Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Eir internet connection so bad

Options
  • 13-05-2018 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Eir is the only broadband company that services the area I live in so changing company isnt an option unfortunately, otherwise id have changed long ago. The internet is so bad it took me 4 minutes to load this page, and then I had to refresh it 3 times because it wouldnt load properly. I have a 10 minute youtube video open this last hour, its only loaded 3.9 minutes.
    Im a student and I have allot of assignments due in a week and a half.. I cant do any thing. Word online wont save anything I type because of the internet connection. Im trying to use wordpad but its awkward because theres no word count and trying to copy/paste the essay onto word online only works sometimes. I cant do any research, I cant check moodle or my student mail. Im worried that I might fail my course as I cant get work done. Ive 5 essays - all 3000+ words, one is 6000 and another is 5000. Ive tried my local library but the computers are so old, they keep crashing, the internets very slow there too. This is causing me so much stress. Eir have been promising us the internet will be fixed since last August. Ive rang multiple times over the year and theyve always been extremely rude on the phone. Theyve even hung up on me. Im not an argumentative or confrontational person but I feel that we're paying for a service that theyre not providing and I could potentially fail my postgrad over this. As soon as I finish my course im disconnecting the internet entirely. Ill rely on my phone for service - ill be changing over to 3 mobile and will have nothing more to do with Eir. But in the mean time, is there anything I can do to speed up the connection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Eir is the only broadband company that services the area I live in so changing company isnt an option unfortunately, otherwise id have changed long ago. The internet is so bad it took me 4 minutes to load this page, and then I had to refresh it 3 times because it wouldnt load properly. I have a 10 minute youtube video open this last hour, its only loaded 3.9 minutes.
    Im a student and I have allot of assignments due in a week and a half.. I cant do any thing. Word online wont save anything I type because of the internet connection. Im trying to use wordpad but its awkward because theres no word count and trying to copy/paste the essay onto word online only works sometimes. I cant do any research, I cant check moodle or my student mail. Im worried that I might fail my course as I cant get work done. Ive 5 essays - all 3000+ words, one is 6000 and another is 5000. Ive tried my local library but the computers are so old, they keep crashing, the internets very slow there too. This is causing me so much stress. Eir have been promising us the internet will be fixed since last August. Ive rang multiple times over the year and theyve always been extremely rude on the phone. Theyve even hung up on me. Im not an argumentative or confrontational person but I feel that we're paying for a service that theyre not providing and I could potentially fail my postgrad over this. As soon as I finish my course im disconnecting the internet entirely. Ill rely on my phone for service - ill be changing over to 3 mobile and will have nothing more to do with Eir. But in the mean time, is there anything I can do to speed up the connection?
    Hi emilymemily, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement