Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVII - WESTWORLD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Dance offs and gif spamming do not help the village (in general imo) especially after n0.

Anyone wants to poke at me or anyone else in the game, instead of just posting a funny picture, thats fine by me. Ill support anyone that does, in fact (whilst obviously defending myself).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Touching and poking? Oooooerrrr

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Boooooo

Too early for self sacrifices

Agreed, dunno how I feel about this tbh. Also why Orla and Mary in particular this morning Nigel?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

FFAs , while potentially useless on day 1 esp when no real munch, can be the undoing of wolves later in the game. I shall be posting one later as the game moves into the evening.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Agreed, dunno how I feel about this tbh. Also why Orla and Mary in particular this morning Nigel?

Thank you for registering your uncertain feelings. Thats a great help. Cheers.

You gonna read the rest of the thread to get the explanation i already gave? Ill save you the hassle - here it is below. Orla and Mary as they were online and had the highest post counts of the people who had posted on the thread page prior to my post. Arbitray nonsense as a pre-munch joke.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Ok so you can read posts and quote them, but dont pay attention to context? I was making fun of the fact there is no meta info to use with these accounts and that one arbitrary way to choose a possible wolf is to use anon account post counts (which is very obviously a silly thing to do).

Why wouldnt i post before the munch? It could have been the last thing i could have done. Anything content in posts before the munch is waffle. You would have to be an idiot to be a wolf and give anything away on n0.

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THIS HOLLY STEVE THING, WHICH I FIND VERY INTERESTING.

Holly, anything?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Lots of fights and accusations very early on in this game - gonna be a good one!

The no munch was interesting - there has been no mention of tasks but could the wolves of had a secret task and failed? Or is it just the mods not wanting to kill someone so early in the game. Either way its good for us as a village to still have an extra player in the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    I forgot to add that, your post suggest you were twisting what she said, implying she was suggesting people post less, which IMO she did not.

My post suggests nothing of the sort. I’ve already explained my thought process but I’ll leavebit to the group to judge how it came across. I will be keeping an eye on you however mate

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    How do you mean?
    What was that Steve?? :D
    I like this line of thinking, Why did you wait till he was done posting holly and possibly hoping he was off line?

Any more questions Orla?

FFAs , while potentially useless on day 1 esp when no real munch, can be the undoing of wolves later in the game. I shall be posting one later as the game moves into the evening.

I agree, and will have one in soon.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Lots of fights and accusations very early on in this game - gonna be a good one!

The no munch was interesting - there has been no mention of tasks but could the wolves of had a secret task and failed? Or is it just the mods not wanting to kill someone so early in the game. Either way its good for us as a village to still have an extra player in the game.

Good point, I dont think its the case, but lets not rule it out. No mentions of tasks whatsoever, doesnt mean there arent any (though I think its unlikely)
    Henry WW wrote: »
    My post suggests nothing of the sort. I’ve already explained my thought process but I’ll leavebit to the group to judge how it came across. I will be keeping an eye on you however mate

Defensive..... i likes it :)

• Advertisement

You gonna read the rest of the thread to get the explanation i already gave? Ill save you the hassle - here it is below. Orla and Mary as they were online and had the highest post counts of the people who had posted on the thread page prior to my post. Arbitray nonsense as a pre-munch joke.

Apologies, missed the response. Just don't like the idea of self sacrifice on day 1 as Tegan already alluded to, seems needless especially so early in the day.

She has 3 posts.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Touching and poking? Oooooerrrr

Are you going to contribute or just flute about?

Any opinions on Holly and Steves interactions?

Fiona and henrys interactions?

Nigels general play?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Henry WW wrote: »

I’d be in favor of an ffa today. Not useful right away but might give us information later in the game when we need to stitch things together. Also means the baddies have to come out to play instead of just flopping down an “I’m so confused” vote

Even though I am often one of the only ones who does one on day1 and thus I draw heat on myself usually this is one reason why I'd always advocate doing an ffa. Doing anything to get info to work off is always better than the alternative for the village.

Doris WW wrote:
    Apologies, missed the response. Just don't like the idea of self sacrifice on day 1 as Tegan already alluded to, seems needless especially so early in the day.

In fairness i said only if we don't have a strong lead. I don't want to be killing a roled goodie or forcing him to come out if they are in line to be killed. It should only be our contingency plan.

Holly WW wrote:
    She has 3 posts.

Overall for her account, not just in this game.

Overall for her account, not just in this game.

