Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Options
1747576777880»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I assume you ninja deleted something?

No.....but i have found a shortfall in this as a plan.....

The notifications stop until you visit the thread.

'You won't get any more new post notifications until you visit the forum.'

So if i dont immediately visit the thread, i wont get any further notifications and we wont get a copy of reams of posts, potentially......hmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

The password for Ewan has been reset to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh yes, Isla is reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

https://i.gyazo.com/14669c07354dff69eab8b7ef0a368cc8.png

https://i.gyazo.com/5e05ddab918056eb0996221d02a2563a.png

If you are referring to this Keith, then I didn't see it. I for one did not read through the wolves ramblings regular and in detail (sorry wolves) and someone should have alerted us by PM if it had happened,

You can't expect us to take action on something we don't know about?

That is correct. I do not expect you to take action on something you know nothing about, that would be nuts.
    There was more than one game mod for this game though.
    So the person who done it did not alert all the game mods of what they done. Okay. Maybe they reported it to one of your co-mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

sKeith wrote: »
    That is correct. I do not expect you to take action on something you know nothing about, that would be nuts.
    There was more than one game mod for this game though.
    So the person who done it did not alert all the game mods of what they done. Okay. Maybe they reported it to one of your co-mods.

I have spoken to both mods and no one was made aware.

• Advertisement

Actually sKeith, was it you that was saying they could fix the back room so the last game can be seen? I can add you as admin if I still have controls.?

Actually sKeith, was it you that was saying they could fix the back room so the last game can be seen? I can add you as admin if I still have controls.?

twas me.

twas me.

Sorted! good luck

Is that better, remove my access again if so.

Is that better, remove my access again if so.

Looks sorted to me.

• Advertisement

Well done Keith. I can get you removed now :) Thanks

Pter wrote: »
    No.....but i have found a shortfall in this as a plan.....

The notifications stop until you visit the thread.

'You won't get any more new post notifications until you visit the forum.'

So if i dont immediately visit the thread, i wont get any further notifications and we wont get a copy of reams of posts, potentially......hmmmmm.

Interesting plan, what if you followed with a digest, not followed instant? I'm guessing in digest mode you will get all the messages.

sKeith wrote:
    Interesting plan, what if you followed with a digest, not followed instant? I'm guessing in digest mode you will get all the messages.

Afk but will check that out when I'm back in office.

Daily digest email gives me the text of each post. Not sure if it would catch edits though as the digest seems to be generated at the end of the day, which would give us the ninja edited version, not the original. Honour system and reporting from players seems to be the best way to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I wasn't sure what you were doing yesterday Pter with the test, but does the instant email for new posts not give the original text in the post?

I think there is also some mechanism where by if you are currently viewing the thread you don't get emails?

But I think at the end of the day, everyone just has to respect the no edit rule, if by mistake they break it, report it to the game mods.

Kolido wrote: »
    I wasn't sure what you were doing yesterday Pter with the test, but does the instant email for new posts not give the original text in the post?

I think there is also some mechanism where by if you are currently viewing the thread you don't get emails?

But I think at the end of the day, everyone just has to respect the no edit rule, if by mistake they break it, report it to the game mods.

I wanted to see what text appeared in the instant email and if every post would be sent by notification.

You get an update saying someone has posted in the thread, and that you wont get another until you read the thread. So id imagine yes i think there is a built in mechanism to stop you getting messages while you are reading the thread. Id imagine its something like the system waits a minute or so to see if the thread remains unread before sending you an update.

Agree with you on that last bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kolido wrote: »

This is it, as someone who broke the rule in the Ted game, I can say I learned my lesson there and was treated fairly by the mods.

In the case of Guffys one its not as serious as he did instantly repost under his Anon guise the exact same text. No harm no foul in that case, its not like he was trying to cover up a mistake like I did. If I was the mod, I would have issued him a warning and not modkilled him in that situation had it been seen provided I spotted the former post and the new post myself.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    This is it, as someone who broke the rule in the Ted game, I can say I learned my lesson there and was treated fairly by the mods.

In the case of Guffys one its not as serious as he did instantly repost under his Anon guise the exact same text. No harm no foul in that case, its not like he was trying to cover up a mistake like I did. If I was the mod, I would have issued him a warning and not modkilled him in that situation had it been seen provided I spotted the former post and the new post myself.

Then send a quick post to the game mods and let them decide.
    Clearly this was not done, #2361 #2376

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Then send a quick post to the game mods and let them decide.
    Clearly this was not done, #2361 #2376

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Not sure if this is refereing to me or not.

I posted under guffy in day 1 or day 0. Deleted it immediately and reposted it under my annon account immediately. Didnt message mods as i didntthink there was a need to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Guffy wrote: »
    Not sure if this is refereing to me or not.

I posted under guffy in day 1 or day 0. Deleted it immediately and reposted it under my annon account immediately. Didnt message mods as i didntthink there was a need to

Skeith be like

giphy.gif

Thanks Drummer, needed a good laugh in here :D

Other people expressed these opinions, not just me.

partyjungle post about deleting posts. tweaked to be about one not two and removed names.

This frustrated me the most out of anything. There was a post deleted. We all know deleting posts are against the rules. It's not like he had lost his head at this stage. He was calm and calculated. Just don't do it ffs. You've blown your cover, deal with it. It has been mentioned towards the start of the 'we need to talk' thread that other people sometimes do it, so that makes it okay??? Blatantly ignoring the rules and justifying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Thanks Drummer, needed a good laugh in here :D

Other people expressed these opinions, not just me.

partyjungle post about deleting posts. tweaked to be about one not two and removed names.

This frustrated me the most out of anything. There was a post deleted. We all know deleting posts are against the rules. It's not like he had lost his head at this stage. He was calm and calculated. Just don't do it ffs. You've blown your cover, deal with it. It has been mentioned towards the start of the 'we need to talk' thread that other people sometimes do it, so that makes it okay??? Blatantly ignoring the rules and justifying it.

I couldn't care less about my cover. An anon game was voted for so I took a measure to keep it so. I deleted a post from my account during a quite and reposted it ver batem in my charactors account within seconds.

It was an annon game and i didnt remove a post from the thread, obviously its different if i just deleted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Guffy wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about my cover. An anon game was voted for so I took a measure to keep it so. I deleted a post from my account during a quite and reposted it ver batem in my charactors account within seconds.

It was an annon game and i didnt remove a post from the thread, obviously its different if i just deleted it.

Obvious who I was with my stupid posting in wrong account

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement