Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Thank you for registering your uncertain feelings. Thats a great help. Cheers.

You gonna read the rest of the thread to get the explanation i already gave? Ill save you the hassle - here it is below. Orla and Mary as they were online and had the highest post counts of the people who had posted on the thread page prior to my post. Arbitray nonsense as a pre-munch joke.

Apologies, missed the response. Just don't like the idea of self sacrifice on day 1 as Tegan already alluded to, seems needless especially so early in the day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Thank you for registering your uncertain feelings. Thats a great help. Cheers.

You gonna read the rest of the thread to get the explanation i already gave? Ill save you the hassle - here it is below. Orla and Mary as they were online and had the highest post counts of the people who had posted on the thread page prior to my post. Arbitray nonsense as a pre-munch joke.

She has 3 posts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Touching and poking? Oooooerrrr

Are you going to contribute or just flute about?

Any opinions on Holly and Steves interactions?

Fiona and henrys interactions?

Nigels general play?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Henry WW wrote: »

I’d be in favor of an ffa today. Not useful right away but might give us information later in the game when we need to stitch things together. Also means the baddies have to come out to play instead of just flopping down an “I’m so confused” vote

Even though I am often one of the only ones who does one on day1 and thus I draw heat on myself usually this is one reason why I'd always advocate doing an ffa. Doing anything to get info to work off is always better than the alternative for the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Doris WW wrote:
    Apologies, missed the response. Just don't like the idea of self sacrifice on day 1 as Tegan already alluded to, seems needless especially so early in the day.

In fairness i said only if we don't have a strong lead. I don't want to be killing a roled goodie or forcing him to come out if they are in line to be killed. It should only be our contingency plan.

Holly WW wrote:
    She has 3 posts.

Overall for her account, not just in this game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Overall for her account, not just in this game.

Okay, I have zero problems putting you on my ffa with the reason, wants to be lynched. ;)

In fairness i said only if we don't have a strong lead. I don't want to be killing a roled goodie or forcing him to come out if they are in line to be killed. It should only be our contingency plan.

Fair enough, I just don't like (and you are not alone in this) people alluding to, or stating others are NRV so early. It narrows the pool for wolves to fish in for the roled players. Just a bug bear of mine, and I see since you did ask people to talk about this sort of stuff so I'm simply doing that :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Are you going to contribute or just flute about?

Any opinions on Holly and Steves interactions?

Fiona and henrys interactions?

Nigels general play?

I am of the opinion that until there is a death, nothing anybody says can be seen as wolfy. Everyone is just saying stuff right now to pass the time.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Fair enough, I just don't like (and you are not alone in this) people alluding to, or stating others are NRV so early. It narrows the pool for wolves to fish in for the roled players. Just a bug bear of mine, and I see since you did ask people to talk about this sort of stuff so I'm simply doing that :)

No issues here with that.

Id sacrifice 1 NRV (myself) to ensure we have, at worst, a controlled mislynch tonight. No accidental roles gone and/or prematurely revealed.

Agree with you and others; other NRVs do not reveal.

• Advertisement

No issues here with that.

Id sacrifice 1 NRV (myself) to ensure we have, at worst, a controlled mislynch tonight. No accidental roles gone and/or prematurely revealed.

Agree with you and others; other NRVs do not reveal.

Lets hold the phone with that and see what the day brings first, eh? :)

Tasks - so since we are encouraged to post pics/gifs etc etc in the OP, id imagine no image/gif based tasks.

So maybe a hidden message one?

Maybe a 'say something outrageous in the middle of a post' one?

Is anyone keeping a spreadsheet for tasks?

*aware this post in itself could be seen as tasky. I might as well say it though, since i could be dead tonight anyway*

Doris WW wrote: »
    Lets hold the phone with that and see what the day brings first, eh? :)

Absolutely.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Are people always so eager to sacrifice themselves right at the beginning? As said, it narrows to pool of players left that could be roles. Or is it a subliminal attempt to appear virtuous in the early game chatter?

