Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can’t extend eir mobile broadband WiFi range with Apple base station

• 13-05-2018 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have eir mobile broadband using the supplied Huawei B315 router. I need to extend the WiFi signal to reach the other end of the house. I used to do this successfully using an Apple Airport Extreme hooked up to my (now gone) satelite broadband and an Airport Express connected via a long ethernet cable.

I’ve tried setting up the same arrangement with the Huawei but it doesn’t work.

When I connect the ethernet from the Huawei to the Express and select Extend Network in Airport Utility, the Express disappears from view in Airport Utility and has a slowly blinking orange light. I’ve tried it without the ethernet, to create a wireless extension, and it doesn’t work either. Anyone know, is the Huawei not capable of being extended in this way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

griznovski wrote: »
    I have eir mobile broadband using the supplied Huawei B315 router. I need to extend the WiFi signal to reach the other end of the house. I used to do this successfully using an Apple Airport Extreme hooked up to my (now gone) satelite broadband and an Airport Express connected via a long ethernet cable.

I’ve tried setting up the same arrangement with the Huawei but it doesn’t work.

When I connect the ethernet from the Huawei to the Express and select Extend Network in Airport Utility, the Express disappears from view in Airport Utility and has a slowly blinking orange light. I’ve tried it without the ethernet, to create a wireless extension, and it doesn’t work either. Anyone know, is the Huawei not capable of being extended in this way?

Try creating a new network with the same SSID and password on it instead and see does that work, ethernet frm Huawei into the express.

Advertisement