gives helpful post to Isla re: game mechanics.
    Ewan’s FFA1 has Isla on it. Reason - defensive and against FFAs.
    Katie’s FFA1 has Isla on it. Reason - no real read on her and against FFAs.
    Isla’s FFA1 - Nigel (not convinced sacrifice villager), Frank (for thinking nigel is a villager). NOT A 3rd but mention to Fiona but can’t remember why she is on her notes.

JAKE IS SHOT - Approx 504 posts so far

Isla posts re Jake: what? How did that happen? WTF
    Holly says Jakes 2nd post good for Isla. Isla replies “how so?”
    Conor FFA1 has Isla on it. Reason - pointing out the obvious and Jake calling her a wolf “the sort of **** a wolf would do Day one”.

19:28 Vote Count - Nigel 5, Tegan 5, Isla 4, frank 4, Ewan 4.

20:52 Riona & Doris shot

21:03 Isla posts she is confused. “How is the vig getting these amazing hits?”. Eva replies that Isla’s post strikes her as a panic post. Frank agrees. It’s on Eva’s mind that Jake had 2 interactions with Isla all game. Isla replies that it wasn’t a panic post but a not paying attention post.

21:09 MrsFd behind with results. Isla replies with joke post.

Convo between frank and Eva re: Jake/Isla interactions. Eva asks frank to cross ref with Doris. Isla posts “don’t think I talked to Doris at all IIRC”

21:19 Isla can’t wait around any longer for lynch results. Off to watch actual westworld.

21:21 lynch results - Nigel NRV. Approx 655 posts

I didn't change my vote Frank. In fact I've only ever voted for one person.

No probs Steve. Said I wasn’t sure. I’ll find who it was when I trawl through the posts after Nigel’s lynch. :)

The suggestion of posting less today could be an attempt from someone recently converted to preemptively explain a change in behaviour. But maybe that is being too obvious about doing it.

Posting quality not quantity today.

Abigail, I still expect an answer from you.

Isla,
    The mods surely?
    why answer for abi?
    why the mods surely?

Frank WW wrote: »
    Going back to the beginning and up until the first lynch, I will be posting factual happenings that relate to Isla, Steve and Ewan. I don’t expect you to read it now but when you realise that you fooked up lynching me, you might just want to refer to it to help find or eliminate the original wolf.

Starting with Isla. The other 2 could be much later in the day.

ISLA had interactions with wolves 6 times only

Nigel’s FFA1 has Isla on it. Reason - she mentioned wolves being smart. Argue back and forth and Isla comments she was waiting to pick up on her wolf comment.
    Henry gives helpful post to Isla re: game mechanics.
    Ewan’s FFA1 has Isla on it. Reason - defensive and against FFAs.
    Katie’s FFA1 has Isla on it. Reason - no real read on her and against FFAs.
    Isla’s FFA1 - Nigel (not convinced sacrifice villager), Frank (for thinking nigel is a villager). NOT A 3rd but mention to Fiona but can’t remember why she is on her notes.

JAKE IS SHOT - Approx 504 posts so far

Isla posts re Jake: what? How did that happen? WTF
    Holly says Jakes 2nd post good for Isla. Isla replies “how so?”
    Conor FFA1 has Isla on it. Reason - pointing out the obvious and Jake calling her a wolf “the sort of **** a wolf would do Day one”.

19:28 Vote Count - Nigel 5, Tegan 5, Isla 4, frank 4, Ewan 4.

20:52 Riona & Doris shot

21:03 Isla posts she is confused. “How is the vig getting these amazing hits?”. Eva replies that Isla’s post strikes her as a panic post. Frank agrees. It’s on Eva’s mind that Jake had 2 interactions with Isla all game. Isla replies that it wasn’t a panic post but a not paying attention post.

21:09 MrsFd behind with results. Isla replies with joke post.

Convo between frank and Eva re: Jake/Isla interactions. Eva asks frank to cross ref with Doris. Isla posts “don’t think I talked to Doris at all IIRC”

21:19 Isla can’t wait around any longer for lynch results. Off to watch actual westworld.

21:21 lynch results - Nigel NRV. Approx 655 posts

in my notes from monday i have
    " Isla WW genied nigel ffa "

These are all facts not my opinion. I said I was investigating them and until I do that I’m not in a position to accuse.

