Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front wheel stolen

Options
  • 13-05-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Hi I had my front wheel stolen from my girlfriend garden in Cabra. I knew i should have gotten rid of my quick release wheels.

Just wondering how much I'm looking at to replace it?

Currently located in Cabra, gonna walk to some bike shop in phibsborough called "rothar" tomorrow.

It's a hybrid bike that I bought almlstcay brand new quality.

I'd love to kill the knackers who stole it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Rothar are class. They'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ED E wrote: »
    Rothar are class. They'll sort you out.

Judging by the reviews on their FB, they seem to be too notch. I kept passing them weekly saying I'll get rid of my quick release. Stupid me!

Do you have any idea of the price range? Just to stop me wondering all night.

Should I get an extra lock for my wheel? Even if not quick release anymore?

They didn't bother with my back wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You should use a ULock through the back wheel and around the seat post. Then use a lanyard to secure the front wheel to said lock.

Cabra would be a prime place for parts to vanish Inc saddle etc.

New front might be €50+, not sure. Rothar do some 2nd hand trade so might be able to source you a spare for a discount. Have a chat with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ED E wrote: »
    You should use a ULock through the back wheel and around the seat post. Then use a lanyard to secure the front wheel to said lock.

Cabra would be a prime place for parts to vanish Inc saddle etc.

New front might be €50+, not sure. Rothar do some 2nd hand trade so might be able to source you a spare for a discount. Have a chat with them.

Currently, I use an orange and black Kryptonite u lock around the frame. Big wake up call today for me. I only spend weekends here at Hanlon's corner so didn't expect to be victim.

I'll use your advice. I'll sure they'll advise me well. Thanks.

€50ish..not the end of the world :)

Advertisement