Riona WW wrote: »
    Are people always so eager to sacrifice themselves right at the beginning? As said, it narrows to pool of players left that could be roles. Or is it a subliminal attempt to appear virtuous in the early game chatter?

I doubt a wolf would self sacrifice so I’m putting Nigel in the NRV camp. We don’t really have anything to go on so would it not be better to vote him than take out our roled villagers at random?

It's possible that person is not too bothered about the game cos they are busy irl but I would not be trusting anyone offering themselves up at this stage. Anyone questioned at this stage will say they are NRV but if I was a NRV I would not be advocating we kill me as I would know that equals zero chance of killing a baddie and thats what I want.

I doubt a wolf would self sacrifice so I’m putting Nigel in the NRV camp. We don’t really have anything to go on so would it not be better to vote him than take out our roled villagers at random?

It's easy at the start of a game to say "kill me" when no one takes it serious and starts looking for subtle slips of the tongue instead.

Players wave it off and go "yes yes whatever, now... So and so mentioned dog hair on the sofa, but what if it's wolf hair??"

For the rest of the game you can point back to how you were willing to sacrifice as proof of your virtue.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Bit early in the day to be railroading a vote on a villager. No problem with this strategy at 8pm but at this point it's premature.

Also it's doesn't clear Nigel at all, his sacrifice offer this early in the day also means very very little

I doubt a wolf would either but would they suggest it so that someone like you puts them in the NRV camp.

It may be better to vote for him than a randomer but imo thats only because its a move that stands out (from what I would expect a villager to do at this stage) and thus could be a wolf play. It is in no way a strong indicator that they are a wolf but I would not be considering them a villager because of this and if I did consider them a villager I would not be advocating still killing them. strange altogether

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    It's possible that person is not too bothered about the game cos they are busy irl but I would not be trusting anyone offering themselves up at this stage. Anyone questioned at this stage will say they are NRV but if I was a NRV I would not be advocating we kill me as I would know that equals zero chance of killing a baddie and thats what I want.

I am very much focused on the game and care about the village winning this one.

Very interesting that Fiona and Riona above dont seem to be reading those of my posts which dont suit the narrative they are building.

I suggest both of you actually read all of my posts before saying im trying to not help the village.

Very interesting that Fiona and Riona above dont seem to be reading those of my posts which dont suit the narrative they are building.

I suggest both of you actually read all of my posts before saying im trying to not help the village.

Im not building a narrative. That would be the people that would be putting you in any camp just based off your offer.

It's easy at the start of a game to say "kill me" when no one takes it serious and starts looking for subtle slips of the tongue instead.

Players wave it off and go "yes yes whatever, now... So and so mentioned dog hair on the sofa, but what if it's wolf hair??"

For the rest of the game you can point back to how you were willing to sacrifice as proof of your virtue.

So, if we dont have a wolf at hand, kill me. Problem solved! Its only a contingency plan anyway. So we dont get to 7.50pm with noone to kill and its a total clusterflip.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    Bit early in the day to be railroading a vote on a villager. No problem with this strategy at 8pm but at this point it's premature.

Also it's doesn't clear Nigel at all, his sacrifice offer this early in the day also means very very little

Im not cleared at all. No-one is. Way to say something without actually saying anything.
    I doubt a wolf would either but would they suggest it so that someone like you puts them in the NRV camp.

It may be better to vote for him than a randomer but imo thats only because its a move that stands out (from what I would expect a villager to do at this stage) and thus could be a wolf play. It is in no way a strong indicator that they are a wolf but I would not be considering them a villager because of this and if I did consider them a villager I would not be advocating still killing them. strange altogether

See above responses.

Wow, lets just clear Tegan then for “putting himself forward for lynch half heartedly”. I will admit Im not getting wolfy vibes off Tegen but lets not put him or anyone else in the NRV camp so quickly. Lets leave Tegen as an unknown for now. He could easily be a wolf whos just played you like a fiddle.