• Advertisement

Isla,
    why answer for abi?
    why the mods surely?

I answered coz I was here. So what? Why are you trying to twist it so that she's a wolf? Even if she was a wolf why would she blatently refer to her other wolf pal when she's talking about 'what they told her to say'. If not the mods, who else would tell her to say that?

in my notes from monday i have
    " Isla WW genied nigel ffa "

What does that mean?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

Isla - Super quiet all morning, first to post after munch, logged in, quietly watching? Asks does anyone wolfy wanna confess - a bit suspect and shifts attention in jokey way. Claims nothing to go on - FFA cop out? Claims FFA analysis wont catch wolves as they are too smart
    Katie - Quiet all morning, comes in and says my offer was meaningless and is virtue banking. Defensive when I accuse her of saying something without actually saying something. Admitted casting doubt on me was bandwagoning and she was following Frank.
    Frank - Posted big bad wolf verse - tasky, asked who wanted to volunteer for lynch. I.e. 'I (frank) wont do it, someone else should (essentially looking to virtue bank without putting his neck on the line) Focuses on Liam after Liam's big post. Flutes about a bit on thread with jokes. 'probably do an FFA but will commit to it later'. Bandwagoner? Claims he doesnt have any leads lunchtime - FFA cop out?
    Oooh you're quick off the bat there Nidge! Don't be that guy who puts people on an FFA because they're quiet during the day. Has it crossed your mind that I popped in before I started work, during my 10am break, and now during my lunch?
    FFA cop out? I said I'd do one didn't I? Did I? (I'm doubting myself now)
    And saying that wolves are smart means nothing. Was kinda waiting to see if anyone jumped on that so congratulations.
    What does that mean?

It means to pop in when your name is mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Game Mod Note

You don't need to backseat mod Holly.
    The mods are reading the thread and will act against rule breakages where we feel action is warranted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I can probably answer both questions here by saying: I dunno.
    For Ewan and Tegan, the tone of their posts aren't sitting right. I can't point to any one specific post, it's just a general feeling.
    Holly is at the bottom as I believe her vigilante claim. Liam and Katie I've just got decent villagery vibes off of. Again I can't point to any one post for this feeling. It's just a feeling.

Sorry to tell you all that RL has gotten in the way a lot this week. I've been much busier than usual because I'm off tomorrow and Friday so I'm cramming 5 days worth of work into 3. It means I just don't have the time to be reading posts in detail and forming theories. Apologies to all but I'm doing what I can.

Im not doubting you dont have real life things going on, it happens, but do be aware a wolf hiding may also use that as an excuse too.

But either way you claim to have not be fully invested in the game. By not being fully invested, would it not be hard to suggest any thoughts at all one way or the other, yet you have a list from wolfiest to goodie set out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I'm confused about Abigails role now.

Is it definitely 2 WW's left ? (everyone is assuming a convert right ?)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I'm confused about Abigails role now.

Is it definitely 2 WW's left ? (everyone is assuming a convert right ?)

We were told a convert had happened, so yeah 2

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Isla was the convert anyways, not the og as I thought

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Holly, do you not think your being a slight bit pedantic today. I could see where you were coming from with questioning Franks phrasing this morning (the "the game probably needed it" comments), but you picked on Eva over the use of "Our thoughts" and Abi in relation to the "I was told to say it".

Like what are you hoping to gain by querying these things?

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    Im not doubting you dont have real life things going on, it happens, but do be aware a wolf hiding may also use that as an excuse too.

But either way you claim to have not be fully invested in the game. By not being fully invested, would it not be hard to suggest any thoughts at all one way or the other, yet you have a list from wolfiest to goodie set out.

Oh I 100% realise that's totally a possibility from everyone else's point of view. Nothing really I can say to defend against that though is there?

And yeah, not properly playing the game, I'll admit that. So it's quite easy for me to try get involved a little bit by posting the post counts. And while I had the list there I thought I'd try organise it from most to least wolfy. It doesn't take long and at least gives people some sort of idea of what I'm thinking. TBH I spent about 60 seconds organising the list. It wasn't that in depth a process.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Isla was the convert anyways, not the og as I thought

Nice to see you're so concrete on it anyway. What makes you so sure?

Advertisement