Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon or Rose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

Are you in much of a hurry for it? The dedicated 105 disc groupset is coming out in the summer so you won't have those fugly non specific shifters to look/deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

py wrote: »
    Are you in much of a hurry for it? The dedicated 105 disc groupset is coming out in the summer so you won't have those fugly non specific shifters to look/deal with
    Reckon these will drop in price when new groupset is out? I'd like a new bike with 105 and hydraulic discs, but was thinking closer to 1000e

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yes and no. Yes, I need a new one. But my current bike is sitting on new wheels, and I’ve ordered gear/ Brake cables, new tyres and a front mech this morning. So she’ll do for another few months.

Must have a look into the newer ones.

The 105 R7000 groupset does indeed look nice and seems to have cheaper list prices. I’ve emailed Rose and Canyon about when they’ll have availability and if they will be using them in the models above

Canyon won’t have them till late September.
    Thank you for your email.

We launch our 2019 range in late September at which point the spec, pricing, and availability will be known.

Until then we are unable to disclose further details on our 2019 range.

Kind regards,

Simon
    Service Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

And Canyon are well known for extending their delivery time too so I wouldn't bet on September, they may be on the website in September but not available for another month or two after.

It might be only on some of the more integrated Canyon bikes but some of the headsets they use can be a pain and expensive to get, pretty sure I've seen threads about that in here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not sure what size you are, but what about this Vitus instead. Hydraulic discs, 105. Vision 30 wheels. (only available in 54)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/vitus-zenium-sl-disc-bike-superlight-105-2017/rp-prod146535

That said, that Canyon looks nice. Rose have been great to deal with whenever I've dealt with them too.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Not sure what size you are, but what about this Vitus instead. Hydraulic discs, 105. Vision 30 wheels. (only available in 54)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/vitus-zenium-sl-disc-bike-superlight-105-2017/rp-prod146535

That said, that Canyon looks nice. Rose have been great to deal with whenever I've dealt with them too.

Looks good but I need a 58. I think I’ll hold out for the new 105 groupset. But then it’s getting back into winter and my current bike would become my winter bike. And my new bike becomes my good day bike.

Weepsie wrote: »

One of the cheapest 105 hydraulic discs I've ever seen

And Rose’s response :

many thanks for your inquiry.

As soon we received this items, we will offer bikes with this components.

Best regards

Udo Brockmann

Telephone Bike Sales Consultant

• Advertisement

so the 105 R7000 bikes are out:

thoughts on these? (the cube is 150 cheaper)

https://www.rosebikes.com/rose-pro-sl-disc-105-2672228

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2019/bikes/road/road-cyclocross/attain/cube-attain-sl-disc-greynorange-2019/

other than the wheels is there any real difference? Rose say they are 1kg lighter.

Canyon are launching their bikes at the NEC show this weekend. so hopefully will order next week.

Really like the look of the Rose model in Red, obviously faster too. :D Rose have been known to lie a little on the weight so wouldn't base your decision on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Rose have less in the way of oddball custom components (the headset, for example). All else being pretty much equal, I'd probably favour them over Canyon.

ted1 wrote: »
    so the 105 R7000 bikes are out:

thoughts on these? (the cube is 150 cheaper)

https://www.rosebikes.com/rose-pro-sl-disc-105-2672228

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2019/bikes/road/road-cyclocross/attain/cube-attain-sl-disc-greynorange-2019/

other than the wheels is there any real difference? Rose say they are 1kg lighter.

Canyon are launching their bikes at the NEC show this weekend. so hopefully will order next week.
    Do you think Canyon will do a price drop once the new models launch? They have been running a sale most of the summer but things like the Endurace 7.0 not included - you would expect these to be replaced with the new 105 7000

Do you think Canyon will do a price drop once the new models launch? They have been running a sale most of the summer but things like the Endurace 7.0 not included - you would expect these to be replaced with the new 105 7000

I was told that the new models will launch this weekend. Rose raised their prices which is surprising as the r7000 is meant to be cheaper than the 5800.

So we’ll have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Do Canyon not lie also? If they dont then they must be comfortably the lightest brand out there. They seem to have lots of bikes under 2500 that are barely 7k.

terrydel wrote: »
    Do Canyon not lie also? If they dont then they must be comfortably the lightest brand out there. They seem to have lots of bikes under 2500 that are barely 7k.

Reason I didn't mention them lying is that it seems that the OP has moved on to Rose vs Cube. Wasn't sure at the time if they were still considering Canyon. As someone mentioned afterwards, the proprietary components they have would put me off.

Reason I didn't mention them lying is that it seems that the OP has moved on to Rose vs Cube. Wasn't sure at the time if they were still considering Canyon. As someone mentioned afterwards, the proprietary components they have would put me off.

Just waiting for canyon to put up their 2019

And the canyon

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road/endurace/2019/endurace-al-disc-7-0.html

Cube:1399
    Canyon : 1499
    Rose: 1549
    Leaning towards the rose the welds look nicer than cube , wheels seem better and it’s triple butt v double butt al

Canyon offer 52/36

The other 54/32

Any thoughts on the gearung ?

The gearing on the Rose is perfect for climbing. Canyon don't say what size the cassette is from what I can see - just that the front chainrings are 52-36 (Rose is 50-34)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

The gearing on the Rose is perfect for climbing. Canyon don't say what size the cassette is from what I can see - just that the front chainrings are 52-36 (Rose is 50-34)

On the site they list the cassette as 11-34 (it uses a long cage rear mech), which is an odd one for a road bike. The low gear of 36/34 is actually slightly lower than the 34/32 on the Rose. FWIW, I've had a Rose CX as my main bike for a few years now and found it rock solid.

Advertisement