I hope other points of discussion are not held back by you and the notion of killing someone claiming NRV. Right now he would be high on an FFA if I did one but thats because of a lack of other options and I'd like to focus on what other options there may be before I suggest killing someoneclaiming NRV. We should be aiming for a wolf / baddie and not just making a plan for how to statistically avoid our own roled people.

I am (perhaps falsely) believing we have more of those than listed in the OP but if not there are actually a lot more baddies than roled villagers so stats wise it might be better to go for someone else if people do come to the conclusion that they believe Nigel actually is a NRV.

Wow, lets just clear Tegan then for “putting himself forward for lynch half heartedly”. I will admit Im not getting wolfy vibes off Tegen but lets not put him or anyone else in the NRV camp so quickly. Lets leave Tegen as an unknown for now. He could easily be a wolf whos just played you like a fiddle.

I meant Nigel, not Tegen.

• Advertisement

FFAs: so far we have the below people doing them today (no particular order)

Nigel
    Holly
    Henry
    Liam?
    Fiona?

Anyone else care to commit to doing one? Anyone wanna give a reason why not?

I hope other points of discussion are not held back by you and the notion of killing someone claiming NRV. Right now he would be high on an FFA if I did one but thats because of a lack of other options and I'd like to focus on what other options there may be before I suggest killing someoneclaiming NRV. We should be aiming for a wolf / baddie and not just making a plan for how to statistically avoid our own roled people.

I am (perhaps falsely) believing we have more of those than listed in the OP but if not there are actually a lot more baddies than roled villagers so stats wise it might be better to go for someone else if people do come to the conclusion that they believe Nigel actually is a NRV.

Happy to move on.

Any suggestions as to what info you would like to analyse, or method you would like to use to find said wolves? An FFA perhaps? (dont have to give one now, just want you to confirm you will give one)

Railroading you for a scafrice does us no favors if you are indeed an NRV, we lose an NRV so we are a number down, and if everyone votes for you, we lose vital info within the lynch votes.

You are as good as anyone to be lynched or not lynched. You are very much an unknown.

Happy to move on.

Any suggestions as to what info you would like to analyse, or method you would like to use to find said wolves? An FFA perhaps? (dont have to give one now, just want you to confirm you will give one)

Well its always good to talk, the more we talk in a sensible way non fluffy way, the more information we will have.

Ive nothing to go on bar the issues highlighte din my opening post and a few others things since then.

Railroading you for a scafrice does us no favors if you are indeed an NRV, we lose an NRV so we are a number down, and if everyone votes for you, we lose vital info within the lynch votes.

You are as good as anyone to be lynched or not lynched. You are very much an unknown.

Its interesting to see the reaction to my offer though, isnt it?

Its still there, but as i said all along, its only a contingency.

We should be doing FFAs and cross-examining those as a starting point to find a wolf. Even if i do appear on lots of them, there should be 2 other names on each one. And even if its not useful for today, we will find some dirty bandwagony wolves later in the game from it.

I encourage everyone to commit to doing an FFA or just give one now.

• Advertisement

Happy to move on.

Yeah I intend to do an FFA and tbh think everyone who is active enough should be expected to try to get one in. Yes you will tak heat if you don't have much to go on for a choice or two but if you can't handel the heat then get outta WW plus maybe the reaction of whoever you put there will hopefully give something away too. Poke and prod people

My only issues with FFAs on day#1 is that it is an anon day 1 so please correct me people if I attribute the wrong thing to the wrong account, I usually get these accounts all mixed up until the game really gets going and the more active players become more notewardy for their styles etc

So, if we dont have a wolf at hand, kill me. Problem solved! Its only a contingency plan anyway. So we dont get to 7.50pm with noone to kill and its a total clusterflip.

Im not cleared at all. No-one is. Way to say something without actually saying anything.

You quoted me and responded with the bolded bit. I basically said exaxtly what you said, your not clear and it's something we can look at around 8pm. So eh way to say something without actually saying anything Nidgy.