Okay, I have zero problems putting you on my ffa with the reason, wants to be lynched. ;)

In fairness i said only if we don't have a strong lead. I don't want to be killing a roled goodie or forcing him to come out if they are in line to be killed. It should only be our contingency plan.

Fair enough, I just don't like (and you are not alone in this) people alluding to, or stating others are NRV so early. It narrows the pool for wolves to fish in for the roled players. Just a bug bear of mine, and I see since you did ask people to talk about this sort of stuff so I'm simply doing that :)

Are you going to contribute or just flute about?

Any opinions on Holly and Steves interactions?

Fiona and henrys interactions?

Nigels general play?

I am of the opinion that until there is a death, nothing anybody says can be seen as wolfy. Everyone is just saying stuff right now to pass the time.

Fair enough, I just don't like (and you are not alone in this) people alluding to, or stating others are NRV so early. It narrows the pool for wolves to fish in for the roled players. Just a bug bear of mine, and I see since you did ask people to talk about this sort of stuff so I'm simply doing that :)

No issues here with that.

Id sacrifice 1 NRV (myself) to ensure we have, at worst, a controlled mislynch tonight. No accidental roles gone and/or prematurely revealed.

Agree with you and others; other NRVs do not reveal.

• Advertisement

No issues here with that.

Id sacrifice 1 NRV (myself) to ensure we have, at worst, a controlled mislynch tonight. No accidental roles gone and/or prematurely revealed.

Agree with you and others; other NRVs do not reveal.

Lets hold the phone with that and see what the day brings first, eh? :)

Tasks - so since we are encouraged to post pics/gifs etc etc in the OP, id imagine no image/gif based tasks.

So maybe a hidden message one?

Maybe a 'say something outrageous in the middle of a post' one?

Is anyone keeping a spreadsheet for tasks?

*aware this post in itself could be seen as tasky. I might as well say it though, since i could be dead tonight anyway*

Lets hold the phone with that and see what the day brings first, eh? :)

Absolutely.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Are people always so eager to sacrifice themselves right at the beginning? As said, it narrows to pool of players left that could be roles. Or is it a subliminal attempt to appear virtuous in the early game chatter?

Riona WW wrote: »
    Are people always so eager to sacrifice themselves right at the beginning? As said, it narrows to pool of players left that could be roles. Or is it a subliminal attempt to appear virtuous in the early game chatter?

I doubt a wolf would self sacrifice so I’m putting Nigel in the NRV camp. We don’t really have anything to go on so would it not be better to vote him than take out our roled villagers at random?

Riona WW wrote: »

It's possible that person is not too bothered about the game cos they are busy irl but I would not be trusting anyone offering themselves up at this stage. Anyone questioned at this stage will say they are NRV but if I was a NRV I would not be advocating we kill me as I would know that equals zero chance of killing a baddie and thats what I want.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I doubt a wolf would self sacrifice so I’m putting Nigel in the NRV camp. We don’t really have anything to go on so would it not be better to vote him than take out our roled villagers at random?

It's easy at the start of a game to say "kill me" when no one takes it serious and starts looking for subtle slips of the tongue instead.

Players wave it off and go "yes yes whatever, now... So and so mentioned dog hair on the sofa, but what if it's wolf hair??"

For the rest of the game you can point back to how you were willing to sacrifice as proof of your virtue.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Bit early in the day to be railroading a vote on a villager. No problem with this strategy at 8pm but at this point it's premature.

Also it's doesn't clear Nigel at all, his sacrifice offer this early in the day also means very very little

I doubt a wolf would either but would they suggest it so that someone like you puts them in the NRV camp.

It may be better to vote for him than a randomer but imo thats only because its a move that stands out (from what I would expect a villager to do at this stage) and thus could be a wolf play. It is in no way a strong indicator that they are a wolf but I would not be considering them a villager because of this and if I did consider them a villager I would not be advocating still killing them. strange altogether

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    It's possible that person is not too bothered about the game cos they are busy irl but I would not be trusting anyone offering themselves up at this stage. Anyone questioned at this stage will say they are NRV but if I was a NRV I would not be advocating we kill me as I would know that equals zero chance of killing a baddie and thats what I want.

I am very much focused on the game and care about the village winning this one.

Very interesting that Fiona and Riona above dont seem to be reading those of my posts which dont suit the narrative they are building.

I suggest both of you actually read all of my posts before saying im trying to not help the village.

Advertisement