Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit disappearing possibly due to Text Messaging Overcharge???

Options
  • 14-05-2018 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Dear Reps,

This is my first month as an Eir customer and I've been experiencing some issues. I would appreciate if you could investigate the following for me.

I topped up my phone so I could send some text messages and within a short period of time I noticed that my credit had quickly become depleted (disproportionally).

I believe that I am being overcharged when I send text messages.

For example:

I sent a one-line text message on Saturday May 12th @ 19:11
    (When I checked my usage on the Eir Dashboard I've been charged twice - screenshots attached).

I sent another short message to a different number on Saturday, May 12th @ 20:14
    (It appears three times on the Eir Dashboard)

I haven't had the time to go back any further but I suspect given the amount of credit that has been used, that the pattern would be exactly the same.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Dear Reps,

This is my first month as an Eir customer and I've been experiencing some issues. I would appreciate if you could investigate the following for me.

I topped up my phone so I could send some text messages and within a short period of time I noticed that my credit had quickly become depleted (disproportionally).

I believe that I am being overcharged when I send text messages.

For example:

I sent a one-line text message on Saturday May 12th @ 19:11
    (When I checked my usage on the Eir Dashboard I've been charged twice - screenshots attached).

I sent another short message to a different number on Saturday, May 12th @ 20:14
    (It appears three times on the Eir Dashboard)

I haven't had the time to go back any further but I suspect given the amount of credit that has been used, that the pattern would be exactly the same.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Hi  TheFortField ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

Thanks for the reply Thomas.

PM sent.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the following:

You attempt to send a text message and you immediately receive a 'Not Delivered' error but you're charged for the text anyway.

When I review my usage online I'm being charged two and three times for one text message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

You attempt to send a text message and you immediately receive a 'Not Delivered' error but you're charged for the text anyway.

When I review my usage online I'm being charged two and three times for one text message.
    Hi TheFortField,

If you exceed a certain number of characters when sending a text then you may be charged for up to 3 messages. Most smart phones will indicate when you have exceeded the characters and gone from the 2nd to 3rd message. If you then exceed 3 messages, this then becomes an MMS message. In some instances this may not be delivered to the recipent as it can be dependent on what type of phone they have.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »

Hi TheFortField,

If you exceed a certain number of characters when sending a text then you may be charged for up to 3 messages. Most smart phones will indicate when you have exceeded the characters and gone from the 2nd to 3rd message. If you then exceed 3 messages, this then becomes an MMS message. In some instances this may not be delivered to the recipent as it can be dependent on what type of phone they have.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Thank Sarah, I understand that but as you will see from my OP, I'm referring to one line text messages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Thanks for getting back to me,

Could you PM me with your mobile and PIN as well as the numyou've been charged for texting and I'll investigate this with our Technical team and get back to you shortly.

Sarah

Advertisement