Also I'm committed to an FFA, I'll get it up before 7 unless there is an earlier agreed time I've missed. No harm whatsoever in doing one

You quoted me and responded with the bolded bit. I basically said exaxtly what you said, your not clear and it's something we can look at around 8pm. So eh way to say something without actually saying anything Nidgy.

Thats weak sauce Katie - you were focusing on me not being cleared. I was focusing on noone being cleared. There is a difference between a 'person' and 'everyone', my college sociology teacher assured me.

I encourage everyone to commit to doing an FFA or just give one now.

Its way too early for me at this point, agree with everyone doing one but personally based on the posts so far I'd like to hold off till this evening. Anyone good at collating? I'm not

I’ll do an ffa but will probably commit to it later on in the day.

Nigel WW 36
    Holly WW 27
    Fiona WW 24
    Frank WW 24
    Tegan WW 24
    Steve WW 24
    Doris WW 20
    Ewan WW 15
    Liam WW 14
    Henry WW 11
    Jake WW 10
    Katie WW 9
    Isla WW 9
    MrsFlushdraw 8
    Riona WW 8
    Mary WW 8
    Eva WW 6
    Conor WW 4
    Orla WW 3
    fixxxer 1
    Bounty Hunter 1

Out for around 2 hours but will do an FFA when back and caught up

Im ****e at collating FFAs.

Thats weak sauce Katie - you were focusing on me not being cleared. I was focusing on noone being cleared. There is a difference between a 'person' and 'everyone', my college sociology teacher assured me.

Tongue in cheek Nidgy, I was also focusing on the contingency plan and pointing out it would be something that we could discuss at 8pm if we had no better leads. Something you then said in your following post while accusing me of not actually saying anything.

I’ll do them but will be 7ish when I can be on a laptop

• Advertisement

Tongue in cheek Nidgy, I was also focusing on the contingency plan and pointing out it would be something that we could discuss at 8pm if we had no better leads. Something you then said in your following post while accusing me of not actually saying anything.

WHICH IS WHAT MY ORIGINAL PLAN WAS IN THE FIRST PLACE. SO YOU ARE ACCUSING ME OF COPYING WHAT YOU SAID, WHEN IN FACT ALL YOU HAVE DONE IS REGURGITATE MY PLAN.

WHICH IS WHAT MY ORIGINAL PLAN WAS IN THE FIRST PLACE. SO YOU ARE ACCUSING ME OF COPYING WHAT YOU SAID, WHEN IN FACT ALL YOU HAVE DONE IS REGURGITATE MY PLAN.

Man stop shouting, it looks like it's only me and you here today! It's not good for the heart, chill my man. I didn't see your post stating that, I only seen a post by someone else stating that you were putting yourself forward for sacrifice.

I responded to Frank who was saying you were effectively clear by disagreeing with him and pointing out why you weren't clear and what the strategy should be. You want to live in a vacuum and talk to yourself?

Where is everyone?

This is why tonight’s lynch is extra difficult. Nothing has happened that would lead us to be suspicious of anyone.

Where is everyone?

This is why tonight’s lynch is extra difficult. Nothing has happened that would lead us to be suspicious of anyone.

Im suspecious of a few people so far, you not got even have a little tweeny suspecion of anyone yet ,

Those splinters in yer bum are from sitting on the fence

Honestly, I’m not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Are there any tasks or must I re-read the rules?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Wow a lot of people are getting very tetchy on day freakin one. I dislike day 1 FFA's as there's nothing really to go on. There have been some interesting discussions this morning though that might be useful to pull one together.

(If this post sounds like I have nothing to say, it's because I really do have nothing to say)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Why are players assuming their are tasks?

The closest thing I saw to a task so far is the self sacrifice

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Jake WW wrote: »

We need mod clarification

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »

Someone further up mentioned that as the first kill wasn't a player, than maybe the Wolves had failed a task. Not sure the logic lines up but am open to correction.

Advertisement