Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fusion 3

• 14-05-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

My contractor has a Fusion 3 Plus got for the incoming season and i'm thinking about getting all bales done with film on film, replacing the net with the film. Anyone used it, does it give better protection and thicker wrap? Did you stack the bales on their flat or on their end and did you notice any better preservation with the silage than other bales with net?
    I would normally get him to put on another couple of wraps of plastic anyway, so i'm wondering if I can do away with this now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'm using it here these last few years.
    The biggest thing with these McHale balers is making sure the operator is packing the bale or not.
    The first year the McHale was used here the operator was packing the bales hard but then the hoop and rollers got damaged after that and the next year the operator went the complete opposite way to look after the machine and yields were hitting 15 bales and more per acre but bales light out.

The plastic is a good job though. The first year I used the extra wrap on the bales and not an ounce of mould on 450 bales.
    Last year I said I'd save a bit and left off the extra wrap but there was more mould on some of the bales. The extra wrap will be used again this year.
    You'd never go back to net after using plastic though.

They're stacked 3 high on the round here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

My contractor has a Fusion 3 Plus got for the incoming season and i'm thinking about getting all bales done with film on film, replacing the net with the film. Anyone used it, does it give better protection and thicker wrap? Did you stack the bales on their flat or on their end and did you notice any better preservation with the silage than other bales with net?
    I would normally get him to put on another couple of wraps of plastic anyway, so i'm wondering if I can do away with this now?
    Its a great job but a bit of a balls if silage is put over a layer of the wrap so its a messy job to pull it off

Advertisement