Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export Shipping Help Request

Options
  • 13-05-2018 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I would appreciate any help or suggestions for sourcing a shipping company to export a professionally taxidermied wild goat from Ireland to the US.

The box would not be too big, since I requested the horns be removable. Probably, 70cm x 70cm x 90cm and 14kg .

Also, if anyone knows if an export licence is needed, please advise. I contacted the NPWS with a query, however, they have not yet responded to my request.

I searched the shooting forum and found a thread on exporting that suggested Logwin Logistics. I contacted Logwin, however, they have not yet responded to my query.

IrishParcels.ie forbids "Animals Of Any Form (Alive Or Dead)" and the quotes I have received from UPS and Fedex are incredibly expensive, over €1,000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

No help to you i know, but I was only talking to a lad who recently brought in something similar and after all the usual certificates and red tape was done and paid for, including any taxidermy fees done on the other side and then finally the actual cost of shipping he said he'll be thinking twice the next time and probably only if it's a notable trophy.

The shipping charge may seem steep, but I was charged by Fed ex the guts of €40 for a 0.8kg parcel and that was over 7 years ago. That's about €700.00 for your weight @ Euro per kilo.
    Have you tried to go through the UK via the North?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Again no help in this situation, but I was speaking to a client of ours at work recently, who is based in Sweden. He had a client of his over from the USA hunting Moose, and it cost the guy over $2,000 to ship a moose head back to the US. Considering I regularly ship pallets of electronics to the US for less than $500, I thought it was insane!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Never done it, but the subject has come up before, albeit in reverse.

Have a read here.

Might be of use, might not, but it's a start.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 18 I right I

... That's about €700.00 for your weight @ Euro per kilo.
    That's about what DHL wanted.
    Gravelly wrote: »
    He had a client of his over from the USA hunting Moose, and it cost the guy over $2,000 to ship a moose head back to the US. Considering I regularly ship pallets of electronics to the US for less than $500, I thought it was insane!

I could understand that cost for a moose. Those antlers can exceed 6feet wide.

The goat, however, is a much different story. The horns, unlike antlers can be removed. The mount would probably fit in a suitcase.

Hard to justify Fedex at €1300. At this point, it's cheaper to pay someone's plane fare!

Advertisement