Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Keypad on HKC 1070 Setup

Options
  • 14-05-2018 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Everyone, I am looking to add a wired 2nd keypad to my system , i have my main keypad at the front door and i am adding one for the master bedroom, the keypad I have in the bedroom has terminals marked 1 2 3 4 instead of + - A B , does anyone know how I should wire it because if i just wire it as 1 = + 2=- 3 = A and 4 =B I am getting a fault on my main keypad saying " No RKP Comms"

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wire them all parallel.
    1-1
    2-2
    3-3
    4-4

You then add and id the new keypad from the engineer menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ullickmagee

Thanks KoolKid, But as soon as I wire the 2nd Keypad in Parallel I get the "No RKP Comms" fault on the Keypad at the front door so I cant add the New keypad as I cant clear the fault.. The Font door Keypad has connections As Follows:
    12v
    0v
    A
    B

So I assumed that I could Just add the new Keypad at the Panel and Connect as follows
    + to No 1 on the 2nd Keypad
    - to Number 2 on the 2nd keypad
    A to Number 3 on the 2nd Keypad
    B to Number 4 ......

.. to But it Just aint working for me

Thanks for the help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is your second keypad for a Securewatch not Securewave.?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ullickmagee

That sounds like it could be the problem :(.. obviously not compatible.. its been on my bedroom wall for 4 years and I only went about hooking it up Yesterday..
    Ah well.. off to the Electrical shop for me .

Thanks again for the help.

Advertisement